New Album every 18 months: Thoughts?

THIS!

I can wait any amount of time for a new album. Regardless of what Evo said, its still more than likely to come out next year even if its not early in the year. As long as they put plenty of time, effort, hard work, determination and love into an album like they always have, thats more than ehough for me :). Every 18 months may seem way too quick to some people but thats only because were all used to having to wait long periods of time between albums and espcially in the case of the time between Meteora and MTM. The guys are known for quality but their is abosolutely nothing wrong with trying to get more music to fans at a quicker pace in my opinion.

It’s definitely better, yeah I’m not saying otherwise but that adds to more touring and stuff which is awesome for us and bad for them :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s definitely better, yeah I’m not saying otherwise but that adds to more touring and stuff which is awesome for us and bad for them :P[/quote]

YES touring is so epic I love LPs concerts :smiley:

It’s definitely better, yeah I’m not saying otherwise but that adds to more touring and stuff which is awesome for us and bad for them :P[/quote]

It’s a bit bittersweet really :stuck_out_tongue: But look at other popular artists nowadays. They’re coming out with at least 1-2 new albums a year.18 months is starting to become the norm in music really. But then again, look at the quality of the the crap they release. I guess that’s what separates the guys from the rest of the pack.

It’s a bit bittersweet really :stuck_out_tongue: But look at other popular artists nowadays. They’re coming out with at least 1-2 new albums a year.18 months is starting to become the norm in music really. But then again, look at the quality of the the crap they release. I guess that’s what separates the guys from the rest of the pack.[/quote]

I like this comment. Really speaks the truth.

Linkin Park is overcoming this increasingly …
I think it would be great to have an album 18 to 18 months, most also think it would be very busy for the members, is much in too little time, because every album released a new tour … Although they will also decrease the time shift …
Most like to see how it goes … good because they already have materials ready …

I think it would be do-able since LP has alot of ideas flowing through the, thats where all these demos come from. I mean some stuff that doesn’t make the cut for an album sound wonderful (ie: Across the Line, Pretend to Be, Blue, etc) So I’m all for an album every 18 months.

If they have enough stuff to put out a LP every 18 month, why not? Would be great. I’am very shure, this is just an intention. And if it takes longer, they will take the time they need. No worries!

It’s a bit bittersweet really :stuck_out_tongue: But look at other popular artists nowadays. They’re coming out with at least 1-2 new albums a year.18 months is starting to become the norm in music really. But then again, look at the quality of the the crap they release. I guess that’s what separates the guys from the rest of the pack.[/quote]

I like this comment. Really speaks the truth.[/quote]

Indeed. Great one :slight_smile:

THIS![/quote]

my opinion too :smiley:

THIS![/quote]

[/quote]

As I already mentioned … that would be the best solution.
But that reminds me of (I believe) Mike saying something like ‘We could create an album like Hybrid Theory or Meteora in about two or three months’ [biggrin]

THIS![/quote]

[/quote]

As I already mentioned … that would be the best solution.
But that reminds me of (I believe) Mike saying something like ‘We could create an album like Hybrid Theory or Meteora in about two or three months’ [biggrin]

I think the albums won’t become worse just because it tooks less time. I think every album had been released earlier but they had to choose the songst that should be in the album. And I remember that it was also at any time said that they had a huge choice of songs that they wanted to put on ATS or MTM. I think about 70 songs…

That is actually a very interesting aspect…so u think they may not make as many this time?

[quote=StanleyElite]u have to see his point though LP can create good HT songs really fast cause they r awesome songwriters
but to come up with something new and still epic that’s the skill :smiley:
[/quote]

I agree that they are awesome, but they had to work hard for their last albums and it took them very long so I guess they now gonna need much time too.

[quote=Jats][quote=StanleyElite]u have to see his point though LP can create good HT songs really fast cause they r awesome songwriters
but to come up with something new and still epic that’s the skill :smiley:
[/quote]

So true …
I agree that they are awesome, but they had to work hard for their last albums and it took them very long so I guess they now gonna need much time too.
[/quote]

Hopefully, we’ll see new record somewhere around next Spring/beginning of Summer.
Less they work on album, better in gets. [mrgreen] (HT and Meteora)

[quote=Skyolker]Hopefully, we’ll see new record somewhere around next Spring/beginning of Summer.

[quote=Skyolker]Hopefully, we’ll see new record somewhere around next Spring/beginning of Summer.
[/quote]

I’m not here to argue(far from it), but I hate it when people say that Hybrid Theory and Meteora were the best. All albums are so unique and different that they shouldn’t be compared. And when people say “go back to Hybrid Theory”, it also ticks me off. Don’t get me wrong, I loved those albums. But people really need to knock off that stuff. Linkin Park is one of the only bands in the WORLD, that have the balls to change it up. So if people say they’re LP fans, but only liked Hybrid Theory and “ever since it’s gotten worse”, they’re not real fans.

I apologize for the little rant and if I offended someone. But this is how I feel.

LP FORVER