"One More Light" Mega-Topic, Out Now!

all other fansites. I’m on LPLive too. LPAssociation is another big one

Yeah I can’t dedicate that much time to this.

well yeah but they run on social media as far as I know and ive got no fb twitter etc etc by personal choice

they have their own forums http://lplive.net/index.php

that I did not know
thanks

Totally agree. I think the lyrics now talks about things that the members are passing thru. The others albums talks about personal relationships. But now is more about then. I think we will get to know a little bit more of them with this new album.

5 Likes

I think their lyrics were never terrible (pretty cringey in Hybrid Theory), but they were never intelligent. They used simple language to convey meaning to their audience that they could relate to. It was probably because they always wrote the lyrics last. They didn’t have the time to dedicate to the lyrics.

But now they have a new style. They wrore their lyrics in advance, meaning they can dedicate more time to them, add a melody that fits the lyrics, and add real depth and power to the words. I’m hoping for much more expansive and intelligent lyrics, like twenty one pilots, if you take away the emo and add in Mike and Chester’s personalities. They have and greater chance for their words to Bleed through.

My greatest fear is that they worried too much about the lyrics and melodies and not enough on the riffs, beats, grooves, and overall instrumentation. Lyrics are great and all, but they mean nothing if the emotion can’t be felt in the overall sound of the music. Fun music is fun not because the lyrics are fun, but because the song is upbeat, catchy, and danceable. Dark, moody music is dark and moody because the low key, low tempo atmosphere with the sweet grooves and amazing melodies that aren’t hooky but more expressive. If the band wants to make emotional, powerful music then they have to make it interesting and deep, lyrics and music working together. I’m hoping that it isn’t all piano ballads and slow paced songs without any strong guitars or beats.

My last hope for the album is that Joe gets a chance to revive the turntables. I want him to get a chance to show what he can do on those things. Then again, if he sticks to pianos and keyboards I won’t have a problem with it either, it would just be nice to see them revived.

9 Likes

Linkin parkception

5 Likes

I didn’t realize there were other forums… I’ve finally figured this one out it would be too different for me :fearful:

Lol ikr Ive been on here since before it was a “mega topic” lol and has def blown up!

Apparently they have started rehearsals.

3 Likes

“Highly Unlikely” :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Took the words out of my mouth very well said!!

Thank you! I was just voicing my thoughts.

For what? Live performances?

“Highly Unlikely” :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, this is pretty standard :slight_smile:

What’s highly unlikely?

No clue, I’m just quoting from Mike’s Snapchat

I thought he was saying that cause a lot of comments were saying it was highly unlikely they were starting rehearsals
that’s why hes got smugface on