Need to get this out

Oh maybe you can help me. How can I change my profile picture? I only have a D now. I want to put a picture there. How do I do that? :confused: :wink:

Sorry I can’t. The forum changed platform in may and the function to change name or picture is broken ever since.
We all stuck with what we have for eternity. :crazy_face:

For me it’s the first today were I’m really out of choures. And I decided to ignore all the cleaning that I of course could do. So just doing nothing! :blush:

And you? :hugs:

1 Like

Oh dear, hahaha :laughing:

Babysitter, that’s what I’m doing now. Proud uncle :sunglasses: :muscle: :clown_face:

1 Like

Great!!! :muscle::heart:

Proud aunt here!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Congratulations :heart:
It’s so lovely to be a uncle. Love the babysit. Practice for later :smile:

1 Like

:joy::joy:

Mine are nearly growen.

So I’m happy that one of my siblings finally joined. :blush:

1 Like

Oh wauw, congratulations again. Parent already. :heart_eyes: :love_you_gesture:

That’s nice yeah, to have the cousins play together, very lovely sight :blush:

2 Likes

Hey @drounzer saw you :smiley:

Have a good Sunday! :hugs:

Take care!:muscle:

:heart:

1 Like

Hey, good morning :sleepy: :smile:
Thank you! You to :heart:

1 Like

Yeah, I absolutely agree with you. I usually thinking him

1 Like

I have to admit, I never engaged with Chester’s death when I first heard about it. Sure, my sister and I were both shocked and saddened when we heard, but I never wanted to engage with it, perhaps even accept it. Last night, I watched the remembrance concert and it was incredibly moving and sad. Of course, I loved the solidarity and the LP family, support acts and band were all amazing, beyond amazing. It has to be one of the best concerts in history. Not only for the great cause but the amazing talent. Mike was beautiful. I found a new found appreciation for that guy. Has to be the coolest person walking this planet right now. Anyway, the entire group/family/friends/fans showed unbelievable strength. And I figure if they can get through that concert they can get through anything. It must have been one of the most heartbreaking and painful nights of their life. I am in awe and amazement of what they did to honour Chester. I certainly couldn’t have done it. But you know what, if you can talk about your pain and share it with others it shows that you are okay. Those who bottle everything up, deny the ache inside become numb and their wounds never heal. Talk. Listen. Take strength from those who share this pain and know how the dull ache sits inside you like an anchor. Fill the emptiness by connecting to others and allow them to connect with you. After all, we want to connect with each other. Music is the way LP connect with others. I hope they continue to do so for years, and in it continue the memory of their friend.

2 Likes

@zanybelle couldn’t say it better :wink:
Music is special for me. And now that Chester is not here anymore, every LP song is special to me. Because that is the only thing of hearing his voice. (of course there are interviews, but with the music it makes is better and more beautiful)

Yes, talk with people about your problems will help, agree. But be careful, some people take your weakness against you, I’ve been there. Some people love to push people down and when you have a label on your head they wil use it against you. So I’m being careful of sharing my depression with people. Only very close people know it. :wink:

Welcome to this community! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: always feel free to share things, :blush:

1 Like

@drounzer thanks so much for the welcome. The music is exceptionally brilliant and all LP songs somehow hold more meaning now. Everything I listen to feels more special and precious. That’s surely down to Chester’s unique talent and the band as a whole who created something that would resonate throughout time. The first thing that drew me to LP was their lyrics. So unapologetic and raw. There are very few bands who achieve such meaning and heart in their words alone. You could read them and it would be akin to legendary poets/writers which live on even today.

Trust is something that takes time. Heck, the first message I got from this site is “you’re not yet trustworthy so we’ll be watching you!” Haha. Just remember, it’s important to connect with people and find a way to belong in this world. That’s the hardest thing to do. The absolute hardest. Believe me. Glad you are doing so and I hope you find all you need and more.

I’m looking forward to using the site and getting to know other fans :smile: woo!

1 Like

Hey!
Glad to hear that you’re feeling better & that you reached out. Really GREAT that your family is supportive of you & helped!!! I’m truly happy for you & I’ve been thinking of you. I wasn’t online much lately due to projects & tech problems. I’m definitely NOT tech savvy :upside_down_face::cry:
Something that I just thought of is that maybe there is a Grief Support Group in your area. A friend years ago told me she took a free Class on How To Deal With Grief. It lasted several weeks & she found it to be very beneficial to her. Not sure if it would help you, but maybe it will give you or someone else an idea of something that will work. Hoping anyway…
Take care it’s good to let people know what’s going in your head/heart. I’m SO GLAD that your family actually listens to you & care. Mine is anything but. I get accused of trying to “lay a guilt trip on them”. No one has ever taken responsibilty for anything that they happened to me that they either caused/could have prevented. It’s REALLY frustrating + I am ALWAYS told that I DESERVE every bad thing that happens to me. I made the choices & I’m a terrible person. It gets really hard sometimes. I’m not supposed to tell anyone whether it be in person or in our group here. I truly believe that they don’t want me to get better.
I just hope that I can help other people through our group. This is the only communication that I have with people. Sometimes my husband catches me talking to myself. I don’t answer myself, just imagine that someone I know is in the room with me & we’re having a conversation. When I was a kid I would talk to my teddy bear that my Mom made for me. I would pretend that she was my sister. My grandmother went to a teacher conference complaining about me doing that. She felt it was a really BAD thing for me to do. My teacher said that it was great because it showed that I have a great imagination. She didn’t like that. I spent most of my free time as a kid alone too.
Sorry for going off on a tangent!!! The point is: I’m REALLY happy that you have people to talk to & are supportive of you. Sometimes when I’m really down, I look for a really funny movie/book. Laughing can sometimes help me, IF I Remember that it helps…LOL
Take care, Stay Strong :muscle:& remember that the LP Community ALWAYS HAS YOUR BACK:100:!!!
later…redrebel

1 Like

Hey @anna834. I just wanna say to you, thank you for helping me. For listen/reading my thoughts and problems. :heart: :heart: For helping other people here on the community! It’s lovely to read that you take very good care about all of us! :heart: you have a great and lovely heart. Take good care of yourself also! And we are here for you to :heart: :blush:

Much love :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Oh! Wow! :flushed:
:pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:
Thank you!:blush:

Donno really what more to say! :grimacing:

Hope you have a good nights sleep, no frostbites :upside_down_face:

:hugs::heart::hugs::heart:

2 Likes

Hahaha. It’s okay, i just wanna to tell you how much i appreciate you :blush:
Yeah i sleep better this night, it was definitely good to put the duvet in the cover. :hugs: :+1:
How are you doing?

1 Like

Actually pretty good.
One more day of work and I finally heading home!
Building fences right now.

Have a great Sunday! :hugs:
And good luck on your job hunt! :muscle:

1 Like

Well said @drounzer @anna834 is the type of person you would be lucky to have in your life! She always made me feel welcome on this forum and I’m sure without her this place would be a less loving community :heavy_heart_exclamation: I liked to think most LP fans would be as awesome and I haven’t been disappointed so far :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Come on!
Please stop that now.
I don’t feel comfortable to be singled out like that.:grimacing:

All I do, it to try to be as honest and exactly like me as possible.
I am still more on the receiving line here.
And I not even try to pay something back.
Aaa, maybe a little bit, I don’t like to get something and not returning.
But most of all I want contact with people on eye level. Take the person opposite of me the way he or she is.:blush:

Thank you of course anyway.:kissing_heart::hugs:

3 Likes