"One More Light" Mega-Topic, Out Now!

That’s ok, I myself don’t like every single LP song.

3 Likes

When I hear Kiiara talking in the vid, she’s almost got that lisp in her voice that girls with attitude sometimes have, and idk, maybe I’m stereotyping, but it’s experiences that I have that I’m basing this on, and I quite frankly don’t like it. I need to look up interviews with this chick. That’ll definitely decide.

1 Like

Oh no. Girls with attitude are the worst. school wifi still won’t let me watch the video yet I’m a bit scared for their new style :confused:

1 Like

I heard your Wi-Fi part of your sentence in that attitude-type voice lol

1 Like

:joy: funny. i don’t have much attitude though. Someone has to REALLY make me mad before I’ll be rude…

I’ll be back tomorrow after I’ve listened to the song, don’t wanna spoil anything.

But, to all of you commenting about Kiara singing, everthing I’ve read about her, mentions that she does indeed use autotune. What a shame for LP.

Also, “One More Light”? Doesn’t sound very well thought. Then again, we know how bad they are at naming stuff.

1 Like

Very generic sounding name. They go from A Thousand Suns, what’s supposed to be a grandiose explosion of light, to “just one more light boys”. Sounds like a candle flicker in comparison.

1 Like

One More Light almost sounds like an almost goodbye… Not trying to be a downer here, but… Curious what the real thought was behind it. Bubbles, maybe? Or maybe they were out of lighters to light whatever they were using to get inspired :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Maybe chesters done smoking

1 Like

Dry, the best kind of humor. I laughed out loud after thinking about it.

I will admit, if this is the album title, I think it kinda sucks :frowning: But I felt the same about “Living Things” title at the time. I’ll feel better if the songs make up for it.

Don’t like the song atm …

One more light…maybe Songs/lyrics with deep feelings, psychological diseases, pain,… like papercut maybe, just a whole another Style?
The ‘heavy’ lyrics let me thought about it…hope lyrics and melody come together on the album.

1 Like

Yeah I was actually thinking this song is a LOT like Papercut (paranoia)

1 Like

The Little Things Give You Away is one of Linkin Park’s most powerful songs ever. Top 3. Especially the ending. If this album has something that competes with that, then that’ll be a milestone to me. Another beautiful landmark in their music career. If you haven’t heard that song much, give it a listen.

5 Likes

I don’t like everything they’ve ever done, anyone who read my one thread knows that. I do like a majority, they’re my favorite band for a reason. I do have to give Living Things a relisten, like I do every album I dislike to see how my opinion may have changed. But point is, they aren’t perfect and neither is any band. But I do like the way this song sounds so far. I like Chester’s vocals, and I personally don’t mind auto tune a whole ton. As long as it isn’t terrible. It also could be a vocoder, which is just an electronic effect over a voice. I think she has a nice voice, I like the beat, I like the emotion, and I like the melody a lot. However, the instrumentation could use a guitar or two… Just my input.

1 Like

I’m getting more and more excited with it!!
I liked how Kiiara’s voices sounded with the instrumental part, and I think it combines with Chester’s voice.
And I still listen to a lot of electronics beats in this song. So I hope for the best for tomorrow!

2 Likes

Does anyone like the new logo? I personally prefer the old one.

I personally don’t mind it, to each their own

I quite like the new logo, different from what I was expecting and I don’t know if I am looking way too deep into this, but the fact that the new logo is hexagon shaped (6 sides for 6 members) shows each member having his own space/section to create the band we know today.

6 Likes

I don’t mind it too… Liked the new one as I liked the older.