"One More Light" Mega-Topic, Out Now!

My rating has dropped to a 6/10 with repeated listens. Honestly, I’m starting to dislike Battle Symphony and starting to really like Nobody Can Save Me.

1 Like

I cried to this version.

1 Like

So, does anybody have a favorite song yet? Or, maybe one that stands out above the rest?

Right now it’s “Sorry For Now” for me…

5 Likes

I’ll double down on “Sorry for Now” with you, probably my favorite at the moment

6 Likes

I started liking “Sorry For Now” and “Nobody Can Save Me” …

6 Likes

I don’t have one right now but I like one more light and halfway right… also talking to myself

1 Like

I’m torn between Invisible and Good Goodbye. I’d love Sorry For Now but those weird sounds are not for me.

One More Light easily. That song is so beautiful, impactful, and compelling.

5 Likes

So this is Goodbye LP. I had my wife sell our Tickets (right back thru TM… at face value… probably lost money but oh well). Before everyone jumps on my first, only, and last post, let me explain. I don’t blame LP for making new music… if this is truly what sound they are feeling, and not a push from the industry. It just isn’t for me anymore. I have had six great nights (concerts) since 2000 and it is those memories I want to preserve. So for that sake, I must exit. The LPU has given me oppertunities that I would of never had otherwise (three m&g, presale tix, etc.) and I thank you for everything. My first LPU experience was at Projekt Revolution 2007 and my last was LP/Rise Against in 2015. Jessica, Lorenzo & staff thanks for all you do for the underground, the LP M&G is the best fan club gift ever.

P.S. Did you know that when you look up LP on google, an artist named T-Pusha or something the sort comes up… yep time to go!!!

Best of Luck

2 Likes

You’ll be back next album when the band does a 180 and makes something you like. See you in 2020.

6 Likes

I guess this album is just for an specific mood, I liked it, but nothing else, I don’t hate it neither. I still have faith on them, if they really love their die hard fans, makes me thinkg they’ll make something fair for the next album. I just had a theory, if every album was made under a different purpose, feeling and inspiration source, they’d make a poll, so their fans would vote for the most wanted style, That would be a true gesture of appreciation, like “We’ve had fun already, now you decide the next one”.

It could work because even if they all choose a nu metal album, they’ll make it different and they’ll experiment more anyway. So, that would be a fair purpose and not just a really “sellout” move. Besides Hybrid Theory’s aniversary is on 2020.

Like they did with Living Things but this time more brave and less rushed. Because I personally think the last more classic song they did in this decade was White Noise.

But who knows, maybe they’ll still aiming to a younger audience and the ones who liked this album will even be left behind. Wich I doubt, after all, they don’t evolve in a straight line :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you think LP are adding fuel to the fire of hate by having such statement such as “…like our new shit, move on, blah blah”?

Making people think, not only do I not like your new album I don’t even like the new you.

2 Likes

It’s a thin line, and for some people, they may have already crossed it. I can definitely see it upsetting people.

While I don’t think they should feel obligated to make “Hybrid Theory 2.0”, I think it’s a bit too far for them to say things along the lines of “we don’t owe you anything” when they probably wouldn’t be here today without the people that loved Hybrid Theory and made it and them the success they were/are

2 Likes

That won’t be good for them, they are losing a bigger amount of fans and general audience this time. Oneself does not know if he/she is supporting to the “right” side when that person defends the band with better arguments than what band itself (Or Chester) says.

Linkin Park is a super talented and polemic band wich I appreciate and follow by its talent and general style to make music. I would not like to see it end 100% hated by the whole fanbase and turn into a black sheep.

They can prove more themselves if they decide to do it.

2 Likes

I would have to say LP’s fan base numbers are about the same as always. I bet that instead of losing fans cause of this new sound, they’re actually just replacing those fans with newer ones who do like it.

I don’t believe they should do what fans want or whatever. It is their music, they make the decisions based on what they’re feeling/going through at the time of writing an album.

I wouldn’t say that they don’t care that “old” fans are not happy or that they’re losing even more with the kind of music they put out, it’s just that not everything is everyone’s cup of tea. It is that simple, it’s ok if they don’t like it. They knew this would happen at some point in their carreer.

Besides, look what happened. With this album, the sales went well and they’re probably gaining new fans that like this type of music.

1 Like

The only downside of this album doing better than Living Things and The Hunting Party is that we might see something more along the lines of OML than not. I like this album as a standalone album, but I definitely don’t think they should adopt this style as their new defining sound.

1 Like

I honestly would be completely happy with an album in the style of the song talking to myself. That song has an element of Linkin Park that seems like it’s still them. The others are really different, but I love them all anyways.

I agree to a point about their decision, but as a fan since day 1, I get mad at the comments they do say. They said the similar things a while back and I stopped listening to them.

But let’s look at an example. Metallica has been around since the 80’s. 36 years as a matter of fact. They’ve done the same music since then and I went to a stadium concerts of theirs the day OML came out. And guess what? The whole stadium and football field were sold out and they have stuck to their roots. There were teenagers, young kids, older people and mid aged people. Do you know why they don’t lose fans? Because they appreciate them, oh and another way they don’t lose them is because parents of kids who listen to them get their kids used to listening to them so their fan base just grows that way.

I get that Linkin Park members are older now and they don’t want to make albums like Hybrid Theory. I do feel like this album was very personal for Chester and that is why he is feeling offensive about it. I do feel as though maybe they should have released an album with some music that was a little more rock, maybe some soft rock. But also include songs like the ones on OML.

1 Like

I remember reading somewhere that a fan met both Chester & Mike, but Chester appeared to be “stuck-up” and acting all high and mighty, whereas Mike was more down-to-earth. So no surprise Chester is the one making all these provocative comments to the fans, and Mike has to defend Chester.

Chester is a diva. He’s a nice guy, but he definitely is a diva. Mike can be a diva too.

4 Likes