LP concerts aren't that good. :(

Okey. LP always plays the same songs all the time, they do play new songs whenever they have a new album out but they play just the fan favorites. All their concerts are almost the exact same concert. I Know that allot of the fans around the world love to watch their concerts on Youtube, I love it too. But for a long time I have wished for them to play other songs from their huge catalog of music, not only play the fan favorites. An idea they could do is to plays 1 or 2 songs from each album as a standard and then change songs from concert to concert, not change all the songs from concert to concert cause that could be stressful. But there are so many songs i whould like to hear live that they either haven’t playd live ever or have playd a few times. Like the next time i’m going to an concert, I whould like to be surprised over which songs they play. And it must be better for LP to play different songs from time to time because surely they want to play all thier songs. Let’s try to reach out to them and let them know what the fans want to hear. what do you think of this?? let me know.! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I partly agree with you. I’d love to see them play certain songs but I know they simply can’t. If they could, they would, I’m sure!
As for the concert itself, before I was going to see them earlier this year, I wasn’t really keen on the idea of them playing short versions of songs but when they played them and saw it live I was blown away! They did it in such a way that matched with the entire set. They were far better than the last time I’d seen them. Same set or not, all I know is that they know how to put an awesome show no matter the set is like, a great time is guaranteed.

You also have to remember that not everybody that attends a Linkin Park show is a die-hard fan (like most of the LPU). The average person may only end up going to a show to here the hits, or the songs they like that are on the radio.

It’s tough to please everybody, but the shortened songs, I think, allow more space for a bigger set, whatever the case may be. It’s only going to keep continuing with each new album, and they’ve even said that they wouldn’t mind if they just played singles night after night.

As for me, as long as I get to see them live, they can play whatever the fuck they want to.

3 Likes

Your damm Right

I agree with LP13413! They must play songs like “In the End”, “Numb”, “Burn it Down” & “What I’ve Done”, because EVERY ONE on the concert knows these songs and can sing along with them.

And they still bring in some surprises! Mike rapped “Reading my Eyes” last show in A Capella for example.

[quote=Linkin Chris]I agree with LP13413! They must play songs like “In the End”, “Numb”, “Burn it Down” & “What I’ve Done”, because EVERY ONE on the concert knows these songs and can sing along with them.

And they still bring in some surprises! Mike rapped “Reading my Eyes” last show in A Capella for example.

I agree with Addam. They must play for all the fans. The ones that know all that songs and the ones that like only the songs that are on the radio. Unfortunately we’ll never please every one! Even if we talk about only the LPU, that theoretically are the biggests fans, ones prefer MTM and ATS. I personaly prefer the HT and Metora.
And in addiction to all of this… man, they have released 6 cds! And they have only 2 hours to play. So they don’t have time to play all their songs anymore. They have to be very selective with the songs they play.
The last show they did Rio was the Living Things Tour. And was awesome. They play a lot of dongs from the frist 2 albuns. But the last show I went, in the huntting party tour, was very short and played only the pop song, and they played this shots version , but was good as allways!

thanks for the imput. :slight_smile: I understand you guys, but they could please more with just a few changes to the
set, like they could play the biggest singles like they always plays, and also put in a few songs that they could change for different concerts. One thing is that they have only played half of Living Things and they haven’t playd Hit The Floor or Easier To Run( played one time on an LPU concert). just 1 or 2 songs could be enuff to make almost everyone happy! I have many friends that are huge LP fans but they aren’t a LPU member. They also whould love to hear a variation of the set. Another thing that kinda makes me a little sad, is that they don’t perform so well as they used to. They are still great, but some songs could have been playd a little better.

1 Like

[quote=Henrik]thanks for the imput. :slight_smile: I understand you guys, but they could please more with just a few changes to the
set, like they could play the biggest singles like they always plays, and also put in a few songs that they could change for different concerts. One thing is that they have only played half of Living Things and they haven’t playd Hit The Floor or Easier To Run( played one time on an LPU concert). just 1 or 2 songs could be enuff to make almost everyone happy! I have many friends that are huge LP fans but they aren’t a LPU member. They also whould love to hear a variation of the set. Another thing that kinda makes me a little sad, is that they don’t perform so well as they used to. They are still great, but some songs could have been playd a little better.[/quote]

Not much can be changed in the set I guess but Mike tends to take requests during m&gs and he usually does a little acapella or something of the requested song, that’s something at least.
As for their playing in general, I’ll have to disagree here; they’ve stepped their concert playing up so freaking much! The shows are spectacular! Visuals and all… its amazing! I believe they put an awesome show every night.

Yeah, when it comes to the visual effects and the layout of the show, they have made something cool, but I prefer the old ways their show was layed out. not so much lights all around just the basic layout, that makes the concert so much more epic. they way they have now looks very much like a party set up, like it whould be like in the club and such. but that is my personal opinion. But something i don’t like so much is the version they play of Castle Of Glass, Joe Hahn’s solo is too much electronic and that they use samples from Skin To Bone and Robot Boy when they haven’t playd them before. like my favorite concert of them is the one in Rock Am Ring 2004. That concert was amazing and the layout and sound quality was great, I wish that their concert these days is like that. so much awsomeness!!

The light effects are amazing! Why don’t use them when today’s stages offer them? I thought the same way about the COG version till I saw it live! The crowd got crazy when the beat from the Recharged version turned in. And Joe’s medley is EPIC! It includes much stuff from Reanimation too, so the old-days-fanboys could enjoy it too. And I have no idea why you dislike that they play songs they never played before.

I do think that their concerts look cool, i only said that i enjoy the old layout because it is so much more epic, but i do think the layout they have now is cool. I whould rather like to hear them play Robot Boy and Skin To Bone than to just play samples from them!

That’s weird because I’ve been to four concerts and heard 4 different set lists in 2 years… They’re amazing performers and artists. You must be a negative nancy who can’t find joy in all things joyous. 30 Seconds to Mars played the same set list twice and because of good performances I still enjoyed it. Enjoy what you can and don’t take anything for granted dude…

okey. :slight_smile:

Are you kidding me?? 2010 Birmingham UK best night ever and I’m so excited for Manchester this Saturday!!!

I would really like to know how many shows you have attended Henrik? Quite frankly, your forum topic is COMPLETE NONSENSE to me. Every show I have attended year after year provides an all out awesome atmosphere. The joy on fan’s faces when LP performs live says it all. Enough said!

1 Like

Yes they play their songs so great, i don’t have any problems to that, all I really said is that they should play more songs that they don’t play allot or never. switch up the set list just a little bit, play fan favorite and some songs that they haven’t playd in a while, haven’t playd that much and haven’t playd at all. That way they can make everyone happy. All of their songs are so great that if they play let’s say ‘‘Figure.09’’ instead of let’s say ‘‘Burn It Down’’ on a few concerts here and there, No one of the audience whould be sad because all of their songs are awsome so they whould love it anyway( okey maybe someone who’s favorite song is Burn It Down may be a little sad but they will love whatever songs that are playd). Okey the topic can be a litle wrong, I just didn’t come up with something else. But as I said, they play awsome live but ALLOT of their fans love to watch their concerts on Youtube! like me. And I have heard from allot of fans that they want to hear more variation in LP’s setlist. I have been to 4 concerts. 2011-2012-2014-2014. but I have watched allot of concerts on Youtube. Offcourse when you go to a LP concert, it feels like the best experience in the world!!! But when you watch their concerts on Youtube, you still love it but you feel like you watch almost the same concert over and over again. They play usually about 24 songs so some of those songs, just 1 or 3 songs could be replaced on differenet concerts. Just that whould satisfied allmost everyone! A question to you: Whouldn’t you love to hear songs that they haven’t playd before? and by the way I love your Name! :smile:

genius!! Thats what I think too!! Some songs that I wish very much to LP play it they dont, its just the same thing. Like, I really enjoy the song The Little Things Give You Away but I think they will never play it anymore. Its the same playlist, that should change a little sometimes. I agree with your comment, its profound.

I don’t know, I think they always put on a hell of a show. I have seen them a few times, 1st time was in 2003 and the last time was this year and a few times in between and I am always blown away at their shows. Yeah of course I would love to hear a certain song but they can’t play all night and they have out so many CD’s so they can only play what they can. I just love the energy that they have, and I love all of their music so I am happy just being in the pit singing along. I am sure if they could, they would throw in some more songs.