"One More Light" Mega-Topic, Out Now!

Could this mean that the “Making Of” videos are coming soon?

2 Likes

Sounds more like they wanna release the video/music together?

1 Like

That could be it also

Well we know it’s coming this year, so that’s something to brighten your day. The thing is now just waiting. They might also be waiting to strike at the right moment that will allow the best chance for landing on the radio. There are bad times to release albums. Maybe it’s very political and they’re waiting for the anger about Trump to really heat up before they release it? That way they get political fire to escalate sales. But that’s just a thought.

1 Like

that could actually be a real possibility
I remember them saying at least one song could be viewed through a political lens
too mainstream for them though?

They’ve never been shy of the mainstream, I don’t think they wouldn’t appeal to it. I’m not saying that they always do, just this is after all their living. Marketing is a real part of the music. It affects the sound, the release, and everything else in more ways than anyone likes to admit.

Well Mike did say that the album is not at all political, but I guess it could be viewed that way.

1 Like

This has me thinking that depending on the Trump administration, the next album could be very politically sad & angry, similar to songs on Minutes to Midnight.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind that at all
It’s kind of a staple for them
Although if we’re going by that train of thought, the photo shoot pics could be seen as more hopeful/at peace
Colorful/laid back/sunset

1 Like

We’re all probably way off and as Mike said it’ll have been unexpected by anyone

You’re right let’s expect what none of us expect… It’s gonna be One Direction and Justin Bieber inspired full blown teen pop where they sing about how much they all love dark chocolate candy. Mike isn’t going to rap, instead they’re getting Niki Minaj to do all Mike’s verses. Finally, they’re going to do a 10 minute. Losing track where they cry about not being good enough for the dad of the girl they like. I think I cracked Mike’s code :joy:

2 Likes

Lmaoooo
Radio would eat it up at least :joy::joy:

1 Like

Notice I said “next album.”

Mike’s eyes look:

4 Likes

I think whatever the album"s gonna be like,it is going to hit everyone hard whether positively or negatively.

what is all that stuff in the background?

No idea? Stuff on his ceiling?

The ceiling at HQ, it’s very industrial style.

1 Like

I’m getting more the feeling the album will be named “the unexpected” xD

Yeah, It can be named The Unexpected.