LinkinPark.com to a brand new platform (CLOSED)

Friends aren’t being transferred, and points were said to be coming back eventually, but FullscreenDirect demanding proof, which they also demanded from @evooba, doesn’t seem right. I’m not sure if that’s their way of handling it or they were told to by LPUHQ, but I know myself that I didn’t save proof of my LPU purchase, and I imagine others didn’t either

My LPU membership is still missing as well, and did show up at one point, but I’m going to wait it out and see what happens before I contact support because it’s not really affecting me at the moment

The LPU issue seems to be pretty common, a LOT of people have it, same with the error of not recognize the email. But yes, I thought it was weird they asked for proof in the first place but I assumed they checked in with the HQ after I asked them to. It definitely is not cool that they asked @bengelshen to pay again.

Honest question, has there ever been an LP.com/LPU website changeover that’s actually gone smoothly? I can’t think of a single one and I’ve been around here for 13 years.

I still think ditching Sparkart years ago was the biggest mistake this community’s ever made.

1 Like

Every changeover’s going to have its bugs, and they seem to work themselves out in the long run.

Sparkart played a huge part in establishing and maintaining the LP community from the get-go. The launch of LPUX really set the wheels in motion for the changes throughout the community and the various platform upgrades and whatnot overtime.

Although I don’t agree with a lot of the changes that have been made throughout the community over the years, I can understand wanting to improve, and introducing new avenues for us to explore. Sometimes, as is with life, sacrifices have to made for the greater good.

Kind of like Linkin Park’s live show/set list over the years…but that’s a different story.

It’s also worth noting that Sparkart in general basically died. Their main website hasn’t been updated since 2013, and the only website they hosted on their list I recognize is Bon Jovi, which isn’t run by them anymore either.

I’m not sure if that relates to Linkin Park leaving them or not, but it seems like their golden years are over

Through a Google search, I found Rascal Flatts does as well.

he seems to be optimistic…

1 Like

They always are.

1 Like

hahaha, :grin: it must be late over there, you just finished work?

I worked a couple hours this morning, just about to head to bed.

sweet dreams…:relaxed:

while surving on mainsite I found one follower on my follower list, it is linking park, clicking on their symbol opends a sub with spotify pls of the guys,a great lot of videos and info, an upgrade to the lp-site before even if this sm shit inhere bothers, just a question philophophically: why must friends be replaced by follower ??? edit: all former lpu-exclusives like mb cookies are free available, the sub page is called Fan Club…

https://linkinpark.com/news/news/430518/spotify-playlist-linkin-park-is-listening-to

Followers aren’t replacing friends. Following is comparable to liking a page on Facebook

And the other thing you’re talking about with the LPU Exclusives I think is their feed of all their uploaded files, of which I only see previews for songs, not the whole thing

And how can I follow someone? I couldn’t figure it out yet, sorry. :slight_smile:

Jordan? This is exactly what Isaid…they REPLACED the friends function to a following function,not that this touches anything on real life, I guess I got like 150 friends on my old lost, but now I can just add follower, like : Follow me ( nice muse song but …)

I think you can only follow websites, and everyone on here should automatically follow Linkin Park. While I compared it to liking a page on Facebook, I don’t think it really benefits you at all on the Linkin Park website itself

Oh I see, thank you. I still need to get used to it :smiley:

Before I joined the LPU, I was very active on LPN, I loved that place and I miss Sparkart a freaking lot. I agrree that X was when everything went downhill for the LPU. I miss the old days and I really really want to be optimist and get excited about all the things they promise but all I see every time is glitches and nothing else. I mean, how many years has it been since we last had a decent chat platform?

1 Like

I always regret I didn’t spend much time on the forum back then. Most of the time I was on the chat, and even then it wasn’t super often. I hope the new chat platform works well

Looking at Metallica’s website, which is also with FullscreenDirect, they have some pretty cool stuff on there, like an embedded forum timeline. Maybe we’ll see something like this in the future

1 Like

That looks awesome. I started forums the last year of the sparkkfkskdns website.

I miss sparkart website ;-;