[insert totally nifty topic here]

Did you guys hear about Lemmy? So sad :confused:

Not heard anything, have a look, not motörhead´s Lemmy K:???

Edit (RIP you did it very very well, thank you)

I posted this picture the other day, and it looked like this still up until two days ago

This is today, after one day of snow

I really wanna try to do something where I take a picture from the same location every single day and have it progress through the year. Only problem is possibly not being home every day to do it

Love it! Enjoy the snow! I’m actually going away in 2 days and snow is promised where I’m headed, so I hope for a white Christmas lol.

Nice idea too. I like scrolling through such photos, it’s pretty interesting.

Christmas is over lol

Not for us. We don’t celebrate Christmas, we celebrate New Year’s.

Right, I have a Ukrainian friend, and I heard that they celebrate a Jan 7 Christmas over there back in Ukraine.

In Poland we celebrate Christmas (24, 25, 26), New Year (31.12&01.01) and 6th January (I believe in English it’s called “Epiphany”? It’s Three Kings’ Day, another holiday in our calendar).

Germany´s the same @xTirea

Why do you celebrate Christmas on the 24th and 26th? It’s just on the 25th… Also, why New Year’s on the 31st?
We have a holiday on the 6th as well, not sure what it’s called but it has some stupid religious story behind it.

24 - Xmas Eve (Eg like my family & @the_termin8r1 )

25 - Xmas itself (rest of us)

26 - Boxing Day??? (Apparently only the UK & its colonies celebrate or something like that - dunno, ask @the_termin8r1)

31 - New Year Eve - Countdown to Midnight - Countdown to New Year)

Yeah, I don’t actually know what you do on it. So my family don’t celebrate it.

As @samuel_the_leader said, it’s not Xmas as such, but Xmas eve. Most people have their Xmas lunch/dinner on the 25th but in Bulgaria you have your Xmas dinner on the 24th in the evening. And we don’t have turkey either.

We bake this thing called a pitka (I don’t think there’s an English translation for it) and what it is is basically this big, round (about 30cm in diameter) baked blob-like thing made of dough (it’s nothing like bread not in texture or taste) in which you hide a £1 coin as your kneading it (obviously you wash the coin) and when it’s baked and the pitka is broken up whoever gets the coin in their piece gets luck next year. I haven’t had it in years though with that being said, I don’t do superstition.

I can’t seem to find an image of one that looks close to what we make, all the images show these really fancy looking ones.

Similar to that, we bake a type of cake and hide a charm inside and whoever “wins” it is supposed to have good luck for the year. We do it on New Year’s though.

We don’t either, there is a feast but thankfully without turkey.

Celebrations all over vary so much… it’s so frustrating. It’d be much easier if we didn’t celebrate at all.

Christmas Eve on 24th, Christmas Day on 25th and 26th.

31st is a day when everyone have their New Year’s Eve parties and countdown to 00.00

I don’t know how about other countries, but we have a lot of holidays in year because of religious reasons. That’s good, because I like holidays :smiley:

[quote=“EvoOba, post:656, topic:11188”]
We do it on New Year’s though.[/quote]

My mum bakes these really nice bite-sized pastries with feta cheese in them and for new year’s she puts little messages in them kinda like fortune cookies.

I’m probably the only person who doesn’t do such things or is looking forward to them lol.

We do too (and not only religion related) but they’re all annoying to me. Too much hype for nothing to be honest.

New year’s eve is always such a drag because TV broadcastings turn to crap and are full of spam.

I’ll go sleep that time so you’re not the only one
Or even if I won’t go sleep, I’ll be on FB and forums all the time. Maybe Skype with some people.