"One More Light" Mega-Topic, Out Now!

Need to listen with atention, its full of their sounds and still way better than most of pop songs nowadays, unilke Heavy, this doesn’t sound generic.

1 Like

I am guessing the part of the fanbase that give a lot of importance to lyrics and messages of songs may still like the album. Those that give importance to sound may have a hard time.

I think this time, they have attempted to make the kind of songs that they have never tried making. This is not to say that others have not, but they want to experience this facet of the music world too and grow as artists.

But they have never wavered from their goal - To explore new sounds and transcend all boundaries. The range of music they make would have made them experience more than I can even imagine. This is my opinion.

3 Likes

Whoever said this feels like Waiting For The End 2, I disagree completely. This song is it’s own thing, and I do think it feels Linkin Park, but it is nowhere Waiting For The End. Waiting For The End had a gradual build to an epic release. This song has a pretty fast build with a decent, but powerful, release. Waiting For The End you had to wait until the last minute of the song to hear Chester release, but he built it up so well, and when him and Mike combined it was beautiful. Here, Mike is absent and Chester releases every chorus. Waiting For The End just had a lot more restraint, which makes the release even better. This song you get release the entire song, and while not bad, it just isn’t close to being a second Waiting For The End.

But I’d say this song is a lot different than I thought it would be. I was hoping for a little less Fight Song by Rachel Platten and a little more orchestration and power. I like the song a lot, and a lot more than Heavy, but I wish it was more like I imagined it. A pop version of A Line In The Sand mixed with Breaking The Habit, all pop, but all power.

And as for the lyrics, I feel like these aren’t great lyrics by any means. They’re good, but they’re a bit generic. Even this song, it’s basically just your standard pop anthem. I don’t hate the lyrics, and I love the fact that they’re more personal, but I think I’d prefer if they stuck to their old writing style. They had both the lyrics and the instrumentation spot on in my book, kinda sad that both seem to be a little absent. But, I still think I’ll enjoy the album.

6 Likes

You mean this email?

http://cm.linkinpark.com/t/i-e-uitlkjt-pikhykhli-g/

new street team missions out :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I didn’t receive anything at my email :frowning:

1 Like

I was wondering that I got it - right after been scolted inhere- lol- but Lorri also answered my twiter :joy:
@anngelenee
I sent it via twitter to ya
:smiley:

Oh ok, thanks in advance :slight_smile:

lol wanna hear a funny story: lol
I sent the email to An… on twitter, lol An van Opens @anvanoppens answered, we had a nice lil conversation, but lol
:joy:
I try again…
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

LOL so you don’t remember my tw nickname? :stuck_out_tongue: :joy: to manny “Anns” in here, I have to change my name :joy:

it s been a while lol
:sweat_smile:

but I just missed the second “n”
go read ya messages
:joy:

1 Like

It’s really annoying when people try to compare different bands to another. Linkin Park is not trying to become Imagine Dragons. ID is a good band and they have their own style. LP is my favorite band, the only band I know every song of, they have their own style.

What I’ve learned from Heavy is that this album is going to be probably targeted to a new genre…a new group of dweebs and then maybe the next album will be targeted to another, different genre. It’s kind of like they are basically saying, “hey we can write songs in all genres and beat out any other artist in that category genre…” or that’s what I feel, since LP is nice, they would nevvvvver say that :3

6 Likes

That being said…I watched the new video and that’s all I can say…I have no emotion on the new song :neutral_face:

1 Like

Chester’s not holding back or editing his true voice on this one… Not too (scared?) to sing with his emotion and be loud. So somehow his vocals are better on this. It sounds like a powerful song, makes you feel like a fighter when you hear it. The background music seems all together as well. Somehow they are definitely pulling off the right vibe. Also with the lyric video. That video is amazing for the song. I give importance to both the lyrics and the sound and I think they nailed it. Probably easier to interpret if you’re a fan of multiple genres. Anyways Go LP!!!

4 Likes

…I don’t think we watched the same video…I didn’t feel none of that…i didn’t even have a feeling D;

:open_mouth: I wish you had a feeling, you deserved a good feeling :sob:
Hands @intheend dis pretty bunny

4 Likes

Thanks ;-;:cry:

Youz welcome

Awe don’t cry ;-;

Without any expectations, any comparison and any kind of influence by views of others, when I listen to the song, I simply enjoy it. I hate to become a critic when I love a song without knowing the reason.

2 Likes

So…I’m pretty underwhelmed by “Battle Symphony.” The lyrics and message are nice, but I even think Chester’s singing could be better. Chester has more vibrato to his voice than that. :confused: I’m really shocked to say I prefer “Heavy.” :frowning: I don’t think I’ve ever been this disappointed by a Linkin Park track before…it sucks. They’re my idols/inspiration for many things and have been for years…This just seems kinda one dimensional. Where’s the rest of the band? It sounds like Chester with a DJ…:confused: Good for Joe, I guess, but I wanted something a bit more technically challenging. :confused:

2 Likes