My/her/his/your phone

0 Screenshot_20190528-113254_One%20UI%20Home

Have to be a nerd :joy: it’s just who I am lol

Ignore the fact that I’m currently listening to Breaking Benjamin :joy:

8 Likes

My contract is close to expiring, I’m currently running an S7 that’s perfectly fine apart from the glitchy notifications and a couple of minor scuffs that can only be seen on close inspection. But I figured I might be due for an upgrade, went looking around for phones and found that for some reason the Samsungs had the most reasonable deals again (I’m fine with anything non apple).

As I found out, the S8 and S9 are not that big of an upgrade over my S7 and are thus not worth it, so I hesitantly went to the S10 and S10+ (I think they’re pretty stupid phones), and my god, the prices were as stupid as the phones. For the money they were asking it would be cheaper to buy the phone and a SIM separately. Even then, I could buy myself a new XPS for the money, and that’s exactly what I’m going to do. I’m just changing my SIM and keeping my S7 which I’m perfectly happy with and saving the money to go to a new XPS at the end of my masters in a year.

St. Louis flag. Fluer De LisIMG_20190615_100518_129

1 Like

Found the model that I’m gonna switch to.
Since there’s no more S7 around, I picked Sams A40 - even though it is not that good in terms of camera (which is the paramount module for me) if compared to S7 or not that up-to-date as A50 (which has 10nm cpu and 4k mAh battery) it is the most decent one in the price and the closest to my size preferences.

1 Like

Can’t you find an S7 on amazon? Over here they go for prett good prices.

Not 100% sure if I’m ready to risk and get one without localization. Also, Samsung is likely to release an update any time soon that will turn all S7’s into old non-usable bricks (meaning discharged in a half-day. As they did back then with Note 4).
Not suitable for me, even though SGS7 is my all-time favorite sams.

1 Like

My S7 is still going strong, I get 1.5-2 days per charge in performance mode. The S7 was the last galaxy with a home button and bezels. The only complaint I have is that the notifications have been driving me up the wall since I got it.

Checked Amazon.
New phones - 1
Shipping in Ukraine - 0
Certainty that it will work here properly - 50%

Too many cons. Will go for a newer model.

1 Like

image image

I’m not changing my bgs really often … the one on the lock screen is a pic my girlfriend took in October. And it’s been on my lock screen since then

7 Likes

Screenshot_20190620-094148

2 Likes

I had some JS issues within the old computer (can be read in the Geek thread) - so i’ve set up Chrome for using forums, vk.com and any website which wouldn’t load within the stock browser. Safari is grey, Chrome is white and it hurts my eyes a little so i’ve set up a dark blue theme with nice railways

1 Like

New lock screen Screenshot_20190805-160840

4 Likes

Same here. I’ve got a common laptop which my mum also uses. She likes white background and i don’t…so i had to come up with little orangish background so that it works for both of us.

2 Likes

Why not just use Dark Reader?

I guess I might leave this here…

1 Like

68527076_364153550927950_4171519181314850816_n my new lockscreen background!

4 Likes

I finally changed it from the last time…well I tried other backgrounds but was meh

4 Likes

My phone is finally starting to get very mild burn-in on the screen. Thought I was seeing things when I loaded the forums and it gave me a white page with a very very faint keyboard on it, but no. I’ll try get a photo tomorrow.

Like the scratches on the screen though, you only notice it if you spend the time to really look for it.

:eyes:

?