"One More Light" Mega-Topic, Out Now!

3 Likes

Not trying to give any reviews here until the official release but I want to just describe the album in one word : beautiful. Hoping it stands the test of time.

4 Likes

ill just say that this album is what happens when linkin park is relaxed and comfortable
I wanna say stress free but some talk about stressful stuff I just mean its not an angry ā€œemoā€ rock anyone is used to

2 Likes

A little bit of spoilers, but its a good review.

2 Likes

Something Iā€™ve noticed a lot of people mention (generally speaking), especially today, after listening to the new album, is sales. Why do sales define an album? Why does it always have to be about money? I donā€™t get it.

2 Likes

Yeah because thatā€™s gonna break the camelā€™s back for everyone, lol

I wouldnā€™t say sales define how well the album does, but itā€™s at least part of it. When Hybrid Theory came out, it was a huge deciding factor, but in 2017, streaming is more popular than physical media, and is not a huge factor

And hereā€™s another video:

7 Likes

I think Iā€™ll do an unboxing for this album. The Give Me Everything Deluxe package. And perhaps even my own first ever album review.

3 Likes

Update

Iā€™m getting used to Battle Symphony :3

3 Likes

Iā€™m just gonna say that I got the album leaked and Iā€™m gonna post my review on release day. Should I post it in here, or should there be a separate review thread?

I donā€™t think itā€™s an issue if you post it here, this IS OML discussion after all. Nobody has to click it, and unless they can hear the album just by looking at your videoā€™s thumbnail, Iā€™d say youā€™re safe.

1 Like

I agree, I just donā€™t understand why some people seem to think that sales is what defines how good or bad an album is.

1 Like

Itā€™s gonna be written. Ainā€™t no way Iā€™m making a video XD

1 Like

Yes you should share a written review!

@evooba Ikr, Thatā€™s really ironic because they complain saying the band is selling out with the new music, but then they base its succes on album sales or the albumā€™s impact on music history as someone else said.

If you wanā€™re writing an in-depth review and want people to see and give feedback on what you said, then Iā€™d say go ahead and make your own topic. Things are probably going to get lost in here by the time the album fully releases.

The only reason we had on main topic before is because everyone who made a new topic before was doing it for ā€œdo you guys like ____?ā€ or ā€œdid everyone hear ____?ā€, which had very little conversation value on its own and belongs in a single topic

So uber desperate to listen to the leak but Iā€™m trying to keep strong for two more days! What I donā€™t understand is all the hate going around for the new sound. Iā€™m not the biggest fan of the new sound either but I respect them infinitely as musicians that created the music Iā€™ve spent my whole life obsessing over! Moreover I respect the fact that they arenā€™t afraid to let their music evolve with time. Ofcourse they knew people would call them ā€œselloutsā€ and going with the trend but that didnā€™t stop them from putting out the music they created and loved. And in a way Iā€™m hoping, once I listen to the album over and over again, that Iā€™ll find a new appreciation for this new sound. We all love and cherish all the good old tunes, maybe it will be the same with this new album! How bloody amazing would that be!! Iā€™m almost shaking with excitement and anticipation. Aaahhh 2 more days! Anyone else waiting with mee?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve listened to the album whole and also seen the reviews. They donā€™t match up at all, basically if this album was sold under the name of a different popular poprock band, itā€™d be rated much higher. People are still mad that linkin park went pop and itā€™s just that side of them talking. Personally, there are no songs on the album that are downright awful, every song Iā€™ve heard has at the least, decent relatable written lyrics, catchy and at least every song (with the exception of good goodbye I think) has been on at least one personā€™s top 10 songs from the album list. Some people just said invisible is good and everything else is bad, or 3 other songs are good and everything else is bad, some even saying heavy and talking to myself are good and the rest are bad. Itā€™s weird how variant peopleā€™s music tastes are and how one persons favorite song from the album can be anotherā€™s least favorite. Anyway, Iā€™m sure youā€™ll enjoy it some what at the least. Just donā€™t bother with most reviews, this album will become a defining point in the years to come for LP.

4 Likes

@jFar920 definitely in depth, I took notes and everything today when I listened to it the second time. Gonna listen a few more times before the write up, but totally going in depth for one of my favorite bands.

And as for waiting, I think itā€™s obvious I didnā€™t plan on it. Leaks are okay in my opinion. I do think only hearing 2 singles leading up to the album was very worthwhile. It definitely made certain tracks have a different weight to them.

4 Likes

Like this comment just because.

7 Likes

Iā€™ll like AND reply to your comment.