"One More Light" Mega-Topic, Out Now!

I can’t predict what’s gonna happen but hell, Chester has to be careful. I understand his frustration but that’s not the right way to speak. Bad choice of words? Maybe, but I don’t think so. Let’s wait till Mike comes to his rescue… again.

1 Like

What’s been happening is he’s been saying most, not all, of it as a joke and then people take the quote out of context. I think Chester just shouldn’t be a spokesman of the band but whatever…

1 Like

Mike is the better spokesman. The rest of the band always make akward jokes.

1 Like

But isn’t Mike the Trollnoda?

https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/p640x640/17126668_358632064536180_4981915751280541696_n.jpg

11 Likes

Dat Mike Dollar… :joy:

Fort Minor Dollar

2 Likes

Ah yes… Fort Minor Dollar :smile:

1 Like

Seems like Chester apologised for what he said about the fans. No surprise it happened after Corey Taylor called him out again.

What did he say this time?

I have gone through this with my other favorite band, Rush. Their sound on each album for the 30+ years I have been a fan, has rarely been the exact same. Over those years, their sound has gone through many incarnations, from Rock, to rap, to Jazz to more progressive pop etc. The reason I am comparing these two seminal bands is that without fail, they each made the music they wanted to make without compromise.

This is not my favorite album, that title belongs to A Thousand Suns. However, just as I like each Rush album differently, some not all that much, with each album comes a deep appreciation for those artists being true to themselves despite what critics or fans might say. They are only ever beholden unto themselves, I hope that each NEVER creates an album because its something the fans want, but not something they believe in as artists.

Will I buy the next album … yes. Yes, I will indeed. I will buy it, because hopefully, the music will be music they are passionate about supporting. I am not a musician or artist and I cannot imagine how it feels to hear people talking crap about something you created from the heart. I argue that these songs NEEDED to be made. These were not necessarily songs written to be popular. These were songs written to emote feelings of loss, sadness, confusion … these are not typical LP lyrics so they do not have the typical LP sounds. It does not mean that it should be labeled as crap. It may not be something you appreciate, but its not crap to the people who matter the most and we need to not lose sight of that.

LP owes me nothing. Thanks for an album that though not my favorite, I can certainly appreciate where it came from, and that makes it amazing. That said, One More Light makes this old dude with a breast cancer survivor for a wife tear up every time because it puts to words how I feel when I think about what could have been or what might still be my reality.

4 Likes

Well, personally I enjoyed the album and could careless about people hating it! I just hate people that hate it for dumb reasons! “This sucks cause it’s linkin park” “this is stupid Justin Bieber could’ve wrote the same album.” Blah blah blah… those are stupid if you don’t like it for a actual reason then hey fine by me! And let’s be honest they obviously aren’t doing it to sell out … if they sold out they would make a HT 2 or never made MTM after meteora. Also their poppies song is still in the end! That song was pop music when it came out! So selling out is def not what they are doing not never will! Also I hate biased reviews like if their name is “metalmusicreviews” you already know they are gonna throw shade on it! On that note based on what y’all have hear or seen how well do you think this album is gonna do?? I will countinue to support them until they day they aren’t around anymore! And I will give every album a chance! If they make a country album next or a punk or a metal or a indie or a pop or a EDM or a hardcore/screamo idc! So how do y’all think this album is gonna do?

Personally, I think this album is fantastic. I especially love the Mike/Chester role reversal on Sorry For Now… mind blown… keep rockin guys!

4 Likes

Look at it nu metal to nu metal to rock/alternative to expiramental rock to all the above to raw hard rock/metal to pop/pop rock … that kind of dicography is AMAZING and let’s not forget they have never had a line up change and being I. A band for 20 years with out one is GREAT! And they are charitable and kind loving people! Even if you hate their music you gotta respect their choices to do what they want and not care what people think

3 Likes

Though it says that they “probably” will sell around 90,000 copies, which is… strange. Hopefully the number is going to be bigger, much bigger

5 Likes

When I first heard Heavy I’m disappointed. Not because it’s a pop song since I enjoy pop music, but I think it’s more Kiiara ft Linkin Park. When I heard Battle Symphony first time I thought it was better than Heavy, but when I give 2nd listen I’m disappointed again. It’s indeed better than Heavy but still don’t live up to my expectation. I almost give up hope but when Good Goodbye comes out I regain my hope for One More Light. It’s the best song from the album so far. I don’t listen to it since it first comes out, though. When I first listen to Invisible my hope is almost gone again. It’s a little boring. And when I heard One More Light (the song) my hope is completely gone. It’s, again, boring. The lyrics are pretty good, though. So I think I’ll skip the album. Unlike other Linkin Park albums, I only like one song from this album (maybe, I’ve never heard the rest) while I have more than 5 favourite songs from album 1-6. In their 1st until 6th album, I love most of the songs since I first heard those songs while I don’t like the songs from this album since first listen (except for Good Goodbye) that’s why I wanna skip the album. I don’t care about Sharp Edges, Talking to Myself, Halfway Right, Nobody Can Save Me and Sorry For Now. And for One More Light and Invisible 1 listen is enough. I’m waiting for their 8th album now.

I think some of the songs in itself are pretty good like One More Light, Heavy, Sorry For Now (minus the break), Invisible.

I just wish these songs had more interesting instrumentation, kind of similar like the pop/rock of MTM would already be a bit better.

I would like them to put that scream in One more light (song) like Chester did on Jimmy Kimmel’s show. It would be so amazing and it’d touch you really deep; and actually, you can hear that scream on the studio version of the song during the guitar solo I guess, but it’s like an echo which is a little disappointing

3 Likes

The first day the album came out I listened to it and thought ugh this sucks. However, after I listened to it a second time some of the songs I did not like started to grow on me. After listening to it a 3rd time a couple other songs grew on me. Now, I like the whole album. I’ve liked linking Park since HT and that will always be my favorite album, but I’m also a huge pop music fan, so I’m content with this album. I really love ‘talking to myself’ wish they had more songs like that on the album. Like the whole vibe of that song.

1 Like

For me, the most “classic LP style” songs on the album were Battle Symphony, Nobody Can Save Me, One More Light, and Heavy. In that order.
The whole album is good but those are the songs where I found their original touch.

4 Likes

Don’t forget taking to my self that’s more of there style then Heavy. Hopefully the album dose well I still don’t really care for a lot of it but they did a good job being different. They always do. Hopefully Chester doesn’t want me to “stab my self in the face.”

1 Like