Most Dissappointed LP fan on Earth

it’s not LP fault at all. LP didn’t hire the promotors who set up the Honda Civic tour

Okay, firstly- if you print your tickets, even your confirmation, they let you in. Each stub has a specific code, so when scanned, they will know you’re not trying to get people in with physical AND printed tickets.

Secondly, it is not Linkin Park’s fault. They do not sit in an office handling ticket orders, nor do they send out the envelopes. They have a team that work hard to handle an entire fan base. The Honda Civic Tour is one of the largest- condemning them for one mistake they weren’t even responsible for? Step back and think about it.

I feel so bad for you Marlena! Also really disappointed in this whole GroundCtrl pre-order experience. I’m (still hoping to be!) going to my first LP show Sept 8th in LA @Home Depot Ctr. That makes me extra excited! I got great seats; early one morning the first week in May, but still no tickets the last week of August. I’m really losing hope now. I’m in VA & need to be leaving for CA soon, if I can still make it there after the tix arrive. If they ever do!
I have been unbelievably stressed-out and worried this whole past month! I’m getting so depressed now that I’m wishing I at least had a ticket IN HAND for the lawn instead of front row seats I paid for - that I may never get to sit in.

I completely agree with Marlena and understand EVERYTHING that she is saying. And I honestly do think this reflects poorly on the band. I understand Joe Hahn isn’t taking tickets to the Post Office, and Chester isn’t reading off invoices and stuff like that. It does reflect poorly on how awful this experience has been. Let me explain what I’m going through…

I bought these tickets like everyone else on the first day of the presale in April. I did not realize that the tickets wouldn’t ship until two weeks before the event. What is the point of that by the way?!?!?! They had no problem charging our credit cards immediately.

I have since moved to Seattle from Phoenix. Luckily I can still have the tickets sent to me, but the Tacoma, WA show is a week from tomorrow and still haven’t arrived in Phoenix. Stories like Marlena’s make me even more worried. Anyways, I bought 4 tickets because I wasn’t sure how many I would need. I need to get rid of some now, and don’t have them yet. Plus I’m going to have to pay to overnight them… IF they ever show up. Also, not helping matters is that Monday is a travel day, so I lose another shipping day.

I also wanted to see LP in Vancouver the night before the Tacoma show, but wasn’t able to renew my Passport in time… That one is on me. But it didn’t help that the ticket still hasn’t arrived and it’s going to be super expensive to overnight it into Canada.

The point is this… There is no benefit for whoever is running this to wait so long to mail out the tickets. I can’t be the only person who have moved in the last 4 months. Was the point to cut down on scalping them?? Do what Louis CK did and if tickets are being sold above face value invalidate them. The way this was handled has been a freaking disaster and EVERYONE involved looks foolish.

Marlena I am so sorry for you, and if I were in your shoes (and I might be shortly), I would be beyond upset. Getting a refund would not even be at the top of my list. Seeing LP, as I have about 8 times is quite an experience, and only comes around once a year or so. To have that taken away because of idiotic business planning is really sad. Honestly, if you want a face value ticket to the show in Vancouver let me know! I know a guy! I think the concert is next Wed., it might make it in time Priority Mail which is like $20 or so.

I’m going to the rogers Arena concert on september 4th, and supposedly the tickets began shipping 5 days ago. Supposedly if you show photo ID to the box office, they’d let you in. I only hope I don’t have to resort to that

I apologize for not seeing this thread sooner.
A couple of things to know to hopefully ease some concerns.

1. We (ground(ctrl)) ship tickets as soon as we receive them from the promoter (generally 2-3 weeks before the event, but we’re at the mercy of the promoter to get them to us).

2. If you don’t receive your tickets in time, DO NOT WORRY. Contact us by phone 877-GND-CTRL (M-F 9-5 PDT) or at http://support.groundctrl.com. Your name will be put on a list of ticket purchasers, which means you’ll be able to pick up your tickets the day of the show at the venue’s box office.

I’m right there with you! The Los Angeles show is in one week and still no tickets! I also never received my refund for paying a higher price for floor level. I paid 145 a ticket and then moments later the same tickets went for 119 !! I just checked again and now floor tickets are $105 !! So while I pay $40 extra, the guy next to me will enjoy the concert for $40 bucks cheaper! ( Thats IF I ever get my tickets). Everyone hates ticketmaster because of their fees but at least they send the tickets on time! Also don’t get me started on the “laminate” we were suppose to get… what a scam.

Where does it give you a ETA on ticket arrival? I never saw this. The post above your explains how you can enter w/o getting your ticket. As far as your laminate, that all depends on when you ordered your LPU. Don’t expect to get it in under 3 weeks.

"Awww so sad :frowning: hope it work out for you!!

I asked them that question a few months ago because I too live in Canada. The support people said to email them if they hadnt arrived three days before the show and they would put my name on list so when I got to the venue I’d just have to show my receipt.

I bought tickets to the Calgary show this Saturday the minute they went on pre-sale on the LPU site. I have not received my tickets yet either, I also have a ticket to the meet and greet. I sent a message to ground control asking what to do if they don’t arrive on time. They e-mailed me back and told me that they notified the venue that I would be coming for a set of re-print tickets at the will call office. If you have tickets to an upcoming show, you may want to send an e-mail a couple days ahead of the concert date, hopefully you get set up with the tickets you bought! Marlena, one of the conditions of the meet and greet is that YOU attend, you need photo ID to get in, if your boyfriend makes the show, he still won’t get into the meet and greet. They also kindly request that if you can’t make the show, you let them know so that a true fan can have the opportunity to attend! You said you bought the cheap tickets with the intent to re-sell them…Karma??

[quote=NLopezdeArenosa]Okay, firstly- if you print your tickets, even your confirmation, they let you in. Each stub has a specific code, so when scanned, they will know you’re not trying to get people in with physical AND printed tickets.

Secondly, it is not Linkin Park’s fault. They do not sit in an office handling ticket orders, nor do they send out the envelopes. They have a team that work hard to handle an entire fan base. The Honda Civic Tour is one of the largest- condemning them for one mistake they weren’t even responsible for? Step back and think about it.

Well said!

[/quote]

you could came here in Brazil and watch the concert… besides, I would love to have your companay (take a flower of the bag and put in the mouth with a sensual pose)

[quote=Felipe Krust]you could came here in Brazil and watch the concert… besides, I would love to have your companay (take a flower of the bag and put in the mouth with a sensual pose)
[/quote]

I lol’d so hard

With all the issues people have been having with getting their tickets, I am sure happy that I opted for e-tickets instead of actual tickets.

I am so sorry that so many of you are having issues with this and LP definitely needs to speak out on this issue since so many are having the same problem.

You’re an idiot for blaming the band. They have nothing to do with this, Warner Bros is the the one who takes care of things like this.

i am very sorry to read about this. it reaaally sucks! hope you get a solution…

I don’t know why people are still arguing and still freaking out about it.
Groundctrl states it earlier : If you don’t receive your tickets on time, call them they will put you on the will call list and to don’t worry.
That happened to me. I called them. Everything went fine ! If you do as said, you shouldn’t have any reason to freak out.
You may have to take some time to call them to go through the customer service (due to the high volume of call) but once you’ll reach them, no worries, they’ll put you on will call list :wink:

I am now in the exact situation you were in. I’m driving 6 hours to Edmonton tomorrow morning, and we just checked the mail: no tickets. I sent ground ctrl an email and hopefully they get to it quick enough so I can pick up my tickets at will call. We’re feeling a bit uneasy about going on the road without our tickets though… I mentioned in my email that I got these tickets right at 10 on April 23, and that they should either get the tickets from the promoter right then, get the promoter to ship them to US, or not charge our credit cards until the tickets are shipped.