No 1 understands y im a hardcore lp fan

Since the very first time I heard LP on the radio I was HOOKED that was like 12 yrs ago since then I kept up with their music but when I had to start taking care of my parents and son I kinda lost track but at the same time that was when Chester went thru his hard time so I didn’t miss out on much every1 saw that as me giving up on being a fan WTF not me life just happens Now I’m in a good place in my life and as u can c by my tattoo on my profile pic LP is a BIG part of it and I don’t no but peeps around me look at me like "THEIR JUST A BAND"NOOOOOO their not their music means something to me I feel what their singing about,sum of the songs describe exactly what I’ve gone thru in life Thez guys their not like most bands who do it for the $ yea sure it’s good $ but they care bout what’s going on in the world and about their fans …Y can’t people understand that that’s y I’m glad their is LP underground cuz I no I am not the only one…sorry needed to vent my concert date is getting closer and im excited and no1 seems to understand y

You are definitely not alone! I just attended my very first Linkin Park concert, and I’ve been a hardcore fan for 11 years strong now, so this first show meant more than I can ever describe. I was so excited and it’s all I’ve been talking about to everyone. But there are only a few who understand that LP is MORE than a band–they seriously are my everything. Not many people care or understand. They think I’m absolutely insane for feeling how I feel about this band. But that’s ok because Linkin Park has ALWAYS been there for me when I had no one, through good times and bad. I agree with you because I’m so happy and honored to be back in the LPU!!! I love it here and it’s so great to meet others who really understand our love for LP. Awesome tattoo, by the way! Wear it with pride and be excited about your upcoming show!!! Even if no one else seems to understand, don’t let that sour your excitement! Go and rock out to your favorite band!!! :wink:

I feel somehow the same, well i dont know, because for me it’s the music. You know like the instruments playing together to make the song. I don’t really listen to the message of the songs,but im inlove with the melodies, beats, sounds, and combinations. and i would totally get an LP tattoo or who knows maybe my case is totally different. I dont think anyone understands anyone elses feelings toward the band. oh well.

There are plenty of Linkin Park haters and that is just life. But there are plenty that love LP as well. Its a difference in how people listen and enjoy music as well. For me, same thing heard LP in 1999, when they were Hybrid Theory, I was rapping, going through a rough time in my life, and the first two albums hit home so hardcore that I was connected with them for Life. There songs meant so much and spoke to me about what I was going through and helped me get through it and still do. Now as I have grown they have grown and there music has change, and I have enjoyed watching them and can relate to there newer sound as they changed. Linkin Park is one of the few that do that for me though so much that you would put a tattoo on your body of them, so its not many bands people relate to like that. I might put 2 bands or artists on my body and can say they have gotten me through my struggles and life and brought light into it when needed, so the people that do not relate to LP like that, I just consider it there loss. And I hope they have bands they do relate to, but I think you have to love music, most people listen to music but dont really HEAR THE MUSIC and WORDS. We are part of the minority unfortunately.

LIKE I SAID THIS IS Y I LUV THAT THEIR IS A LP UNDERGROUND I AM SO HAPPY TO SHARE WITH YA AND YA NO EXACTLY WHAT IM TAKING BOUT I LUV READING YA’S COMMENTS…DON’T MISTAKE ME FOR BEING WEAK WHEN IT COMES TO PEEPS HATING ON ME FOR BEING LOYAL TO LP I DON’T CARE WHAT ANYONE THINKS IM 31 AND I LUV LP I WEAR AND SHOW IT PROUDLY I JUS HATE THAT PEOPLE DON’T GET Y…I CAN B HAVING A HORRIBLE DAY AND ALL I HAVE TO DO IS PUT N MY HEADPHONES PLAY LP AND DROWN OUT THE WORLD AND THEN EVERYTHING’S OK…I LUV MUSIC AND I LUV HOW IT TAKES MY STRESS AWAY…@LHS I HOPE MY EXPIRENCE IS AS KICKASS AS URS \m/

I’ve had to deal with negativity from anti-LP and anti-Rock fans my entire life. Especially being born and raised in a place where you’re considered weird for liking Rock music. But I am not weird, I am different. I stand out. “I’m not a pattern to be followed, the pill that I’m on is a tough one to swallow”. I’m not a copy and paste, I hate being like everyone else, and I am proud of it.

When someone tells me LP sucks, or judge me bad for loving them, I just think this…People don’t have the capacity to understand the meaning behind, even if they say oh sure I get it, no they don’t. My defense mechanism just tells me to ignore those poor souls, because their brains can’t process, and will never understand what Linkin Park means in many of our lives. MOST of them are down right ignorant, and no matter how much you try, it’s a lost case. They will always judge and think you’re out of your mind. But just think you’re at a higher level, and actually have the capacity to appreciate and love something meaningful, something they will sadly never experience.

I think it’s really sad when someone doesn’t have a favorite band, or artist. It’s almost like…how do you live???When you’re down and need to be cheered up, what the heck do these people do? Do they even have dreams? What is this??

I’ve lost “friends”, been grounded, gone dehydrated and almost passed out, and even starved for Linkin Park. But it was TOTALLY WORTH IT! Because when that angelical voice or powerful beat soothes my ears, nothing else matters in this world.

I will be 80 years old and headbang to Lying From You like it’s the first time.

So much to digest here with everyone’s comments. I too will be 80 and banging my head to LP (and Metallica for that matter). It’s hard to describe but I must have something like “Music ADD” because very few bands hold my attention span. I get bored very easily when listening to the radio and often find myself hitting button after button to find something worthwhile. LP seems to fill that void for me. No matter how many times I listen to their CDs, over and over again, I am never bored. Their music (both the melodies,beats, sounds and combinations as well as the lyrics) speaks to me on a very personal level. Often times I try to understand the meaning of other artists’ songs, but LP doesn’t need any thought process. Their songs simply make sense.

I have loved LP from the first time hearing them. I only more recently got to see them in concert (Madison Square Gardin, 2011). My nephew kept telling me how much I was going to love their concert. It was almost like he was taunting me (he and my son had seen LP approximately five times, and never asked me to go). Now we joke about how LP has dethroned my Metallica, and that’s a huge deal. Nobody will every play as hard as Metallica for the length of time they did in my youth (try 2-3 hours straight for several concerts I attended, and they weren’t even the headline band in some instances), but LP sure matches that same level of intensity. They simply put on a great show! So much so and despite having tickets for their upcoming Camden NJ show, I decided to take myself to their Bristow VA show because I’ve been temporarily detailed to the area these past few months. Nobody wanted to go with me so I brought “Me, myself and I” to the concert! And boy did I have a blast!! I can’t wait to experience my first pit in Camden NJ. I might just actually survive!

As for their change in music style, they are their own genre. I love their newer music as much as their older music. I listened to the new album over and over again while on a four hour drive. By the second go around, I was like “wow” this is really good. So, I guess I can say I am a hardcore LP fan and damn proud of it! I put LP in the same category as Mozart and Beethoven, and of course Metallica and a few other bands/artists… musical genius! .

I totally agree and understand what you are saying. I think Linkin Park do have a different realtionship with their fans/ their fans with them than most bands. Ever since I was little, music has been the ‘thing’ in my life and I’ve gone through many phases and have a very eclectic taste in what I listen to. As I’ve mentioned elsewhere on this forum LP have come in and out of my life since they first started and it’s only now that I realise how truly awesome and significant they are to me. And I think this is the same feeling you are trying to describe!

The only other band that have ever come this close to what I think about Linkin Park are Manic Street Preachers and if you know their history they have a similar long story and philosophy/politics that I have admired. It’s what fans often buy into - for me presonally though Linkin Park mean even more than they do, and that’s strange considering MSP have been ‘my’ band for a lot longer than Linkin Park. That accolade has now kinda changed similarly to your Metallica/LP shift that you describe.

I’ve noticed in a few interviews that the guys always get asked when did you realise you were famous - lots of possible answers and they’re usually quite funny, but I wonder if they realise, in your words, how many other bands they have actually ‘dethroned’ - they are indeed ‘musical genius’ and much much more! :smiley:

Dude you are not alone, not too long ago (or at least it doesn’t seem that long) I struggled with drug addiction to cocaine and MDMA. I know what it feels like to struggle with your demons, and like you I had some good music giving me hope. I remember Meteora being a MAJOR part of my everyday life. I felt release after rehab and it was therapy for me afterwards With that help I followed my own dreams and am now a successful hairstylist for the Regis corp. LP for me just like you is something that is deep and cannot be questioned. Sure I get “overly obsessed” whatever… I hear you man! Keep rocking good music :slight_smile:

KIRLEY,DANIELLE,PERKY AND,CARL I COULDN’T OF HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF I LUV READING YA’S OWN WAY OF LOOKING AT THINGS BUT YET IT’S THE SAME WAY I FEEL …AND DANIELLE THAT SHOW U WENT TO IT FUCKING ROCKED I RECORDED IT WHEN IT CAME ON FUSE LIVE THAT NIGHT SO I WAS THERE WITH U \m/ I WAS SOOOO PISSED AT MYSELF WHEN I ACCIDENTLY ERASED IT THANK GOD FOR YOUTUBE…AGAIN THAX FOR THE COMMENTS GUYS I LOOK FOWARD TO SHARING MY EXPIRENCE WITH YA

Reading these comments honestly makes me so happy. I am the only one I know of personally that is in complete love with LP like we all are. They have always been more than music to me, their songs spoke something deeper than what was being said. That probably sounds delusional but I’m sure you all have experienced that too. I am such a hardcore fan and can listen to their songs for days, and it just makes me even happier to be a fan of theirs when they treat their fans SO GOOD and have a heart for using their music to empower and help different parts of the world. Linkin Park will always be #1 in my book. And, I look forward to being 80 and jamming out to their music!
#LP4LIFE

So true what you have said Erick - and not that Linkin Park need a slogan, but If they did I can imagine ‘Linkin Park = more than music’ would be the best contender!

Yea I luv that slogan…Erick nothin delusional about it at all I luuuuv LP my hubby gets pissed wen he enters my car and all that plays is LP he’s like don’t u ever listen to anything else…lol and then u hear my son say we don’t need to lol i luv that I mean yea I listen to other music I jus never get tired listening to their songs as well I get goosebumps everytime and to me wen that happens its BCUZ that person sings with heart

LP is great but some people will never see that , they are haters.
Ignore them and spread the love.

I COMPLETELY understand! None of my friends are half the fans I am. Does that mean they’re not really my friends? xD
But seriously, I saw them last year and even live they’re brilliant (contrary to what many say) and they didn’t play all of my faves. Guess what? That just gave me much more of an appreciation for the songs I didn’t like as much. (When They Come for me being the main example.)

I know a couple of casual fans, and others make fun of LP to get a reaction out of me– they know I’m snarky lol I don’t care if they don’t like LP, everyone has an opinion, you know?

There’s nothing like going to an LP concert and knowing that the majority of the people there love the band. I went to the Tinley Park show the other day and about 85% of the people were blasting LP in their cars after the show ended. It was awesome– I heard WTCFM, LFY, GU, COG, BID, ITE, etc at the same time from different cars and there were even some people dancing to the music lol

I love LPU, and all of you guys too! It’s incredible how many people actually have a love and passion for this band as much as I do. I never thought I’d come across anyone until I met my bff, who is also an LPU member. Just went to the Cincinnati show with him and had an absolute blast. It’s crazy though… Came across LP in around 2001-2002 when I was riding with my cousins somewhere. Was like, who is this??? Ever since that moment, I have been in a word, OBSESSED. Linkin Park is my passion, and nobody will ever understand that, I’m sure. Only you guys and my close friends. This band is like you guys have said already… More than just music.

Each of them are unique and have such good personalities. Everything about them just makes me happy. I love all of their albums, every single song. I hate when people say they were “famous 10 years ago” and that they are “sellouts”… Just because they matured and you didn’t, that makes them sellouts? Sorry they can’t be more like “Disturbed” and have all identical music to where it’s practically boring and predictable every single album they release now. Lol

Anyway, this band is forever in our hearts. The only band of our lifetime that will ever be this way for me, and I’m sure for a lot of you as well.

I think I’m driving my friends crazy with all my posts on FB counting down the days to the concert. I am beyond excited since it will be my first LP concert. I am a bit LP obsessed but I won’t apologize for it or expect anyone to understand. My husband certainly doesn’t but whatever. I just recently joined LPU and I wish I would have done it sooner. I am having so much fun getting a chance to talk to other people who love LP just as much as I do. Their music connects to my life in so many ways, esp my past that even though I am beyond those things, I wish I would have had this music at the time I was going through all that crap. I think the best thing is that my 10 yr old LOVES LP as much as I do and we’re going to the concert together so that is really exciting.

I completely agree. I love that LP has their websites, the LPU and share videos etc with us all the time. They love what they do and they appreciate that if it weren’t for us fans, they would be doing something else. I love that about them.

[quote=ALIZAY29]Yea I luv that slogan…Erick nothin delusional about it at all I luuuuv LP my hubby gets pissed wen he enters my car and all that plays is LP he’s like don’t u ever listen to anything else…lol and then u hear my son say we don’t need to lol i luv that I mean yea I listen to other music I jus never get tired listening to their songs as well I get goosebumps everytime and to me wen that happens its BCUZ that person sings with heart
[/quote]

This is me and my husband!! I just rotate out LP CDs most of the time unless I’m in a rare mood for something different. I listen to a lot of different types of music but LP is by far my favorite.