New Album every 18 months: Thoughts?

[quote=ToddTheAwesome][quote=Skyolker]Hopefully, we’ll see new record somewhere around next Spring/beginning of Summer.
Less they work on album, better in gets. [mrgreen] (HT and Meteora)
[/quote]

I’m not here to argue(far from it), but I hate it when people say that Hybrid Theory and Meteora were the best. All albums are so unique and different that they shouldn’t be compared. And when people say “go back to Hybrid Theory”, it also ticks me off. Don’t get me wrong, I loved those albums. But people really need to knock off that stuff. Linkin Park is one of the only bands in the WORLD, that have the balls to change it up. So if people say they’re LP fans, but only liked Hybrid Theory and “ever since it’s gotten worse”, they’re not real fans.

I apologize for the little rant and if I offended someone. But this is how I feel.

LP FORVER[/quote]

Bless this post! I’m sick of people (specially on twitter) “demanding” a new HT sounding record. They don’t get it…LP wanted to change cause simply everyone was trying to replicate them and make HT sounding like albums. I bet they would make another record like it within 5 months…simply, if someone doesn’t like the new sound it’s better to stick to the old ones and stop bitching about MTM and ATS cause those 2, especially ATS, are, in my opinion, amazingly incredible records. And yes, they’re still Linkin Park so if people can’t grow on these albums it’s better to step back I believe.

[quote=EvoOba][quote=ToddTheAwesome][quote=Skyolker]Hopefully, we’ll see new record somewhere around next Spring/beginning of Summer.

[quote=StanleyElite][quote=EvoOba][quote=ToddTheAwesome][quote=Skyolker]Hopefully, we’ll see new record somewhere around next Spring/beginning of Summer.
[/quote]

Look at bands like Five Finger Death Punch, Breaking Benjamin for example. Both are great bands. But, all thier albums/songs sound alike. My brother, who was a huge 5FDP fan, stopped liking them as much because “all thier stuff sounds the same”. With LP, you can immediately tell what album a song is from, because they’re so unique and different from one another.

[quote=EvoOba][quote=ToddTheAwesome][quote=Skyolker]Hopefully, we’ll see new record somewhere around next Spring/beginning of Summer.

[quote=ToddTheAwesome][quote=StanleyElite][quote=EvoOba][quote=ToddTheAwesome][quote=Skyolker]Hopefully, we’ll see new record somewhere around next Spring/beginning of Summer.
[/quote]

Look at bands like Five Finger Death Punch, Breaking Benjamin for example. Both are great bands. But, all thier albums/songs sound alike. My brother, who was a huge 5FDP fan, stopped liking them as much because “all thier stuff sounds the same”. With LP, you can immediately tell what album a song is from, because they’re so unique and different from one another.[/quote]

It gets boring from a point…same happened to me with 30STM, which I though was an awesome and ideal band but now I look back and say “wow, I can’t believe I loved them so much” lol. I totally get what you’re saying :wink:

[quote=EvoOba][quote=ToddTheAwesome][quote=StanleyElite][quote=EvoOba][quote=ToddTheAwesome][quote=Skyolker]Hopefully, we’ll see new record somewhere around next Spring/beginning of Summer.

[quote=StanleyElite][quote=EvoOba][quote=ToddTheAwesome][quote=StanleyElite][quote=EvoOba][quote=ToddTheAwesome][quote=Skyolker]Hopefully, we’ll see new record somewhere around next Spring/beginning of Summer.
[/quote]

They do, I just got bored of them. They’re too mainstream in my eyes now

Hopefully, Linkin Park won’t release a(nother close to) mainstream album …

[/quote]

There’s so many definitions of the word “Mainstream”. What does it really mean anymore?

Linkin Park is the best thing ever but I don’t believe that every 18 months a new album would do any good

[/quote]

There’s so many definitions of the word “Mainstream”. What does it really mean anymore?[/quote]

Mainstream to me is keep putting albums out that have the same sound. I need to see changes in a band. :slight_smile: Cause I’ve noticed in myself that I can get bored of a band really easily :stuck_out_tongue: 30STM and Metallica are an example LOL
Plus, the most artists nowadays do that in order not to loose fans or fame. That’s not right. I think they should go ahead and make whatever they want and they like and not stick to something just cause they know it’ll sell.

[quote=StanleyElite][quote=EvoOba]Mainstream to me is keep putting albums out that have the same sound. I need to see changes in a band. :slight_smile: Cause I’ve noticed in myself that I can get bored of a band really easily :stuck_out_tongue: 30STM and Metallica are an example LOL
Plus, the most artists nowadays do that in order not to loose fans or fame. That’s not right. I think they should go ahead and make whatever they want and they like and not stick to something just cause they know it’ll sell.[/quote]

In my opinion (which I hope will happen) LP should just release the music they feel like making and performing live…
I see no point in bending their genre just to fit what people want
“mainstream” is a different type of music from everybodys point of view anyway
[/quote]

I think mainstream isn’t that every of your albums sounds equal. I think it’s supposed to mean that there’s a special way (or here: stream), most of the music in an era sounds like. Today I’d say, the mainstream is autotune and pop stuff with some fake heartache.

Linkin Park isn’t mainstream, but with their more ballads on each of the last two albums they went more listenable for everyone and not the kind of fans they had before. There’s nothing bad about it, but I guess that’s where the expression ‘Linkin Park turned mainstream’ comes from.

MTM is the only album, that sounded mainstream, the rest of their records were pretty unique for the time they were released.
I’m not against mainstream, but I get bored, when one unique band starts to sound like bunch of other bands.

And for the record, I like ALL LP stuff live.

[quote=Jats][quote=StanleyElite][quote=EvoOba]Mainstream to me is keep putting albums out that have the same sound. I need to see changes in a band. :slight_smile: Cause I’ve noticed in myself that I can get bored of a band really easily :stuck_out_tongue: 30STM and Metallica are an example LOL
Plus, the most artists nowadays do that in order not to loose fans or fame. That’s not right. I think they should go ahead and make whatever they want and they like and not stick to something just cause they know it’ll sell.[/quote]

In my opinion (which I hope will happen) LP should just release the music they feel like making and performing live…
[/quote]

I think mainstream isn’t that every of your albums sounds equal. I think it’s supposed to mean that there’s a special way (or here: stream), most of the music in an era sounds like. Today I’d say, the mainstream is autotune and pop stuff with some fake heartache.

Linkin Park isn’t mainstream, but with their more ballads on each of the last two albums they went more listenable for everyone and not the kind of fans they had before. There’s nothing bad about it, but I guess that’s where the expression ‘Linkin Park turned mainstream’ comes from.

[quote=Jats][quote=StanleyElite][quote=EvoOba]Mainstream to me is keep putting albums out that have the same sound. I need to see changes in a band. :slight_smile: Cause I’ve noticed in myself that I can get bored of a band really easily :stuck_out_tongue: 30STM and Metallica are an example LOL

[/quote]

I think mainstream isn’t that every of your albums sounds equal. I think it’s supposed to mean that there’s a special way (or here: stream), most of the music in an era sounds like. Today I’d say, the mainstream is autotune and pop stuff with some fake heartache.[/quote][/signature][/quote]

LOL. True that.

[quote=ToddTheAwesome][quote=Jats][quote=StanleyElite][quote=EvoOba]Mainstream to me is keep putting albums out that have the same sound. I need to see changes in a band. :slight_smile: Cause I’ve noticed in myself that I can get bored of a band really easily :stuck_out_tongue: 30STM and Metallica are an example LOL

[/quote]

I think mainstream isn’t that every of your albums sounds equal. I think it’s supposed to mean that there’s a special way (or here: stream), most of the music in an era sounds like. Today I’d say, the mainstream is autotune and pop stuff with some fake heartache.[/quote][/signature][/quote]

LOL. True that.[/quote]

Mostly true but I must agree on you with that statement.