"One More Light" Mega-Topic, Out Now!

I agree
I’d go more towards it being for the single or something
Maybe mv is on beach

Me. Coz I am like… too young???

The cliche that I have expecting all year to share :broken_heart:

6 Likes

Well… truth be told, it is a beautiful photo. It just doesn’t feel like something LP would choose, it’s more like something a pop/dance/edm artist would have chosen, not a band like LP. It just feels like they opened the explore tab on Instagram and found this really cool image and decided to use it. Then again, Mike did say to expect the unexpected, we shall see.

On another note, Mike shared the link (if you don’t want to read the lyrics, don’t click on the link) to that page with the lyrics again and mentioned that the song was written by them, Julia Michaels and Justin Tranter:

A quick search says Julia is another one of those artists that work with people like Bieber, Demi Lovato, Kelly Clarkson, Selena Gozem etc. Same goes for Justin, apart from the fact that he has worked with Fall Out Boy and that he has a rock band of his own. Should I be worried that all their guests this time around are people from the mainstream pop (I’ll try to be nice here) industry?

Lastly, @tenkaichi sorry, as I have already mentioned in a different thread, I don’t share my music with anyone.

1 Like

Well… The album cover came as a shock to me at first but its actually beautiful and like @Im_Normal said above it probably conveys a symbolic meaning.
As for the lyrics, I like em but now we have to see how they sound.
One interesting thing I came upon regarding the album’s name was that it could be One Moria.
Moria is actually a girls’ name but it means star of the sea which in this case could mean the children playing in the sea. Interesting right? But what doesnt make sense is “One”.
Just my thought which I wanted to share. what do you guys think?

2 Likes

@lupedhs well Valentine’s Day by Linkin Park is about Chester being without his father, because Chester’s father’s birthday was Valentine’s Day. At least that’s what I heard, so it’s not exactly the same alone on Valentine’s Day that we all feel.
As for the other news, pop producers are probably there because they have experience writing actual lyrics with bands. Most rock producers just produce, since rock bands actually know how to write lyrics for themselves most of the time. Linkin Park know how, but this is like starting over for them. They needed to make sure they didn’t mess up.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s really about them “messing up,” I think they just want a fresh perspective on things, especially current trends in music.

1 Like

Well, the motive is less important than the outcome when it comes to music.

1 Like

True… but to me, the motives behind Linkin Park music has always been an inspiration.

1 Like

Seems like she’s going to sing at least a half of the song, though I might be wrong
(I have no idea how to put it inder “a spoiler sign” so I’m sorry If somebody doesn’t want to listen to the lyrics)
https://instagram.com/p/BQe2cypj0OX/

is this KIIARA? wtf…

Edit: Sorry, i forgot to say that lyrics are SPOILERED in here

In my opinion, that is going to be the strangest collaboration LP ever did

1 Like

I agree 100%

1 Like

All I know is s**t just got serious

2 days…and we will know more

1 Like

I don’t know… I think I react like that with Aoki… That was worst :no_mouth:

2 Likes

gimme a hug - a kiss- and hold me deep tight @lupedhs I am freightened!!! :scream:

1 Like

:sob: why Mike! Wwhhy??? :disappointed_relieved:
Jajajaja :joy:

1 Like

A lot of things passing throw my head, so I’ll try to organize everything… :confused:

I was always curious about how it would be if LP had a female collaboration. And when I thought about this, I imagined someone like Amy Lee, Pink, Gwen Stefani, even Tarja Turune… Someone who is in the rock scene. But now that we know that will be Kiiara, I’m even more curios to know how it’s gonna be. I don’t know if I’m already getting used to this idea, but I think it’s gonna be a really great music.

And something that I thought…
Hybrid Theory - Rock
Metora - Rock
Minutes To Midnight - Pop
A Thousand Suns - Pop
Living Things - Rock
The Hunting Party - Rock
LP7 - think it’s gonna go back to the pop… :unamused:
That would explain why they worked with all this writers and pop artists.

3 Likes

he suffers most dear, belive me…
:sob: