"One More Light" Mega-Topic, Out Now!

Beyond what crap or praise people are or will be giving the album, I hope people at least appreciate how both Chester and Mike kill it vocally

5 Likes

Whoever got the big preorder package should post what instant photo they got!!!

I donā€™t wanna hear any leaks yet just cuz I still love the old fashion of opening an CD and popping it into my CD player. Hopefully they will include all the lyrics on the CD cover so I can do what I had always do since I was 12. Sit and listen to the album while reading the lyricsā€¦ Also trying to memorize all the lines as well so I can sing along haha

1 Like

I bought 140 out of 200 of the Give Me Everything bundles so yeah, please show me what photos I didnā€™t get. (Just kidding, throwing a joke out about how I purchased 17 albums to win a contest.)

Sorry For Now is an awesome song. Mikeā€™s fantastic singing (and a little bit of autotune amiright) and Chesterā€™s muffled rap (wish they ā€œrevealedā€ his part a little more.)

Chesterā€™s "na na na"ing is hitting my ears from Halfway Right is pleasant as well.

1 Like

Iā€™m not gonna give too much of my opinion away here, but Sorry For Now was one of my least favorite tracks

Really!? I think Battle Symphony and Heavy donā€™t add up to shit now that the other tracks are out. Sharp Edges, the finale, is some weird shit. I donā€™t like that song for shiiiit. @dr_64 @evooba Iā€™d like to hear your thoughts on it.

One More Light was probably the desired finale by the band, but Iā€™m sure they were heavily advised not to end the album with a powerfully melancholic song. Truly a beautiful song. Iā€™ve found myself listening to it more than any of the others, and even shed a tear (or twoā€¦) thinking of my grandmother before she passed on.

Sharp Edges is a Mumford and sons song.

Iā€™m sure the chipmunk sounds are actually Mikeā€™s voice pitched up all the way using the chipmunk filter.

2 Likes

@tenkaichi Heavy is also one of my least favorites, and Battle Symphony falls somewhere in the middle. Again, full thoughts coming tomorrow in my track-by-track review.

I liked the album a LOT! I think itā€™s just awesome! My favorite track is Sorry for Now - all those sounds - I think itā€™s a guitar because Brad said they got some interesting guitar on that song, and I liked the chorus a lot. I would even say that itā€™s like a second Waiting For the End for me - which WAS my favorite song of all times. The least favorite song is Halfway right. It wasnā€™t really interesting for me I guess. Also, I would say that this album is lighter - in terms of the emotions it evokes. I donā€™t think I ever felt so much hope in LPā€™s album. Overall, what a great album!

2 Likes

@tenkaichi Wonā€™t post my thoughts before Saturday. My first listen will be with Mike and Brad tomorrow night.

In other news, I got an email saying my OML pre-order was shipped today. This probably means I wonā€™t be getting it any time soon so the party tomorrow will have to do for now.

As was commented here once with the release of Heavy, the song is more like Kiaara ft. LP. and this has happened to the whole album. Yes, I agree that songs are not terrible, and also that this would make a great pop album release, but it is a LP album. These are the type of songs that you would want to sway against after a drunk party (the happy high stuff) or play on a drive, but I personally am disappointed.
I think Talking to Myself and Sharp Edges are the only 2 songs that I would like to play.

Anyways, as always, donā€™t listen to others & do give it a listen.

Welcome to our world One More Lightā€¦

Itā€™s May 19th here now :joy:

1 Like

I canā€™t get enough of Sorry for Now and Sharp Edges, such great songs

3 Likes

Sorry for now is so amazing, itā€™s just on repeat. When Iā€™m trying to listen to another song from the album, I just click on Sorry for now again, and sing :joy:

3 Likes

@tenkaichi All of the songs were interesing for me because I like the combinations of new instruments with their voices. Sharp Edges was kind of funny since it sounds like a mix between Milky Chance and Shawn Mendes but lyrics are good.

Halfway Right is one of the most underrated by people already, the melody is enjoyable, even more that ā€œna na na naā€¦ā€ part, but I was waiting for that song since Chester spoiled the first lines. Its like a Breaking The Habit in OML version.

Nobody Can Save Me, well It has a mix of the core sounds of the album, a good way to start the album and see what to expect, I liked especially the bridge and how it ends. I could hear it keeps some Living Things elements.

One More Light is beautiful and atmospheric, makes me sigh with just hear the first chorus :confused:

And Sorry For Now was a cool and surprising song, I think it is the best vocal development for Mike here. Since the refreshing keyboard melody until the end, I missed Mr Hann going crazy on samples and I could hear the guitar work too. Reallt enjoyable and radio friendly after all, but that does not make it a bad song, but if this was been one of the singles it would be a hit :joy:

In general I can tell they really focused on lyrics here, they sound really personal and serious that they could really fit for rock songs tbh, some of them getting into the ā€œdarknessā€ again, but all of them disguised by laid back style music, wich fits very well for each one. I could not say ā€œhmm this would be better with another genreā€.

My opinion about it would be really different if I were not discovered this forum.
Again If you are in the mood, youā€™ll find this album really enjoyable and refreshing. Just get into it.

1 Like

Chris Cornell was so pi**ed with LPā€™s new album that he killed himself.
I know it is too soon.
I will show myself out.

2 Likes

Did anybody who bought Just give me everything package received something about the shipping? Was it shipped to you yet?

I just got my shipping confirmation 5 minutes ago. The tracking says it should still arrive tomorrow, for me at least

1 Like

This, just this.

8 Likes

Yeah, I got it too. Thank you anyway!

2 Likes