LP's Lyrics Lines

Hey everyone, I hope you are all good…
first thing first, last night I listened to “The Requiem” soundtrack of Thousands suns album again and I was not satisfied with the amount of time the soundtrack has… I mean I want it to be more than 2min. so if any of you guys knew about the Remix version of Requiem (more than 2min.) which has the exact amount of excitement then please mention it in the comment, thanks…

Yeah, now the best part of this post is, as everyone found some lines from the Lyrics relatable with your past and some of them was too attractive that, you listen to the full song because of only that part (you got it? ). so I want to know about your best lines from the LP’s songs but first of all, let me show you mine.

1. Without a sense of confidence, I was convinced that there’s just too much pressure to take (Crawling)
  2. Forfeited the game before somebody else take you out of the frame and puts your name to the shame (Points of Authority)
  3. Trying to hold on, but you didn’t even know… wasted it all just watch you go (In the end)
  4. Retrace every wrong move that I made I would (Easier to run)
  5. Everything falls apart, Even the people who never frown eventually break down (Pushing me away)
  6. Sometimes I feel like screaming at myself (Don’t stay)
  7. May your love never ends and if you need a friend then there’s a seat here alongside me (Roads untraveled)

Although there are a lot of others(non-ending list) maybe if I start writing it then it becomes the longest post I ever wrote.
Have a nice day :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Unfortunately I tried a similar thread to discuss a mutual love of LP songs but nobody was really interested. Ironically, I think people are more interested in talking about themselves than the band.

Personally, I find Breaking The Habit exhilarating as it is basically a song about freedom.

"“It came to him, with the force of a revelation, that you had to have been imprisoned to fully understand what freedom was.” (Stephen King).

1 Like

Yeah true but people(which i found here) are really nice to the forum members…
ohhh about breaking the habit… i read a fact about that song, somewhere… let me paste it for you

“Clutching my cure, I tightly lock the door”

“You all assume I’m safe here in my room unless I try to start again” - That is showing that the person prefers solitude, and although others think he’s safest by himself, it’s really when he’s worst off because he will start his self-harm all over again. Also, he doesn’t seem to understand his pain and all he wants is for it to go away, but the only known way for it to go away is to cause more. It’s a vicious cycle.
and in the video of that it was shown that the guy killed himself when he doesn’t find a way

1 Like

I didn’t want to make comment on your comment, but somewhere I felt I should.

I understand your opinion, but somewhere you also have to understand that most people who are here on this community can share their thoughts and that is often an outlet for people. Plus, if people want to talk about themselves, it’s best to accept that or not to look at it. Nobody obligates you to respond to anything. And since LP does not release new songs, the topics also change. I try to play some songs that are unknown to people outside the Netherlands, but whose numbers are good. Again, I understand your opinion.
I come in peace :slightly_smiling_face:

The song Iridescent is special to me, the lyrics is very good. And how the songs built it self up , is nicely done.

1 Like

If the threads are really similar maybe they should be merged (?)… It’s not like yours has been ignored. I think that it’s about the forum - if you don’t read and answer anything just aftr you notice it, it disapears from your sight. So any thread to be ‘successfull’ needs the right time and eager readers the moment it appears.

I think that it’s not so bad if the people talk about themselves while they are expected to talk about the band. The songs by the band touch the people and the problems they experience. The more I like the piece of art (anything - a piece of writing, a painting, a poem) the more I find how much it is about me (I guess it works a bit like this).

So… ‘My December’ - give it all away/just to have somewhere to go to/give it all away/to have someone to go home to…
Not December but January 1st. Long ago. Me alone in the empty, snow-covered streets, melting snow, walking with no purpose…

By the way… Happy birthday, @Himan10!

2 Likes

It is ironic that the majority of posts are related to social updates whereas this is a forum about Linkin Park the band and their fans. However, I wouldn’t say you can’t talk about yourself but maybe incorporate more LP discussions. Wouldn’t hurt, would it? That’s my point which is not unreasonable. What I said isn’t untrue but if you don’t like the truth, likewise don’t respond.

Oof you ok zany? :sweat_smile:
My two cents on it…when the band was full on band, when oml was coming out I had just arrived, the thread for the album was alive and thriving during that time
Their little teasers were cause for conversation etc and it was super fun and band oriented
In all fairness, what’s there to speak of after so long? It’s weird to say but I’ve been here years and yeah everyone shares a love for the band, it let us meet each other but there’s only so much you can say on it :sweat_smile:

Edit: @zanybelle Yes it’s very socially oriented in here but how is that a bad thing when people here are a true community unlike on other platforms where everyone only cares about themselves?
People care here :blush: I can speak for myself and those I know but we reach out personally and a lot of the heavy talk is done 1on1… I’ve had arguments, discussions, etc on band and personal matters with tons of people here already and I know I’ll continue to do so :grin:
As usual, if you’d like to talk too I’m always here, framos1992@yahoo.com
Settle down :hugs: I imagine there’s more to this than what’s said but just…we’re here with you too…we all like you as much as the next person-I know I do :blush:

1 Like

That’s fair enough, there is little newness to discuss and I guess I’m very late to the party. However, it’s not odd to expect a conversation about LP. Mostly, when I trigger something it hardly gets a response. Yet I post a mug and everyone wants more :laughing: I don’t get it. Really.

Hmm
I’m out of principle against dictating others what they have to talk about and whats not.
For me, this place is home. I feel free to just be me in what ever way I want and choose.
That this rootes all in Linkin Park is self-evidential.

:rofl: a lot of us are dorks, you can’t expect much from us :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The preamble yo the Linkin Park constitution
all in Linkin Park is self-evidential! That all fans are created equal! :nerd_face:

Um, I think the site dictates it’s primary purpose by it’s nature. You search for a site that fits the criteria (not let’s be a general chat forum because the band is on hiatus). Again, I never said you can’t talk about yourself, just observed that’s what happens most. Someone posted about sharing a love of song lyrics and I prewarned them don’t expect much. Prove me wrong guys! Prove me wrong.

yes! amen to that! :rofl:

@zanybelle I understand you, I don’t always look at all things. I also skip some things. Again I mean nothing wrong! Now we can be crazy again, :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Oh yeah, crazy mug posting here I come. You best believe it. And hey, you are one of the few people that actually message me so we’re cool :hugs:

Dang it…can’t we all just get along from the longest yard-insert here lol

1 Like

Nice! okay lyrics, that the topic…
One line that hits me to, is this one:
“But no one would listen, 'cause no one else cared” - Leave Out All The Rest… that song… wauw strong and powerfull… But also heartbreaking.
I hope when my time comes… I hope people remember the good things… :slight_smile:

But its also to be aware for people around you, sometimes they smile, but its a fake smile…

1 Like

This.
I really regret we’ve got no new albums, concerts, events to discuss…

I understand your point of you - there’s not enough LP content on the LP forums,
But probably if not the legendary mugs and personal stories there would be (more) silence in here…

1 Like

Hahahahahahahah!!! MASTER!! WOOW!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Amen to your whole post :grin:

If you guys want to see what it would be like, enter other band forums…it was saddening to join skillet’s and see only crickets
I spent days wanting to spark something but nothing lol
Anyway, take the group of onions out of here and you’d get what you want, mostly band talk but far and away very dispersed posting…
It’s stupidity but if we’re missing, the forum slows down to a snail’s pace…

1 Like

Yes people do care about each other here and I think it’s a great quality for an online forum. It’s more of an online support group in some ways (not all of that is related to the tragic circumstances of LP but also very much from the beginning, their music and meaningful words/self-expression). I’ve said this before, but it does feel genuine when you hear Mike and Chester sing, it’s not just rattling off lyrics for money or popularity. If anything LP music was quite unpopular back in the day, many people in Britain found it was very emo /embarrassing to be associated with those deep and dark feelings. Whereas others like me embraced it. Finally, something we could connect to not just fluffy rubbish for dancing or making out. I realised I truly valued LP music when I didn’t fancy any of the band members, unlike my past music taste. Although Mike is pretty hot now (how did that happen?! :heart_eyes:) but he looks too much like my cousin :laughing: haha.

1 Like

Skillet forums, i dont understand a thing… its… different… :thinking:
I try to find out how it work, i just stopt… :sweat_smile:

1 Like