"One More Light" Mega-Topic, Out Now!

More than a year. I think I started my old thread in May of 2015 :confused:

2 Likes

What thread?

Eh, yes and no. Sure less rock, more pop, but not in the sense that LT was. LT was very electronic and converted a lot of its guitars to electronic sounds. I think this album will have more of a smooth, “natural-feeling” electronic sound. Hard to explain.

3 Likes

The #1 thread that gets searched when you Google “Linkin Park album 7” lol. It’s a link in here as well, look up at the top and you’ll see the name of it. Still has more views despite being dead for awhile.

I get what you mean. It won’t be straightforward electronic, but more of a mix of real instruments and electronic sounds, more similar to A Thousand Suns but even more organic.

Well I feel that organic would translate to acoustic, but I know what you mean and agree with it. Alive, like a living organism.

You know, I really liked the way A Thousand Suns was super electronic but ended with an acoustic guitar and Chester singing his heart out. I kind of hope the new album ends on an acoustic note, either that or an epic song like A Line In The Sand. Who knows, they might even deliver us a medley type song with reprises of the whole album, similar to the way the last song in a musical usually does.

7 Likes

I think I know what you mean, and I have a feeling I’m going to like it :slight_smile:

I get you, ATS sounded really obvious as electronic by the concept.
Now here electronic elements are going to be softer, organic and will be perfectly mixed with living instruments.
In opposite to Living Things were electronic sounds were too experimental and flashy as if they were trying to give more relevance than the same songs, now these will be less raw and better controlled with more harmony as they did in THP.
Just check the video with Connor Youngblood, I think they were making a background ambience with that instrument wich name I can’t remember.
Listen with attention the last clip, there are background sounds and they fit really well.

So, electronic elements will be there as melodic and ambiental complement, but they won’t be the main thing like ATS and LT :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You know what would make this album great for me? If we got more bass lines that really stand out like the ones in Bleed It Out and Given Up. I really wanna see some great bass work from Dave, stuff that is really prominent in the mix and not just a supporting instrument to Brad.

6 Likes

Whomever said that they hope this album ends on an Epic such as A Line in the Sand, I absolutely wholeheartedly agree.

4 Likes

Did anyone else notice how fast this thread went from like 900 replies to almost 1600 in one week?

2 Likes

Because now we have had more to talk about, Now imagine when the album comes, I guess we’re going to discuss the songs here too.

1 Like

I am planning on writing a review and posting it in a whole new thread a day or two after the album is released.

4 Likes

New thread for album discussion once it drops. It’s better for everybody.

6 Likes

Who’s going to create the thread when it’s time?

Whoever creates it first. It should be editable as a rule of thumb, and the title of it should look proper, such as “(album name) Official Discussion” or such.

2 Likes

It is going to be created once first single is here? or til the whole album comes?

I’d lean more so on when the album drops, because even if we get an album name with the first single, the rest of the album is still technically speculation, hence why that discussion belongs in this thread.

3 Likes

This is gonna be a good week… :grin:

5 Likes