LPU is good for my English practice

It’s nice to use Englisch again after 25 years not writing in English. Last time was in hihgschool.
Maybe some of you would like to be my friend here, I just found out I can stay longer on LPU when I make friends.
At the same time I could be helping you with the same thing, who knows?
Please correct my English if you see any mistake, that’s the only way I can learn.

2 Likes

Hey there! I’m Rose, and I want to practice my English too! If you want we can talk about everything to improve it :slight_smile:

Where do you come from? I am from the Netherlands.

Hey I’m Australian so English is my first (and only) language. If you wanna know anything let me know and I’ll do my best to help you out :slight_smile:

Thanx! Wanna be friends?

Going to bed now, in my country it’s 2 in the morning now. Always forget if that’s a.m. or p.m.

Hey Nice to talk you guys… I wanna practise my English too! I’m from Indonesia.

Hi! I’m new too. And I want to practise my English just like you. I have never had the opportunity to use this language. :slight_smile:

Just because of LP/LP fans and LPU I learn a lot of english!

It can’t hurt to improve our English. That’s a nice side benefit, even if it’s sometimes kinda annoying and time consuming. Hope I don’t write “nonsense” to often, lol.

I also use LPU as a way to improve my English :slight_smile:

I must say that in Europe Dutch people are considered to be really good at english. And I agree.
By the way I love your language, for me it´s something between English and German and I always guess what does it mean according to my English and German skills. Quite a puzzle :D.

I actually learned more of useful language from LP videos and articles than I did at school :slight_smile: For eg. Two years ago I didn’t know there is something like past tense (I was like, in 6th grade). Also, two years ago I discovered LP. Now I’m the best at my group :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, my english is not good at all, so I’m glad to be here and make some practice too ;).I’m from Poland.

Can I just say for those who have commented on this thread so far whose native Language isn’t English, you’ve done pretty damn well so far! I guess one of the hardest things is to understand the colloquial expressions people use sometimes? I only speak English, which is great as people use English the most online, but kinda sad I only have one language - really should learn another!

LP is and was my way to learn english in an easy way. and i hope it will getting better now because its my first lpu account… I remember that old Linkinpark.com with the Numb Journals or something like that and a chat on the homepage anyone else who remember that?

1 Like

Hey! :slight_smile:
I also learned a lot because of LP! But my worst enemy is the grammar! :smiley:
I hope I can improve it with the LPU page.

[quote=JustLP]Hey! :slight_smile:
I also learned a lot because of LP! But my worst enemy is the grammar! :smiley:
I hope I can improve it with the LPU page.[/quote]

i need some time to get a good english again :smiley: but same problem the grammar :smiley:

Sometimes it must be excruciatingly funny for those with English as mother tongue to read our posts. :slight_smile:

Grammar is relatively easy (there is almost no declension and conjugation - compare this with inflected languages) and almost all tenses make sense. It’s the articles that can ruin my day.

[quote=BrambleBot]I also use LPU as a way to improve my English :slight_smile:

I must say that in Europe Dutch people are considered to be really good at english. And I agree.[/quote]

I think it’s the same for many “smaller” nations. They have to master foreign languages if they want to be understood outside their country. We Czechs seem to be the only exception. :smiley:

[quote=BrambleBot]I also use LPU as a way to improve my English :slight_smile:

I must say that in Europe Dutch people are considered to be really good at english. And I agree.
By the way I love your language, for me it´s something between English and German and I always guess what does it mean according to my English and German skills. Quite a puzzle :D.[/quote]
May I ask where you’re from? And how did you learn German? Here in Holland at hihgschool, they trie to learn us English, German and French in the first two years (in my highschool-days) and when you had to choose your subjects, (I don’t know another word for it) you could drop the languages. I dropped French because I had to put effort into that laguage to learn, my German grammar was and still is terrible, but I could make up for that in reading and listening tests, so I did exam in German and English.
I have a nice who in august finished a bi-lingual hihgschool education. The first three years she had every subject in English, like math an geography, the last three years they switched back to dutch. I’m proud to say she finished cum laude.