"One More Light" Mega-Topic, Out Now!

That makes sense now. They’ll probably release a new teaser every other weekday, in which the last one will fall on the 20th, and as speculated, the single will release the following day.

Same I mean we’ve sherlocked this to its extent there is no point anymore haha

1 Like

All singles are released on Fridays now so it is most likely going to be 17th =the same amount times that Mike repeated the words in his tweet—just thought I would add the tweet https://twitter.com/mikeshinoda/status/827653364552851456

2 Likes

“Heavy” does work for the final title. I like it.
So is true that it will come out on February 21?

1 Like

It’s always fun to speculate, but the teasing is just taking soooo long

1 Like

I think the website is correct when it says 21st Feb.

Actually media is released on Tuesday or Friday’s!

All that matters is, and I hope I can speak for everyone here: The new single and album will be absolutly mindblowing.
After all those years being in love with LP and after all they already said about their upcomming material, this is what I am thinking

3 Likes

I don’t speak very much now because you all say what I think :slight_smile:

@wingsofdeath Of course, Im thinking on preorder my physic copy :3

2 Likes

More often or not they come out on Friday the global release day changed to a Friday from a Tuesday last summer

1 Like

I have a feeling this new sound will get lots of hate for “not sounding LP enough.” At least more so than the others. I believe it will get more hate than ATS.

1 Like

Then again they may completely shock us still, but from what we know, it’s quite a mainstream sound.

1 Like

Maybe the sound we hear on Kiiara’s snippet is not really the one they are doing, if this is not a song from the album.

Yeah, the keys sound would be softer, but I am still hoping to hear some good beats from Rob with those new sounds.

I imagine something like Burning in the skies but less dark and indie rock-ish

1 Like

Maybe, but also seeing Mike’s snapchats gives me an indication that it’d sound more mainstream. Also the list he has on Spotify, and something sounded quite poppy in that piano clip too. Blackbear’s snapchat aswell. Again I could be wrong and they just put out another Rock record LOL.

If it does sound like most music in the charts (ish), then i predict this will be the most criticised album in their whole career.

5 Likes

The sound is something very unknown, but I think the clip shows that the first single, if the clip is actually part of the single, will probably be a piano ballad. Hopefully a good one with epic harmonies and the guitars actually do get to kick in and give the track some energy. A ballad doesn’t have to be slow and monotonous. As for the rest of the album? The first 2 singles will give us a good idea of what that’s about.

Now, I strongly advise you all to only listen to 2 singles prior to the album release, no matter how many they give us. You shouldn’t spoil the album for yourself, and 2 is a good number you get a taste and not the exact feel. You want to experience the album as an album in its entirety without spoiling it for yourself.

But that does bring up the topics of singles. God, I hope they don’t release half the album in advance again. Please just give us 1 or 2 singles guys. We don’t need to have that much of the album in advance, and this way the album release can boost performance of one single, and then follow up singles can help the album perform well on the charts for months to a year after the album release, if they’re released correctly. Play it smart, guys. Please.

5 Likes

Personally I don’t care what type of music they make, as long as it’s good, and knowing Linkin Park, they can stumble over any genre and still leave a mark. And I don’t mind them going mainstream either, because it’s about time they regain the recognition they deserve.

4 Likes

“Criticised”, huh? You British?

1 Like

You took the words out of my mouth.

I think that the first single of a new álbum should be something… I don’t know how to say it in english, but something more agitated. I don’t think that a piano ballad is a good option for a first release. Only if, it comes with that harmony that goes just through your heart and let your eyes full of tears. (I remembered that song from Evanescence called My Immortal. I love this song but I think I wouldn’t like to see something like this).

And I totally agree that for a better experience we shouldn’t look for the singles before listening to the entire CD. But unfortunately I am too damm curious to do it. I’ll probably listen to all the singles that they release. Lol

5 Likes

I don’t think a ballad is a good choice for a single either. I think you mean the single should be energetic, or “feuled by adrenaline.” It should be interesting enough to grab your attention and make you want the album to come. But I expect it to be a ballad based on the clip we got.

As for spoiling it for yourself, don’t worry about it too much. This is just my silly rule for myself that helps me get more into the experience of music. I’m literally obsessed with music so this is all a part of it for me. I didn’t actually come up with it, got that from a YouTuber.

2 Likes