Is A Thousand Suns better than Meteora or Hybrid Theory?

Do you think A Thousand suns is better than Meteora or Hybrid Theory? I love A Thousand Suns but i really like the Meteora era. I also like Minutes To Midnight and HT!!

As an album, it is. It’s also more significative when you get songs that match together, instead of a bunch of great songs, but that don’t give any logic to the album itself.

For my part, I say it is.

No, soley based on the fast I dislike songs on ATS and not on HT and Meteora.

Well, it’s what LP have grown into I guess… HT and Meteora were their first albums. This one is what they have evolved into.
I can’t say better or not, but for me, I love ATS better :slight_smile:

It depends. For me, ATS is their best record so far, lyrically and musically. Don’t bitch on me people (I know some of you will), it’s just how I feel. Liking a record more than another one depends on, I believe, the person’s feelings, state at the time etc.
But Meteora and Hybrid Theory were definitely the records that defined them for the first years therefor most people know them for those records and not ATS, MTM and LT. But still…they took their sound and everything to a whole new lever with MTM if you ask me and that’s what I like about them, they had the guts to do it!

As an album ATS is the best of course, because it’s like 1 veryvery long song. But they aren’t many “real songs” inside because of tracks like The requiem, the radiance, wisdom justice and love, fallout, empty spaces wich make the album to one long song.
In Meteora there are many good songs like Lying from you, Faint, figure.09 and so on.

As an album: ATS>Meteora
Songs: Meteora>ATS

But I think LT is the best album of LP anyway

definitly not. Meteora is my favourite album, Hybrid Theory needs no words. A thousand suns had just one good song, the catalyst, for me. The rest wasn’t that good

I totally agree, single real good one on ATS for me : Wretches And Kings

Absolutely!

ATS is an unbelievably awesome album, but Meteora and Hybrid Theory are the 2 best albums that have ever been released.

The albums are different, but not better or worse than the others. They’ve all got strong and weaker tracks. But LP are constantly evolving and changing, and so does their music. I love all their albums anyway!

A Thousand Suns was in my opinion Linkin Park’s worst album. Meteora and Hyrbid Theory are better, that’s just my humble opinion :slight_smile:

With A Thousand Suns Linkin Park has grown up as an artist, Hybrid Theory & Meteora is too emo. A Thousand Suns is a multi-concept album dealing with human fears such as nuclear warfare, numerous social issues, as well as blending human ideas with technology. I still love A Thousand Suns

[quote=Javier Chavez]With A Thousand Suns Linkin Park has grown up as an artist, Hybrid Theory & Meteora is too emo. A Thousand Suns is a multi-concept album dealing with human fears such as nuclear warfare, numerous social issues, as well as blending human ideas with technology. I still love A Thousand Suns
[/quote]

Your pessimism annoys me and your argument is invalid the moment you called them emo because you can’t even justify your response.

ATS is by far my favourite album, musically and lyrically. Hybrid Theory will always be second favourite, followed by LIVING THINGS. I’m not a fan of Meteora due to the music basically, I’m sorry but pop like drumming on such a heavy song like Faint, is really off putting. Meteora could have been better in my opinion, but there’s so many flaws in the music that I just don’t agree with. But in saying that, with every band there are weak albums that leaves the way to improvement and opportunity.

I don’t think anyone could say what is the best as our opinions about music are always subjective and it depends on our individual feelings. Yes, you can see that during recording ATS the guys were more mature both personally and musically, but I don’t think this makes it a better album than HT or Meteora. For me, Meteora is the most favorite album and A Thousand Suns the least favorite album, but it’s just subjective.

Each album has something unique and different. Therefore I can’t choose the best. All albums are the best :slight_smile:

No way. ATS is easily my least favorite album. There r def songs I like off of it (Wretches and Kings, waiting for the end, catalyst) and i understand and appreciate that they were trying to do with ATS but i love HT, Meteora, M2M and LT so much more.

AMEN!!! ATS HAD TO GROW ON ME BECAUSE AS A AN ORIGINAL LP FAN I WASN’T USED TO THE STYLE OF ATS!!!

Guys, don’t hate me for saying this, but ehh… YES! It’s got a concept, a story, it’s like a musical journey. I like Meteora and Hybrid Theory, though, but I find them a little whiny. That’s alright, we all go through that stage, but I prefer this epos of nucleair synesthesia over ‘pain’ and ‘lies’ and ‘crying’. This record has touched a different spot inside my heart; I don’t mean to say it wasn’t as confronting, but rather a mysterious experience. A true masterpiece, if you’d ask me.

i don’t think so. ATS is good, as it has wretches n kings, waiting for the end, catalyst and so on… but hybrid theory and meteora were the legendary albums of linkin park. they will always be one of the best.