"One More Light" Mega-Topic, Out Now!

Exciting things! Done with the studio as it seems:

6 Likes

Ohh nice!
Is he one of the producers or something?

No, he is Joeā€™s tech.

1 Like

So whatā€™s left? Mikeā€™s edits?

1 Like

ooooh yeessssss!!!

1 Like

So theyā€™re done recording and mixing?

1 Like

Recording for sure since they are not in the studio anymore. Mixing takes time so Iā€™m pretty sure theyā€™re not done with that. We donā€™t know whoā€™s mixing the album this time around too soā€¦

Someone from LPLive posted this:

ā€¦ very interesting :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah, they updated their playlist the other day. Bands Mike likes and K Flay who worked with them.

2 Likes

Possibly a spoiler:

I just realized in one of the live videos where Mike is like humming a part of a new song as he plays the piano, they say something like ā€œLost my horizonā€ and ā€œLost my wayā€. So that title of the possible leaked tracklist could be like a deep/sentimental/peaceful song.

1 Like

Yeap, you can check all possible song titles that we could make out of their board in the OP.

1 Like

Oh yes I did. All those sound promising

If there is a track called ā€œRival I Canā€™t Outrunā€, it sounds like it would be the ā€œA Line in the Sandā€ of the album.

1 Like

Right, all the titles seem more personal than the ones of The Hunting Party.
Iā€™d like to guess this new album would be like Minutes To Midnight style just with new songs,collaborations and hopefully a new sound.
As you said, if there is also ā€œCan We Go Backā€ I think it would be about the band proving they are the same as when they started. Idk thatā€™s what the title makes me think. Same for ā€œStaring Backā€.

Sounds more like regret to me. And ā€œStaring Backā€ would be self-realization.

1 Like

I definitely feel as if this new album will be very deep and hard hitting. Not really like a ā€œMTM deepā€ that deals with love, or that a teen would listen to when they need to cope with a break up or something, but more of a very sentimental, powerful vibe. In their Facebook livestream about a month ago, Chester said how he relates to a lot of the albumā€™s tracks, and he even mentioned Breaking the Habit, which was about his drug addiction, so we could expect some really heavy-duty shit like that. And if I remember correctly, I also heard that Mike will have a song on there thatā€™s dedicated to his childrenā€¦

3 Likes

Well said, I hope so and agree.

Yessssss!!! I canā€™t wait to hear it.

The only thing I hope for is a cohesive album. That is the thing I disliked most about ā€œMinutes to Midnightā€ is that, of all their albums, that one didnā€™t feel like it really flowed as a whole. Thatā€™s super important to me for what makes a successful album. It sounds like a complete thought when it flows together. FINGERS CROSSED Iā€™m curious to see who ends up mastering the album. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

THP has a nice flow. But thatā€™s cause most of the songs are in the same genre / style. Iā€™m curious to see how different the songs on this album will be.