"One More Light" Mega-Topic, Out Now!

I can understand it, I have curly hair too, it’s a mess :smiley:

And yaaay for the news! :slight_smile: Actually I think the time flies so quickly this autumn, the new track(s) will be here soon. Or is it just me?

It’s a very old photo (june or july), you can tell it was taken at Larrabee and not at the new studio. Brad hasn’t grown his fro in years though.

Yup we’ll never see Rob’s locks and Brad’s gigantic fro together in the same pic :frowning:

Few seconds of new music (Mike trying to do some tweaking to his vocals) are up on his snapchat if anyone’s interested.

Damnit I missed it

Here it is:

4 Likes

Electronic overtone it is. Ladies and gentlemen, it seems this album will be closer to Living Things than any other album. The cow bell video, them working with The Chainsmokers and Black Bear, and now this, I think we have a pretty good estimate of what it’ll sound like.

I’m thinking it’s Linkin Park’s MTM & Living Things hybrid. A mellow album with a few rough tracks, distorted with the experimental mellow-tronic feel to it.

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure what Brad was trying to play yesterday but he seemed to really dig it. And Andrew was with them in the studio again (check Mike’s snapchat).

As for the sound, I cannot say what it could be like, we can’t know based on 10secs of randmoness they share every once in a while. I do believe it’s going to be different than previous records, it’s what they always do.

1 Like

This is what Andrew Goldstein has produced: Andrew Goldstein (musician) - Wikipedia

And here’s Blackbear: Black bear - Wikipedia

Be worried.

lol. you worried?

I guess it corresponds with this:

1 Like

To be honest, I’m kinda nervous about the new producer. He produced 2 Hot Chelle Rae albums, and thats alot for me to be nervous about. I know it’s still the band I love, but I’m nervous about it. I have total faith that they can make another amazing record, but I’m going to get nervous because I have an expectation level. Not to make the same record constantly,but to make something very creative and inspiring. Is anyone else a little nervous?

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m nervous that it’s gonna turn into some chill-pop electro garbage.

watch over to soundclouds, you will get some impressions… if it is sound like this direction, then we are right to be nervous, we rockers and nu-mettla…

1 Like

Nervous? I wouldn’t say so, it’s a strong word. At least not for what the album is gonna sound like. I don’t really care, they’ve made bad albums in the past I didn’t like (MTM, LT, Recharged, etc), I always appreciate their effort of making something new and out of their comfort zone. Some of the collaborators they’ve brought in are not my cup of tea either but we cannot know what the outcome will be or how much they’ve been helping with the writing and all that.
What I’d say I’m nervous about is how little time they take for each album now. I don’t want them to rush things.

3 Likes

Have you listened their spotify list “linkin park is listening to”? Cause if it’s gonna sound like that i’m maybe little bit nervous too. But I have loved all their previous albums so I trust that the next is gonna be good too. Because Linkin Park is always Linkin Park. :wink:

1 Like

could you name some songs from that playlist? I can’t access it cause I don’t have Spotify :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Salla_S It’s not a secret they listen to everything, literally. They have a pretty good taste actually.

@rickvanmeijel You can check the playlist here.

@evooba You are right, but i still don’t want to the album sound like that.

I’m sure they’ll work their magic around whatever inspiration they might get. It’d still be Linkin Park-ish.
Or maybe it’ll be a complete disaster and we’ll just have another bad album.