LPU Videos and YouTube

I’ve never been one to search YouTube, or any other media outlet, for LPU EXCLUSIVE videos, simply because I can just go to the videos section of the site and view them there.

Yesterday, we were given a brand new LPUTV episode. Within a matter of hours, while in the chat room, someone posted a YouTube link that featured the same exact episode, while simultaneously showing their discomfort with it.

That got me thinking a little. I then ran a YouTube search for lputv. Sure enough, almost the entire LPUTV library was up on YouTube for the public’s viewing.

It’s kind of upsetting when we pay annually, or monthly, to have access to exclusive content like this, and the music and some people abuse that right and share them publicly for the world to take in for free.

/rant

Yeah it sucks. I guess that means a LPU member took them from here and put them up? Pfft. Very lame of them.

I guess so too

wish there was something we could do about it. It is such a bummer. I don’t really understand why anyone would do it.

It’s impossible to hide anything once it is somewhere in the internet nowadays. There’s nothing you can do about it.

sad but it’s true! :confused:

yeah in the internet you have no more privacy
the fotos you share on facebook or other social networks appear on any other profils, although you adjust that just your friends can see what you share
sad how the internet changed
but i think not EVERY LPUTV episode is on youtube

[quote=Adam]wish there was something we could do about it. It is such a bummer. I don’t really understand why anyone would do it.
[/quote]
Just act like Warner who take down thousands of videos every month. If you don’t know how, ask people working there. Simple.

Its very simple but sadly hard to accept. Regular LP fans dont want to pay the high prices so they find ways of getting the episodes on youtube so they can watch them for free. Hard to beilve LPUQ or ground control cant stop this cause I think it could be considered copyright.

It’s really upsetting. We’re paying for these videos. :frowning: I think they could be taken down from youtube for copyright infringement.

Well said Andy -,-

What?? You didn’t know that?? I’m kinda agree. The fact that eveyone can see all the LPU episodes doesn’t make me angry at all. Maybe not everyone can pay the membership or they have the money but don’t have an online card. That was my past situation. When I was waching the LPU videos here I was like “but I saw all this” and I wasn’t upset for something like that.
Just think about it, even if I saw all the videos and downloaded all the LPU cds, I decided to be part of this. LPU is much more than exclusive videos

it really is annoying that someone would do that [mad]

Wow that is lame…

I totally agree! someone should go to Adam and, or Mike about this…

anyone with motto of “sharing is giving” will do it.

you have no idea on how many LPU materials are being shared out there, video and audio. and more upsetting is when you see these materials are all ready to be downloaded at LP fansites and communities. it’s like they encourage the fans to do the illegal, instead of encouraging them to join LPU.

i think there are a lot of things that LPU can do. send them fansites/communities a warning letter, report LPU videos and audios at YouTube as infringement. i know that it won’t make all the materials gone from the internet, but LPU needs to show some action for this issue to be taken seriously. if not, then LPU T&C are just words.

[quote=Adam]wish there was something we could do about it. It is such a bummer. I don’t really understand why anyone would do it.
[/quote]

Dunno if that helps but I know a few of these people. They’re mostly on twitter and the feel “honored” to be uploading the episodes for everyone to see. Sucks -.-
What I do is report all those episodes on youtube. Better than nothing I guess…

I know right this has been a problem for as long as I can remember people just HAVE to take stuff like this and put it on YT hoping for views I suppose :frowning:

A shame man that are no real fans then