Meet and Greet with Linkin Park - or - the day that will change your fan life!

October 27. Cologne (My first LP-Concert ever)
and
July 21. Hamburg (LPU Summit)

:slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been to 2 M&G,

1st one at Stuttgart last year (2010 xD) it was an awesome day and i met lots of cool LPUers :smiley:
2nd one was at Hamburg at the LPU Summit (2011 ) this days were the most epic days in my life :smiley:
also met lots of cool LPUers ^^

I went to the concerts in Berlin in 2010 and Leipzig in 2011. Both times I won a Meet & Greet, that were the best experiences i ever had so far in my entire fan life :smiley:

Meet&Greets are amazing :smiley:
I met the band two times already. First time was at the Pinkpop festival in the Netherlands in 2007. That was shortly after the release of MTM so it was really exciting to know what they would bring on stage. The nerves really got to me that day :wink: but it was truly an amazing experience. Second meet&greet was at the Main Square Festival in Arras, France this year; it was really great to see them again.

I have met the Guys in Leipzig 2011 and at the Summit Hamburg 2011, just great !!!

2 M&Gs so far:

• O2 London (Jan 28 '08)
  • Werchter (Jun 30 '11)
    (2nd one was definately the best one, and the one I actually talked with the band members +prepared something to say to them, the 1st one was just taking crappy photos of each band member)

I had two M&Gā€™s -
first in Houston, TX (The Woodlands) 08/24/2008
second in Irvine, CA 06/04/2011

Best days of my life!

I was at the International Summit in Tokyo in Sep.
That was the most exciting moment in my life.
I want to attend another summit next year if it is possible!

the best thing happen in my life, is meet LP ā€¦i met em twice, all in jakarta indonesia,

the first one is in 2004, meteora world tour
and the 2nd is in september 2011, a thousand suns world tour

it was really nice, to chitchat with the guysā€¦

My first M&G was in Sonisphere festival 2008 in Finland. That truly was the best day of my life! I had my customized Mike Shinoda sneakers with me and I was hoping Mike would be in the M&G and could sign my precious shoes. (Yes, Iā€™m a sneaker freak). That year there was only two members of LP and fewer fans in the meeting, so I really waited to see which members of the band there will beā€¦

And all my dreams came true, when Mike (my true idol) and Phoenix entered the room! Mike was very interested about my sneakers and Mark Fiore took some video of them! (Later that video was shown in one LPUTV episode :)) The guys were so funny and we (8 girls) had interesting conversations with them! I was so lucky cause there were so few of us fans so everyone could talk a little longer.

I still miss that day! But I got a chance to go to another M&G this summer (2011) when LP came to Finland. That was also a great experince, but there were like 30 people in the M&G so we couldnā€™t talk much with the guysā€¦ But still it was the best day of the year!

Now Iā€™m just waiting for the next tour and the next M&G :wink:

Itā€™d been my dream to meet these guys for as long as I could remember, so you could imagine my excitement when I finally got to this last February when they came to Los Angeles. They signed my hybrid theory lyric book and when we took the big group picture Mike came and stood next to me. Definitely the best day of my life =)

My first meet and greet was in Dublin, Ireland in June 2008, I was like the second or third person in so it felt so quick but it was cool!! Didnt really say much to them, too shocked I think :stuck_out_tongue: Went to the LPU Summit in London in 2010 and that was the best day of my life!! :slight_smile: getting to chat to LP and hang out with them was so surreal, still in shock I think :stuck_out_tongue: hope they keep doing summits like that, such an experience! :smiley: met them again in June of this year in Mountain View, California at a meet and greet and it was so much better then my first, prob cos I actually talked to each of them this time :stuck_out_tongue: had a conversation with Phoenix about Ireland, he was telling me about all his favourite places and where heā€™s visited, kinda held up the line so had to move on!! was really cool :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve had two.
One in 2004. I donā€™t remember that one much because I almost passed out in the middle of it.

I got better, 7 years later in 2011. BFD! I kept my consciousness that time. I talked to Mike and he hella recognized me from the Interwebs, at which point he gave me the biggest compliment Iā€™ve ever received and thanks for being online so much.

As a horrible person, I was undeserving of such a compliment T_T

My first Meet & Greet was at the Summit in Hamburg it was soo great, I was so nervous, but I have a few words to get out :slight_smile: The best day of my life :slight_smile:

[quote=KATHYxx]Iā€™ve had two.
One in 2004. I donā€™t remember that one much because I almost passed out in the middle of it.

I got better, 7 years later in 2011. BFD! I kept my consciousness that time. I talked to Mike and he hella recognized me from the Interwebs, at which point he gave me the biggest compliment Iā€™ve ever received and thanks for being online so much.

You almost passed out? :DDD
What? whole story!!!

I only got 1 M&G chance so far, and it was in Jakarta, Indonesia last september, Itā€™s the most surreal moment in my whole entire existence . That day, my whole lifeā€™s just changedā€¦literally ā€¦

I Hope to get the ā€œhonorā€ to meet them again soonā€¦ fingers crossedā€¦ [smile]ā€¦[wink]

[quote=KATHYxx]Iā€™ve had two.

[/quote]

I was at the BFD meet and greet too :slight_smile: i enjoyed that one more then my first, actually talked to all of them this time :stuck_out_tongue: it was an unreal concert :slight_smile:

[quote=Geri]
I was at the BFD meet and greet too :slight_smile: i enjoyed that one more then my first, actually talked to all of them this time :stuck_out_tongue: it was an unreal concert :)[/quote]
Man, I wish we had a photo from that one! I would have loved to have a memory of it. It was a great M&G session.
Did anyone get any good BFD pictures?

Okay, so the day they visited Arco Arena in 2004 was on a Wednesday. I was a little squishy girl in high school back in the day, and I had to go to school that day. That means waking up before 6 AM to go to school at 7:45. I was so excited to see LP that I forgot to eat too. And then just before the M&G a friend of mine had the brilliant idea to make me hold all of his things while he goes to the bathroom, and then he doesnā€™t get it back because I had gone backstage by that point. So, basically I was all of these just before the M&G:
A. Very hungry.
B. Physically exhausted and sleep deprived
C. Way, way, WAY too excited
D. Teenaged
E. Shy
F. Holding far too many things.

That is the worst combo ever.
I turned the corner into the M&G and came face to face with Mike Shinoda. ā€œHey, how ya doin?ā€ he says in his voice. And itā€™s hearing THAT voice. You recognize it automatically but it is in the highest sound quality you will ever hear his voice in, ever. I was completely unable to answer him. I think I squeaked. It was a very soft squeak and I donā€™t think anyone else heard it.

Phoenix was sitting next to him. I had made a drawing of Phoenix to give to him because this was right after the MTV Live in Texas Special episode where Mike gets all the presents and Phoenix doesnā€™t. I was trying (err, fumbling) to give it to him when a giant muscley arm shoots out from behind me and smashes down on my drawing and tells me I canā€™t get more than one thing autographed. My brain turned off at this moment. I remember taking the drawing back, but not much else. I didnā€™t literally pass out but I think the combination of anticipation and then immense shame and embarrassment from the bodyguard incident shut me completely down. I remember waking up the next day and i wrote it in my little teenage diary about not being able to remember anything besides fuzziness after Phoenix. I have all six autographs, so something happened!

Iā€™m all growed up now though. The BFD meet and greet went so much better, and I had the character development to get over my teenaged awkwardness and my childhood shyness. That, and because I had been so active in the online side of the fanbase, Mike totally knows who I am now and I joked with him and the band in my 2nd one.

[quote=KATHYxx][quote=Geri]
I was at the BFD meet and greet too :slight_smile: i enjoyed that one more then my first, actually talked to all of them this time :stuck_out_tongue: it was an unreal concert :)[/quote]
Man, I wish we had a photo from that one! I would have loved to have a memory of it. It was a great M&G session.
Did anyone get any good BFD pictures?

Okay, so the day they visited Arco Arena in 2004 was on a Wednesday. I was a little squishy girl in high school back in the day, and I had to go to school that day. That means waking up before 6 AM to go to school at 7:45. I was so excited to see LP that I forgot to eat too. And then just before the M&G a friend of mine had the brilliant idea to make me hold all of his things while he goes to the bathroom, and then he doesnā€™t get it back because I had gone backstage by that point. So, basically I was all of these just before the M&G:
A. Very hungry.
B. Physically exhausted and sleep deprived
C. Way, way, WAY too excited
D. Teenaged
E. Shy
F. Holding far too many things.

That is the worst combo ever.
I turned the corner into the M&G and came face to face with Mike Shinoda. ā€œHey, how ya doin?ā€ he says in his voice. And itā€™s hearing THAT voice. You recognize it automatically but it is in the highest sound quality you will ever hear his voice in, ever. I was completely unable to answer him. I think I squeaked. It was a very soft squeak and I donā€™t think anyone else heard it.

Phoenix was sitting next to him. I had made a drawing of Phoenix to give to him because this was right after the MTV Live in Texas Special episode where Mike gets all the presents and Phoenix doesnā€™t. I was trying (err, fumbling) to give it to him when a giant muscley arm shoots out from behind me and smashes down on my drawing and tells me I canā€™t get more than one thing autographed. My brain turned off at this moment. I remember taking the drawing back, but not much else. I didnā€™t literally pass out but I think the combination of anticipation and then immense shame and embarrassment from the bodyguard incident shut me completely down. I remember waking up the next day and i wrote it in my little teenage diary about not being able to remember anything besides fuzziness after Phoenix. I have all six autographs, so something happened!

Iā€™m all growed up now though. The BFD meet and greet went so much better, and I had the character development to get over my teenaged awkwardness and my childhood shyness. That, and because I had been so active in the online side of the fanbase, Mike totally knows who I am now and I joked with him and the band in my 2nd one.

The first and only M&G I had was last September in Jakarta. Gotta say that talking face to face with fellow Soldiers and getting to know them there was so awesome [biggrin] Talked to Brad and Chester about the gifts I gave them and shook Mr. Shinodaā€™s hand. The fun thing was exchanging Indonesian words with Phi :wink: I still have so many to say to them, though! So, hoping for another one prays