"One More Light" Mega-Topic, Out Now!

I doubt it was a cash grab, at least for that reason. I’m sure the band (or at least Mike, since he made remixes for it, too) liked the music on it, it’s just that it’s drastically different than most Linkin Park fan’s tastes. My main problem with it is that there were multiple remixes/versions of 3 songs, and over half the songs were released for the preorder bonus for Living Things, leaving nearly nothing that was new. I guess I really shouldn’t complain about that though, because I’d much rather have the songs on CD rather than the MP3 versions we got before, even if I didn’t like them that much

Which is actually pretty good, the crowd goes nuts during that song. Even I enjoyed it and I loathe Recharged.

1 Like

Well, I can’t say I didn’t enjoy it live:)

COG remix is god damn amazing. I get goosebumps everytime

I’m part of the minority who likes recharged :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

More Recharged talk here Real Talk: Recharged for anyone interested.

1 Like

It’s my personal opinion that recharged was bad because Living Thing was bad.

I guess it’s all a matter of personal taste and also mood and situation where a certain song is played.
The problem for me with Recharged is that it sounds like Mike literally raped his own songs.

But I too was going nuts during the show when the remix of Castle of Glass was played. Because of the total feel of the moment; Hyped up in a venue with thousands of others enjoying the same music and going nuts for it.

In my opinion Living Things was a pretty good album. The EDM remixes on Recharged just weren’t my taste. Maybe if they’d let Afrojack remix it instead it’d be better :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah… Who cares now. I can’t wait to hear the new album.

1 Like

Thank you for explain to me. Very sweet :smiley: :smiley:

Mike went live from the studio about an hour ago. Did anyone catch that? Unfortunately the video is not available (yet at least).

No, where? :frowning:

Apparently from his account. I don’t see a video anywhere though.

Yeah it was on Facebook. He was his favorite t-shirts and where he likes to buy new ones. And rambling about other stuff. Unlike other FB streams, this one wasnt viewable after he went offline though.

I guess it was too personal?

Maybe? It wasn’t like he discussed any private stuff or anything

So, he basically talked about The Hundreds, Stussy, Jeff Staple and all that good stuff? :stuck_out_tongue:

Uh yeah that stuff too :stuck_out_tongue:

Typical Mike Shinoda. Lol

You can’t catch them all. ;p It was pretty boring. I kept spamming him questions that were actually good ones instead of the usual “when’s the album coming?” I asked repeatedly why they chose Andrew Gold-whatever as their producer, and what Mike’s other route would’ve been had his high school band with Brad not formed. Bastard went to Twitter to answer questions even though we were in a Facebook livestream. Won’t be tuning in again.

Well, album questions will be answered when the album is out, like always. The other one he has already answered a bunch of times before. Besides, we all know he doesn’t like spammers… that, plus you can’t expect him to be able to read them all considering how fast it moves. I pity them every time.

I did hear he said some pretty interesting things regarding Fort Minor.