Linkin Park - Burn It Down [Paul van Dyk Remix]

What are your thoughts?

personally, finally a proper producer to LP remix justice, PvD is a legend in the electronic music industry and voted world no. 1 dj 2 years in a row for DJ Mag top 100!!!

Hopefully we can get Armin van Buuren to do a remix for the coming months?

First of all, I find it pathetic and lame to get another BID Remix. I was expecting 8 remixes of 8 different songs.
Secondly, I didn’t like it. Too electro for me.

thats true, i was hoping for lost in the echo remix. but i can use this in my set!!!

I for one am also disappointed that it’s just another BID remix. Way too electro for my tastes. I really hope next month’s isn’t also a BID remix or I’m wondering what I paid for.

Too electronic. Thats all I have to say.

It’s not electro its progressive trance.

while I was disappointed that it was another BID remix, I def still enjoy it. I also find it amazing that Paul van Dyk did it…it shows how far in respect LP gets from the music industry from hip hop, rock, electronica, etc etc.

I was expecting a different song. I’m going to be kinda upset if all 8 are Burn It Down. Its a good song (Burn It Down), but I want a little bit of variety, and not just a different style of music for one song.
I do like this remix of Burn it Down better than the first one.

Since I already heard the song yesterday, I’m not that excited about it anymore. Mike also posted about this song via twitter, so it was no secret and it’s all over youtube, so it’s not really something that’s worth the extra payment.

BUT I have to say, that Paul Van Dyk just is an awesome DJ and his remixes are also quite nice. When I heard the song first, I was a bit disappointed, because the tempo at Mike’s rappart is very messed up, but it somehow sounds better now and I really like that one now!

The fact, that we don’t get a different song but Burn It Down is a little let down, but I’m not that pissed about it. Of course I wish for other songs to be remixed, but there are still 10 tracks to go, so I’m just looking forward to the next ones. We all paid for ‘remixes’, so we didn’t know what we would get and I’m glad I got it anyway.

So my all in all opinion: Awesome remix, I hope for another track next time. And keep it more secret, Mike :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=Ethereal1]What are your thoughts?

personally, finally a proper producer to LP remix justice, PvD is a legend in the electronic music industry and voted world no. 1 dj 2 years in a row for DJ Mag top 100!!![/quote]
PvD is a legend. One of the very few DJs who hasn’t sold out to the mainstream popular demand in this electronic dance music era. Paul has always been committed to producing the original trance music. And yes for any LP remix, no one can hold a candle against EDM producers.

Anyways I’ve just listened to this song. And I don’t like it. It’s not up to PvD’s standards. There is no flow. It feels like he has remixed it in a separate parts & put it all together. Yes there are many welcome arrangements with beats & mid-range but they are far too many. When Mike’s rap comes, it again feels out of the sync. I expected better from PvD who made track like Dae Yor. Simply outstanding.

I don’t think that we will get that. Relationship of EDM & Rock/Alternative has always been like Fire & Water. Well I like both genre equally. But there are very few of us who want such remixes.

BTW it could have been better if this BID remix has been done by the likes of Paul Oakenfold, Gareth Emery, Orjan Nilsen, AvB, Above & Beyond etc. Any of these would do justice. They are great with managing beats whilst keeping the flow. And the remix would have been hilarious if it falls in the hands of Deadmau5.

:smiley:

I like this remix. Although I feel like an idiot since I have never even heard of Paul van Dyk! I’m unsophisticated… But yep, such a nice remix, I think! Definitely something different. I think I prefer the RAC mix to this one, though.

Oh yes, I hope we’ll get a remix of another track next month! It doesn’t really matter to me if they’re all Burn It Down remixes but it would be great to hear variations of other songs, too.

i like that remix. i mean its really good to be open minded.i dont mind if it`s a little bit more electronic this time :slight_smile:

[quote=EvoOba]First of all, I find it pathetic and lame to get another BID Remix. I was expecting 8 remixes of 8 different songs.
Secondly, I didn’t like it. Too electro for me.
[/quote]
SO DO I !
I was very disappointed that it was BID once again and even though I understand the musical evolution of LP by adding electro in the music, this one is just a Dance/House remix made fo night club. I can tolerate the fact that music open horizons but it’s like saying let’s Metallica do some reggea stuff to be played in sound system. It’s totally non-sens. If I wanted to listen to such thing, I have all the T.V. and the crap they call “music” in clubs.

Very very very disapointed with this one !

It´s cheap crap, typically for PVD one of the lousiest djs in the world…

I was disappointed the moment I saw it was another Burn It Down remix. I grew more disappointed when I heard it. For the most part it sounds like it has nothing to do with Burn It Down. The vocals feel scattered amongst the music randomly, especially Mike’s rapping, which just doesn’t fit.

All in all I don’t like it. I hope that this is the last Burn It Down remix. I don’t think I want to hear another rendition of it.

I didn’t like it.

i don’t like it, feels like Rihanna is going to start singing in the middle of the song. and mike’s part just… ish.

[quote=Sunrise.Ashes]I was disappointed the moment I saw it was another Burn It Down remix. I grew more disappointed when I heard it. For the most part it sounds like it has nothing to do with Burn It Down. The vocals feel scattered amongst the music randomly, especially Mike’s rapping, which just doesn’t fit.

All in all I don’t like it. I hope that this is the last Burn It Down remix. I don’t think I want to hear another rendition of it.

I’ve just seen on http://www.lpassociation.com/ that we can FREE download a promotional remix CD of Burn It Down made by different Djs and even though we are unable to get the orginal version, the instrumental version and the a capella version of Burn It Down, all the different remixes are avaible for free, wich that means that the two first remix (Rac remix & PVD remix) that fans can get trough the Living Things Remix susbscription (BTW we pay for those tracks) are just free online for everyone.
The good news is that we can see that there will be no more BID remix ; the bad news is that we paid to get remixes and the two that we already have are avaible for free now so it’s not really cool.
I wish the next remixes could be more interesting…

[quote=Alpha Mathieu]I’ve just seen on http://www.lpassociation.com/ that we can FREE download a promotional remix CD of Burn It Down made by different Djs and even though we are unable to get the orginal version, the instrumental version and the a capella version of Burn It Down, all the different remixes are avaible for free, wich that means that the two first remix (Rac remix & PVD remix) that fans can get trough the Living Things Remix susbscription (BTW we pay for those tracks) are just free online for everyone.
The good news is that we can see that there will be no more BID remix ; the bad news is that we paid to get remixes and the two that we already have are avaible for free now so it’s not really cool.
I wish the next remixes could be more interesting…[/quote]
Just to clarify, RAC and PVD’s remixes were already practically out there before they were released through the LIVING THINGS subscription. Especially the last remix, that was on YouTube for over a week. Both remixes haven’t exactly been ‘exclusive’ so far. So as much as you may want to criticize us for having them up, these tracks were leaked long before they were sent as part of the ‘paid subscription’.

But in regards to hosting a CD of promotional remixes for free on LPA? Not anymore. Warner wasn’t happy we had that up, and it’s now been taken down. And just because 6 other mixes were up for free, doesn’t mean that Warner can’t and won’t still provide them as part of the subscription. The agreement they provided to the people who pre-ordered was to provide eight remixes from LIVING THINGS. They didn’t say what tracks they would be, so technically since BURN IT DOWN is a LIVING THINGS track, they aren’t violating any purchase agreements.

But yeah, CD is no longer up as of an hour ago.