LPU 20 - Coming soon?

What are your expectations for LPU 20?

Merch expectation? What are you wishing for? :wink:

You know that they will worm HT20 into LPU20 somehowā€¦

1 Like

Positive as always termiā€¦

I was surprised how well HT20 box came out, so Iā€™m hopeful for LPU20. You ever know till it gets here.

As far as wishes, I wouldnā€™t mind seeing something unique, like they did with the plaques one year. I kind of hope they donā€™t rehash HTEP, I feel each disk is special for the year it came out.

8 Likes

I wish for some jackets which are not hoodies - decent labels on it so that I can wear it at work- and I still have no earrings bc they were sold out Immediately :roll_eyes: and a blouse lol :joy:

a male and a female bundle mb this time and lpu2020 facemasks! As for a cd they could make a poll here on the lpu and release a special lpu favourites CD of all songs they ever made :partying_face::star_struck: thatā€™s what comes to my mind and I hope we get a LPU2020 edition :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Honestlyā€¦ considering how we havenā€™t had a new LPU CD in, what, four years? I donā€™t really expect much of anything outside of the wonderful discount codes Iā€™ve received as a reward for being subscribed. Though getting an mp3 of Mikeā€™s HT jam was kind of cool.

but yeah, I think weā€™re looking at merch and stuff for the most part.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums nevertheless lol

3 Likes

IF they did this, Iā€™d be totally on board
Really truly anything unique would entice me back

Hoping but not expecting tbh

1 Like

Still waiting that the lpu19 shirt will be restock :pensive:

I know what I would want, but I doubt it will happen. See iā€™m an OG LP Underground soldier. I joined the LPU back in year 3 and left in 9. And one reason why is because it felt like there was this disconnect between the band and fans (as if their music wasnā€™t already an indication of that). Like we used to get this welcome letter and it had the appearance of hand made. But as the years went on. They welcome letter turned into something that looked like something from a CD insert.

They got rid of the membership card which made you feel like you were part of this members only club. They used to do online chats with us and I am willing to wager they donā€™t do that anymore. You can argue that Mike does Twitch all you want, but we all know itā€™s gonna be packed with a ton of people. We would also get this annual news letter that would have all these notes from the band and it would fold out to be a poster. But by year 7 it went digital which is Not fun at all. Or you could pay an additional $10 to get a physical one. All for the sake of the ā€œEnvironmentā€. Which regardless of what side youā€™re on. I think we can all admit that maybe it wasnā€™t as bad as we thought.

What iā€™m saying is I want that connection back. I want that personal touch put back into their fan club packages. Heck I would pay money for a one on one face time session with one of the guys with maybe a signed item to go with it. I want to know that they are listening to us again.

7 Likes

Probably was insane to be a part of that initial stageā€¦
sounds like how I feel now about local or small bands I currently listen to (diff genre)
But I think sadly that level of touch becomes lost when bands grow to a point where itā€™s not feasible to do the personal touch with so many people
It would take a certain high cost to be a part of a select group who was in contact with the band members nowadays and personally I think Iā€™m a bit against that
I donā€™t see any of that ever remotely coming back, Iā€™d say you should consider yourself crazy lucky to have been a part of that :grin:

3 Likes

Itā€™s just a colour though.

1 Like

I would love some cool useful merch like key rings or pens or something.

I reckon what ever it is, it will probably turn up before my HT20 box set.

1 Like

In all honesty, Iā€™m just happy the LPU still exists. Sure, itā€™d be nice if the annual CDs returned, but I think the days of annual merch bundles are behind us.

Since Chesterā€™s passing, it seems like priorities in the bandā€™s lives have shifted, and Linkin Park seems to have taken a back seat, for the most part.

Iā€™m not expecting anything less than generic merchandise (t-shirt, hoodie, flag etc.) with an LPU logo slapped on it.

7 Likes

:smile: absolutelyā€¦ in this crap year, with the friends weā€™ve made, Iā€™d rebel if we lost this place :exploding_head: :sob:

5 Likes

Not a bad idea to have a backup plan :thinking:

1 Like

Since Hybrid theory 20th anniversary is quite big, I think I will be still okay, at least not disappointed, if LPU 20 is not that elaborated.

@jFar920 already created a room for us on his Linkin Park Underground Discord server.
Itā€™s not used in any way now.
If a sudden shut down happen, we can always regroup there.

Screenshot_20201013-085239_Discord

2 Likes

You realize what a mess a discord or wa chat would be between all of us? :rofl: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Devastating :persevere:

Discord is a right mess. I was talking about starting another forum.