Linkin Park - Burn It Down [Paul van Dyk Remix]

In all honesty, nothing is exclusive anymore. Especially on the internet.

[quote=Derek]In all honesty, nothing is exclusive anymore. Especially on the internet.
[/quote]
This man knows whats up.

[quote=Derek]In all honesty, nothing is exclusive anymore. Especially on the internet.
[/quote]

Both of you are right in a sens, but I still think that it sucks to pay for tracks that are leaked and that anybody can have it just because of the internet.

[quote=LPADerek][quote=Alpha Mathieu]I’ve just seen on http://www.lpassociation.com/ that we can FREE download a promotional remix CD of Burn It Down made by different Djs and even though we are unable to get the orginal version, the instrumental version and the a capella version of Burn It Down, all the different remixes are avaible for free, wich that means that the two first remix (Rac remix & PVD remix) that fans can get trough the Living Things Remix susbscription (BTW we pay for those tracks) are just free online for everyone.
The good news is that we can see that there will be no more BID remix ; the bad news is that we paid to get remixes and the two that we already have are avaible for free now so it’s not really cool.
I wish the next remixes could be more interesting…[/quote]
Just to clarify, RAC and PVD’s remixes were already practically out there before they were released through the LIVING THINGS subscription. Especially the last remix, that was on YouTube for over a week. Both remixes haven’t exactly been ‘exclusive’ so far. So as much as you may want to criticize us for having them up, these tracks were leaked long before they were sent as part of the ‘paid subscription’.

But in regards to hosting a CD of promotional remixes for free on LPA? Not anymore. Warner wasn’t happy we had that up, and it’s now been taken down. And just because 6 other mixes were up for free, doesn’t mean that Warner can’t and won’t still provide them as part of the subscription. The agreement they provided to the people who pre-ordered was to provide eight remixes from LIVING THINGS. They didn’t say what tracks they would be, so technically since BURN IT DOWN is a LIVING THINGS track, they aren’t violating any purchase agreements.

But yeah, CD is no longer up as of an hour ago.
[/quote]

Both of you are right in a sens, but I still think that it sucks to pay for tracks that are leaked and that anybody can have it just because of the internet.

[quote=Alpha Mathieu]
SO DO I !
I was very disappointed that it was BID once again and even though I understand the musical evolution of LP by adding electro in the music, this one is just a Dance/House remix made fo night club. I can tolerate the fact that music open horizons but it’s like saying let’s Metallica do some reggea stuff to be played in sound system. It’s totally non-sens. If I wanted to listen to such thing, I have all the T.V. and the crap they call “music” in clubs.

Very very very disapointed with this one ![/quote]
Here we go. The impression of your post is hilarious! Do you really think that whatever LP & other rock, alternative & metal bands produce is music but whatever EDM-trance that comes out of clubs via DJs is “crap”?

First of all you can’t compare these two genres. They are very different approaches. Both genres have equally talented artists. If you’re fan of only either one of them then it’s fine but you should know that these EDM guys like Armin van Buuren, Orjan Nilsen, Andy Moor, Paul Oakenfold, PvD, Gareth Emery & lots n lots others are very talented & hard working artists.

For making a single track, they work for months. They’re Perfectionists. Now production of electronic music also have the similar fundamental techniques. Like creating a harmony, writing a song then giving it a structure of beats & tempo then vocals. After that comes the countless number of layers, loops & lot of other complex processes. There are given elements of happiness, pain, love, sorrow, anger which can be interpreted through out the songs even without lyrical vocals. It’s an art.

The reason it’s called trance because it directly affects your state of mind. Whether it’s progressive, uplifting, psychedelic, acid or goa trance. Each has it’s own listeners. And these well known DJs are thorough professional. BTW I am not talking about house music. That’s totally different scenario. And if you have only listened to David Guetta club music, then you should listen to the actual trance artist in a club instead of this stupid akon, nicki minaj shits of house collaborations.

EDM artists display their new music via clubs. And their fans join them by celebrating it. Dancing is a kind of form of expression & social interaction. Also the best exercise with awesome adrenalin & hapiness. So there’s is no point in bashing the EDM club culture. Similarly rock, alternative or metal bands shows their new music in concerts. Here again, there is adrenalin & head banging & singing.

does anyone know how to recover a down load of the Paul van Dyk remix or who i can talk to about getting a new code my pc crashed in the middle of the download. i can’t recover it have any suggestion thank you kittycat

[size=50]SKIHBIHDEY!!![/size]

If I had a half dozen Captain and Dew’s and I was dancing in a club with some sweaty hot chic, I would be pumped that I was dancing to an LP song. But seeing as how I’m sitting at my desk, I think it kinda sucked. Very uninspiring, very unmemorable. However, I didn’t like the Hann With Gun remix either. Maybe I’ll enjoy remix of other LP titles off this album more.

What do you mean your “set”?

One example of how bascially nothing is exclusive on the internet is how just about all the LPU video archives are on youtube.

The rap part seems a bit off-tempo for me.

I agree. I sighed when I saw it was BID. Hopefully it’s not 8 BID remixes instead of 8 LT remixes. Oh well, the main reason I did the preorder was to get awesome seats, which I did get for Mountain View Honda Civic Tour show.

BID needs to stop being remixed and used for these 8 from the presale that is for sure, Lost in the echo and powerless would have been two great choices to give us from the beginning considering BID has been out for how long now??? COme on LP and some were already out there anywyas for BID.

[quote=Hari5][quote=Alpha Mathieu]
SO DO I !
I was very disappointed that it was BID once again and even though I understand the musical evolution of LP by adding electro in the music, this one is just a Dance/House remix made fo night club. I can tolerate the fact that music open horizons but it’s like saying let’s Metallica do some reggea stuff to be played in sound system. It’s totally non-sens. If I wanted to listen to such thing, I have all the T.V. and the crap they call “music” in clubs.

Very very very disapointed with this one ![/quote]
Here we go. The impression of your post is hilarious! Do you really think that whatever LP & other rock, alternative & metal bands produce is music but whatever EDM-trance that comes out of clubs via DJs is “crap”?

First of all you can’t compare these two genres. They are very different approaches. Both genres have equally talented artists. If you’re fan of only either one of them then it’s fine but you should know that these EDM guys like Armin van Buuren, Orjan Nilsen, Andy Moor, Paul Oakenfold, PvD, Gareth Emery & lots n lots others are very talented & hard working artists.

For making a single track, they work for months. They’re Perfectionists. Now production of electronic music also have the similar fundamental techniques. Like creating a harmony, writing a song then giving it a structure of beats & tempo then vocals. After that comes the countless number of layers, loops & lot of other complex processes. There are given elements of happiness, pain, love, sorrow, anger which can be interpreted through out the songs even without lyrical vocals. It’s an art.

The reason it’s called trance because it directly affects your state of mind. Whether it’s progressive, uplifting, psychedelic, acid or goa trance. Each has it’s own listeners. And these well known DJs are thorough professional. BTW I am not talking about house music. That’s totally different scenario. And if you have only listened to David Guetta club music, then you should listen to the actual trance artist in a club instead of this stupid akon, nicki minaj shits of house collaborations.

EDM artists display their new music via clubs. And their fans join them by celebrating it. Dancing is a kind of form of expression & social interaction. Also the best exercise with awesome adrenalin & hapiness. So there’s is no point in bashing the EDM club culture. Similarly rock, alternative or metal bands shows their new music in concerts. Here again, there is adrenalin & head banging & singing.[/quote]

First of all you’re right about one point : I did something that I really hate, I called it crap just because I didn’t like it. I’m wrong about that and I will explain myself.

When I received the e-mail that gave me the code to download the second remix, I was disapointed because it was about Burn It Down once again, and secondly because I though the remix was too long and didn’t fit very well with the original sound.

I’m the type of guy that stands out to protect the vision of music, the processus of creativity. In France we have an expression that says “Only idiots don’t change their minds”. I’m not considering myself as an idiot this is why I take the time to answer your post.

To make things clear and I’m sure you’ve understand that, it’s annoying me all the stuff that is thrown to our faces every days by the T.V. and the radio about the same artists and the same songs like David Guetta and all the “crap” (I think that now the word is well-employed). So when I first heard the track, I just made an amalgam of the genre (Trance, House etc…).

So to tell things correctly, I though the remix didn’t fit very well with the original track, and it’s too long.

Hope every things is now said properly.

BTW, have a nice Linkin Park Day ! :slight_smile:

I downloaded the free promotional remix CD of Burn It Down from lpassociation.com before it was taken down and to be honest the only one I like is the RAC remix. The rest all suck and if they keep giving us them each month I’ll be very dissapointed. In one of them someone else is singing instead of Chester, WTF.

I liked the remix so far and I also got it from the promotinal remix CD. I don’t like the idea of having just BID remixes for those who preordered the album. hopefully some of them will be based on other songs.

btwm I guess this thread just probed so far that not many people here likes very much electronic music as it is.