"One More Light" Mega-Topic, Out Now!

By my side, Im glad this is going to sound fresh and different coming from them. If I did not like pop music very much before, I guess this record will convince me more, I don’t care,I hope to feel myself be carried by this album if the tracks are in the perfect order to enjoy it.

1 Like

so you were just right, the new teaser is very …YOU GO!

1 Like

YES! SAME HERE! :stuck_out_tongue: so nice and smooth, Chaz just before raising up… and I :heart_eyes: love Rob :joy:

#the most powerful drummer in the world

5 Likes

Yeah true that.

Most powerful? Isn’t that a bit of a stretch?

1 Like

Babe? @tenkaichi
you should have seen his biggrin as I told him this !

https://linkinpark.com/photos/premium-packages/941881/berlin-germany?albumId=2321

'AND STILL HE IS HAHAHA showing his sensitive side on it!

this clip got me very hyped. They finally gave us a clear hint of what the album is gonna sound like. I do think the version we hear here is not finalized, so the end result will be better.

as for onmo-… I can’t think of anything else besides of one month.

3 Likes

That was you smiling at him?

yo
:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That clip sounded interesting. It has a nice melody… also, they’re at Sphere studios this time which probably means they’ve been working on the songs (or this particular one) for a very long time.

5 Likes

I could not remember the name of that studio, thank you.

Yeah it is a good signal, these are better worked than previous 2 albums where they had not the same amount of time.

I’m hoping the final version has those drums included.

6 Likes

I actually think this album was rushed just like their previous two. 10 months in the studio is not a lot of time.

The Hunting Party came out nicely, don’t ya think?

Yes it did but I also feel like it was more riffs and instrumental parts than variety on lyrics.
I also notice that only the singles had a cleaner sound than other ones, with Keys To The Kingdom and A Line In The Sand . Out of that, its a good record, I think if they had spent more time into it, we could get more lyrical content and a better teasing method as they are doing now.

@evooba didn’t they started to work on studio again since October 2015?

1 Like

I actually consider it way better than Hybrid Theory, so yeah, to me, it did. Still, I do feel their last albums have been rushed. And let’s not forget that Mike and Brad basically wrote the entire thing, the rest weren’t present most of the time. I’d like it more if all of them contributed.

@dr_64 Dunno, they’re always writing basically. EDIT: According to Warren, they were in the studio for 16,5 months.

1 Like

I don’t hate that they’re doing pop, I hated that specific sound. One of my favorite bands is a pop rock band called Marianas Trench. My problem is I hated that sound. I don’t know why, I haven’t heard the whole song so I can’t make a fair judgement though.

Minutes to Midnight was something the whole band contributed to, huh? Damn that album is great. And yeah, 3 years between albums is something I wouldn’t mind.

2 Likes

I actually believe they took their time on this album as opposed to the last two. Remember how it was set to release last year? But they purposely slowed down their process to make sure they got everything right, as opposed to THP where they literally released a single before they were even done recording. I have really high expectations for this new album, and after hearing that new teaser, now even more.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure The Hunting Party being rushed was just because it was supposed to be a fast paced, raw, heavy record.