"One More Light" Mega-Topic, Out Now!

Wow. The day just passed so quickly

Slowly for me. Iā€™m not even in my right mind today

2 Likes

Stay strong soldiers!
After the angry comes the hopeā€¦

What hope? Heā€™s dead

Watch the language please. I know emotions are up, donā€™t let them control you.

6 Likes

This made me cry so hardā€¦ :cry:

Disgusting stuff with whoever hacked Talindaā€™s Twitter. Fuck whoever did that

4 Likes

Oml tour officially cancelled in case there was a doubt in anyoneā€™s mindā€¦:broken_heart:

Double down on the hacker
No respect and no :tennis::tennis: move

2 Likes

I tried to fall asleep yesterday thinking: it should be easier tomorrow. I woke up at 4 AM, opened twitter, listened to Roads Untraveled, and I have worse mood than I had yesterday. It hurts inside

3 Likes

I was thinking only a month or so ago about how great we had it. A band that will undoubtedly stay together for a long long time, and that will make countless more albums.

This is so unreal. You always hear about people doing this, famous people committing, you know, but you never expect it to be one of your own, especially when they seem so happy and healthy.

7 Likes

I felt it too today, knowing that my favourite singer is GONE from this world forever. No new LP songs with Chester. But eventually with time we will come to acceptance. This was not in our control, Chester made his choice. In fact, I am still in shock and even confused more than anything; he had loads of support emotionally and mentally from his band, and no doubt family and friends. He opens up about his problems. Yes Chris Cornell was very sudden and hard hitting especially when he was getting out of his depression. But still he would have found a way to get past this and not let this lead to suicide. It just seems so out of character.

4 Likes

May be he had problems inside of his head. In one interview, this cycle I believe, he said that when he helps other people - heā€™s happy and nothing wrong, but when heā€™s alone - his head is the most dangerous ā€œneighborhoodā€. You cannot really predict if something like that will happen. My motherā€™s cousin - my uncle, committed suicide the same way Chester did - byā€¦ Donā€™t want to say that wordā€¦ That was quite awful too. I donā€™t know why Iā€™m saying this, but anywayā€¦ I hope you guys alright, as much as itā€™s possible right now

I truly believe that he was wasted, didnā€™t mean to do it, but wanted to feel ā€œcloseā€ to Chris on his birthday, so in anger and sadness he prepared the door the same way Chris had, and although Iā€™m sure he meant to choke himself and feel pain, I donā€™t think he actually meant to die, just to feel good in the pity and try to bond with Chris, in that dark way.

He could have fallen unconscious unexpectedly. But I truly donā€™t think he meant to die. No note or anything.

1 Like

Still I am not in moodā€¦

He really is gone, isnā€™t he?

I have a bad feeling inside thinking he had an argument with someone
Unless he was in his familyā€™s home(I have no clue) I canā€™t really think of another reason heā€™d be away from his family if heā€™s in LAā€¦
Todayā€™s been tougher, Iā€™ve gone through their discography all day and itā€™s hard to not tear up
I was somewhat a loner by choice through my life, left most everything behind for someone I thought Iā€™d be with through thick and thin and when that walked out of my life Iā€™ve been even more isolated
I didnā€™t have physical struggles like many yet through the kid sh*t stuff and the real struggles and losses and frustrations I always turned to them
A two lane highway and a decent set of speakers pumping LP is all Iā€™ve needed to let go of problems
I can only hope that thereā€™s locked up tracks and demos he perhaps recorded even roughly that maybe will one day see the light and find our ears
I previously said I hoped they had recorded other things for this album and cut a lot of it out in hopes for later use
Anything that man wrote or spoke would be a blessing to hear one more time
However it is he chose to go out and whatever reason he had to do so, Iā€™ll hold onto the belief and memory in which he helped countless people get through bs every dayā€¦

When my time comes
Forget the wrong that Iā€™ve done
Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed
And donā€™t resent me
And when youā€™re feeling empty
Keep me in your memory
Leave out all the rest
Leave out all the rest

2 Likes

Great post man, I think Iā€™m in shock or something because I simply cannot cry, andā€¦ I canā€™t explain it itā€™s like my emotions are dry all of a sudden. Havenā€™t listened to any songs since the news broke. Bought a bottle of Crown and Iā€™m downing it tonight, I canā€™t believe any of this, I wish Evooba would show her damn face because I know she felt like I do about all this and it would be nice to see another hardcore forum regular here to ease the pain, maybe tonight is the night I donā€™t know, I never imagined this was possible

1 Like

I can see her face on Facebook.

And only when you @tenkaichi shared that video about your reflection did I believe that you werenā€™t any bit Japanese at all.

2 Likes

Slightly made me laugh. Also, this dark shit busted me up an hour ago, best laugh Iā€™ve had in awhile, granted Iā€™m not all there in the head today, processing a lot of shit I guess

Its okayā€¦ :slight_smile: you will be soonā€¦just take a deep breath

yeah, i wish i could say no