New Remix "Grand Paradise" by Mike Shinoda!

@lplove wrote it in the other topic, but mabye it deserves an own topic? If not, then put in an other topic :blush:

So, new material from Mike for weekend start? Great way to start it right? :crazy_face::sunglasses:

https://www.amazon.de/Grand-Paradise-Shinoda-Mix-Foxing-Shinoda/dp/B0815TVBDK/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_de_DE=ƅMĆ…Å½Ć•Ć‘&keywords=Mike+Shinoda+grand+paradise&qid=1574410342&sr=8-1

and the song on Youtube:

what do you think about the new remix?:wink:

Iā€™ll forever have problems with remixes so I say ā€œitā€™s okayā€ for first listening.

6 Likes

I on the other hand love remixes, so
https://gph.is/2ef2wia

2 Likes

Yea, I wasnā€™t sure where to put it. If I should put it in Mikeā€™s topic and start a new thread, so I just put it where I did bc he was posting like crazy last night, well shortly after midnight for me. I just wanted to get it out there asap. Thx for moving it! :purple_heart:

Itā€™s def an interesting remix, probably bc the original is already unique. :woman_shrugging:t2: But the more I listen, I like it more & more. :notes::notes:

3 Likes

you know I donā€™t know why I thought this said gangster paradiseā€¦ aww that would be awesome :pensive:

1 Like

Gangsterā€™s Paradise by Coolio?

Heard this yesterday, canā€™t compare it to the original as Iā€™ve never heard it and canā€™t be bothered to find it. Itā€™s 50/50, but itā€™s better than everything after OML combined. Though thatā€™s not saying much. :joy:

Canā€™t be bothered to find the original? You just donā€™t like anything Mike does anymore, do ya? :yum:

1 Like

He give up after post Traumatic lol

1 Like

Can you blame me? Itā€™s all the same, boring, generic-sounding nonsense.

Well, what kinds of sound(s) do you want to hear from him? Whatā€™s your favorite?

Heā€™s always loved all kinds of sounds, we all know that.

Something closer to old school or underground rap, like FM.

2 Likes

But heā€™s grown up since old school and FM. Thatā€™s just what happens. Their music tastes & life change, thatā€™s why all their albums changed. Did you like ā€˜Welcomeā€™ at all?

3 Likes

Itā€™s not the taste of his that changed though,
Itā€™s justā€¦feels like the effort or creativity isnā€™t there
It really does sound generic
Doesnā€™t have his signature on it for me either
And I did like some of pt even if itā€™s different

I donā€™t ā€œneedā€ the rock nor the ā€œoldā€ vibes
Just isnā€™t special right now
Feels like jingles

2 Likes

This song feels like jingles? What sort of Christmas/adverts do you guys have over there? :confused:

I think Mikeā€™s music is original, it doesnā€™t sound like anything Iā€™ve heard lately, but I donā€™t keep up with new crap (yes, I said crap againā€¦). It definitely has a more chilled vibe, but is still dark in tone. Mikeā€™s voice for me is very authentic, unlike a lot of singers in the industry. And itā€™s not just his ability to sing/rap that gets me, itā€™s his ability to write and produce music so vividly and openly which isnā€™t generic. Thatā€™s the LP self-created genre. I tend to like LP remixes because to me itā€™s them having fun with their favourite music.

Keep it alive Mike :metal: I love the chilled out sound!

2 Likes

No, I listened to it maybe 3 times and never touched it again (which reminds me, I need to go delete it from my phone and laptop lol), itā€™s like he was trying to impersonate that idiot Drake. There is no musical act I despise more than Drake.

You still holding onto crap? :joy:

Apparently pretty good jingles for you :stuck_out_tongue:

Just listened to the remix , Itā€™s okay, but it could have been a lot better

1 Like

Maybe the sound has changed bc his long time collaborator isnā€™tā€¦ available. PT was different for obvious reasons, he had Brad & Jay-Z to bounce ideas off if needed.

I agree with @zanybelle, they donā€™t sound like jingles at all. And I thought the same thing, never heard anything like it recently. Mike is a multi-talented person and there arenā€™t many of those out there right now.

@the_termin8r didnā€™t like Welcome either, okay. Drake, I donā€™t like him but donā€™t think Mike was trying to impersonate his music either. We all know, at least I think, that if Mike canā€™t find something he likes to listen toā€¦ heā€™ll just make it himselfā€¦ thus The Hunting Party.

@framos1792 why do you have a cake next to your name? Lol

1 Like

The sound changed because heā€™s taking his shot at getting back into mainstream :upside_down_face:

Personally thatā€™s my gripe, if you break back into airwaves, have it be by your skill not because you fit into the mold of the sounds out there currently

You can hear this or fine somewhere and it wouldnā€™t strike you as what weā€™re used to
Itā€™s fine for what it is

Personal opinion at the end of the day, if yā€™all see it differently then kudos

@lplove cake slice means itā€™s your anniversary since joining, a full cake means itā€™s your birthday, in my case, Iā€™ve been here three years :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

No my thing, I donā€™t like it. Just for being Mike who weā€™re talking I could try to give a chance in the future. The voice (I guess itā€™s a vocoder) doesnā€™t like me. About the sounds, well some of them are a bit hypnotic, but nothing special, even ā€œFineā€ or ā€œWhat You Worthā€ are more enjoyable than this song imo.

2 Likes