New Album every 18 months: Thoughts?

Hi all for those who don’t know the recent statements of the band about albums I will quickly explain:

LP is working on a new album right now: quote: “…are not only hard at work on a new record, but that he’d (Chester) be “shocked” if it was not released in 2012”

Also a lot of good sounding music has already been put together: quote:
“I can tell you that we have a lot of good music, a lot of quality songs” (Chester)

OK…sounds awesome right? :smiley:

The thing that is kinda new to me (I’m not saying bad) is this statement:
“Bennington also mentioned that he hopes the band would be able to release an album every 18 months (exciting news for an act that has released three studio albums over the course of ten years)”

Reasons given are that LP can work on tracks during tour etc…

Now as the statement suggests this is weird for LP who are known for quality instead of quantity! So I ask YOUR OPINION to this topic: Good or bad LP will aim at 18 months for an album??!

You can read the whole article here:

Thanks

Yeah right…we all know that when they say 2012 they mean 2013 :wink: And it better come out in 2013 if you ask me. The longer it takes to make, the better it is.

every 18 months…

Way too quick

Haha well I’m all open to surprises :DD
Yeah although if they have one done there is no point in waiting to release it just for the sake of waiting! U know what I mean? :wink:

What i read is that they wanna putt more albums and due less touring. I get that they wanna be with their families more often and they also want a lil rest more often comon ppl, there getting older dont wanna be on the road too often i understand. But i still want them to tour and not try to limit that to certain countrtys ya i agree 18 months is short, but it also means a lil more touring i dont want the album to come out in 2013 because i just became a member. Idk if i still will be in 2 yrs but im going to try to be but anways i luv linkinpark so when ever they putt an album it could be 18 months, 1 yr or 2yrs it dont matter i will still injoy their music we all like their music so if they try to come up with an album early, im going to trust they still did a good job cause thats who they are they can diliver weather or not the album is putt out late or early…

I guess, Chester became misunderstood. Why should they set a timeline for all future records? Maybe he said, it will take 18 month from ATS to release a new record and the new album comes in spring 2012.

I don’t know…I’ve heard both Chester and Mike state that they want to make albums faster and all by writing while on tour as well but I’m not sure I want that to happen. A quickly made album may not be as good. I’m not saying I don’t trust LP on making a record, they’ve proven over the years what they can do but I still believe it takes some time to make a nice album (aka ATS, which I believe is the best after HT). I simply don’t want them to hurry just cause some fans “demand” albums to come out faster.

That would be good but crazy for them. How would they do that. As fans we have to keep them and their families in mind as well. Cause with every album they’d need to tour. So in a perfect world it’d be great. But I don’t think it’s possible.

It’s not the biggest news, but I still haven’t figured out if this is good or bad news.
On one hand I like the fact that we won’t have to wait for about four years, but on the other hand, I really hope they gonna take all the time they really need. I say this just because it sounds a little bit too much focused on the time. I mean…I’d rather wait three years and get an awesome album than wait two and get idealess and equal sounding songs.

No he wasnt’t he actually said that the time between every album will be 18 months (Or what they are aiming at)

Very well put with the emphasis on “some” fans! I think a LOT of LP fans would be happy with waiting 2-3 years for an LP album as long as that is amazing and the tour after is EPIC :smiley:

Very well put with the emphasis on “some” fans! I think a LOT of LP fans would be happy with waiting 2-3 years for an LP album as long as that is amazing and the tour after is EPIC :smiley:
[/quote]

Exactly! And just like Jats and Min2Midnite said, there are a lot of issues coming along with a new album. Family is major, I agree :slight_smile:

Ha lol, indeed [mrgreen] Also like Phx said in the Werchter interview (“next stop is the moon”)… But it doesn’t matter, as long as they keep writing what they feel like. Unless it’s an album of 15 LPU8 tracks! But I honestly don’t think they would do that.[biggrin]

Ha lol, indeed [mrgreen] Also like Phx said in the Werchter interview (“next stop is the moon”)… But it doesn’t matter, as long as they keep writing what they feel like. Unless it’s an album of 15 LPU8 tracks! But I honestly don’t think they would do that.[biggrin]

[/quote]

yeah of course. OMLP, Another Mmmm…cookies cd would rock!. I ain’t gonna do no laundry xD

totally true :smiley: never trust LP when it comes to album years :wink:

In addition to what I wrote, this 18 months limit sounds a little bit tough if you think about touring and stuff like that. I mean, it’s a pretty short timeline so they’ll have to hurry and I don’t wanna miss tours like the fans did in 2005 and 2006.

It wasn’t more than 30 years ago that if you didn’t have an album out every year, you were working WAY too slow. It wasn’t uncommon at all for bands in the 1970s to put out 2 or even 3 albums in an 18-month span. What it comes down to is nothing more than talent: If you’ve got the talent to make good music, you’re going to make the best music you possibly can within whatever time frame you have to work with.

Also, take the following into consideration:
-Meteora took as long as it did because LP toured in support of Hybrid Theory well into 2002 and did Reanimation immediately afterward. The actual studio time it took to create Meteora was only about 5 months.
-Minutes to Midnight took as long as it did because LP took nearly a year off after touring for Meteora (during which time Mike worked on Fort Minor music), and then LP and Warner got into a much-publicized disagreement over their contract status, during which time no work on new music took place. Had the issues with WB never happened, Minutes to Midnight probably would have been out in late 2006.
-A Thousand Suns took as long as it did because LP put the brakes on the early stages of their writing process to focus solely on working on New Divide and the film score for Transformers 2, and subsequently spent the entire summer of 2009 touring on the heels of the success of New Divide’s single release.

It would be difficult for the guys. But if they feel motivated enough to do it on the road like they were doing while they toured for ATS, then I say go for it. But if it comes to a point that the guys feel rushed, then I say take as much time as you need to make it the best it can possibly get.