[insert totally nifty topic here]

Me and @the_termin8r had same avatars and once i had his style song in my pl so he was deadly confused lol

3 Likes

Ok. iPhone 8 and X. Discuss.

1 Like

Another one? Not interested.

1 Like

Would’ve hopped for x but price hike stretches it
Simplicity is slipping away if choosing their phone isn’t even simple anymore

There was noting simple about the iphone in the first place apart from…actually no I’ll spare you the harshness of the joke. But seriously, there is nothing simple about them.

Tempted to want to hear the rest of the joke although I think you mean the buyers were the joke haha
I do like apple over Samsung by far as I’ve had horrible trouble with android so have no problem admitting I’m hard line apple

1 Like

Ummm…ok lets go with that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :sweat_smile:

I don’t like apple because the UI is idiotic, also itunes is idiotic.

It is better. Samsung hangs a lot… Android isn’t good…

I agree with i tunes… it is idiotic for mee too!

Incoming huge rant/opinions on the new iPhones and other Apple devices

Aside from the fact that it’s stupid that they announced two generations of iPhones in one year, as well as skipping the iPhone 9 for seemingly no reason besides an eye catching name, the iPhone X just keeps seeming less and less interesting to me. I have the iPhone 6S+ at the moment and it does all I need it to do and more (looking at you, headphone jack), but the iPhone X is just especially unappealing. Regardless, here’s the few things that are “upsides” that aren’t the usual “better camera, faster processor” crap:

• Bigger screen, yet smaller phone
  • Wireless charging
  • Face scanning technology?
  • Animated emoji?

And all of my personal downsides:

• Starts at $1000 for the cheapest model, nearly $1200 for the only other model
  • Storage is 64GB on the cheapest model (my 6S+ is 64GB and was $600)
  • Lacks a home button, meaning more complicated closing of apps, using Siri, and unlocking the phone
  • Lacks a fingerprint scanner, also making unlocking the phone more of a hassle
  • Has an area that covers the screen for the camera and speaker, which unless developers update their apps, is going to cut off part of the viewing area for things like games or videos
  • It isn’t any more water resistant than the 7 (or the 8)
  • It lacks a headphone jack (as does the 7 and 8)
  • Doesn’t include the wireless headphones
  • Doesn’t include the wireless charger

I honestly haven’t looked much into the 8 yet, but it sounds like what would normally be the “S” model of the 7. If anyone is looking into getting a new iPhone, I would just go with the iPhone 8, unless I missed some amazing features that are game changers.

I’m also a bit angry about them announcing both a new Apple Watch and new AirPods.

The first generation of Apple Watches lasted two years, while the second apparently is only one? On the bright side, it seems like the only noteworthy addition is the cellular usage, and it’s $10 a month. I always have my phone with me so it is no use to me.

As for the AirPods, those things were near impossible to find anywhere until recently if you didn’t want to wait two months to receive them, and now they’re already making new ones, and from what I can tell, they basically only added wireless charging?

Finally, and probably the only thing I seem to remotely (pun not intended) care about is the Apple TV. 4K seems like the future of video, and while I don’t personally have use for it, I may in the future, and I need a new Apple TV anyways, so I may be getting that

4 Likes

All of this is perfect proof of what I’ve been saying all along. Apple exist for one reason only. To take technology, make it worse and jack up the price.

1 Like

Happy 7th to the greatest album this band has released!

2 Likes

Never bought any of them. Just use Mac from Apple products…

really? thought it has! :flushed:

Am I the only one who has noticed the forum bugging out recently? For example @Honey8 's song thread was gone for a while for me and all of the user post counts on threads are wrong.

2 Likes

Spanish thread with me. I didn’t even get any notifs of that and when i was searching fro it… saw many unread…

Lets see who else is facing these problems…

1 Like

Me too. I have the “watching” option on in many threads and when I see them there are answers for more of 3-5 days without reading. And I always check out all the threads before go out.

Apple fan anger breathing

Yeah, you’re right for some point. And OT: they say ITunes will disappear as a solid app which is awesome. It has always been a pain in the back bacon

3 Likes

My opinion on the iPhone X situation…
They’re charging $1000 for a phone that has a bunch of features that Android has had for, at the least, 1 or 2 years already. And then they claim to be innovating the game with the same locked down software that they’ve had for generations. I’m glad they’re stepping up their game finally, but not the fact that they still parade around as the best smartphone company there is. They’ve been copying Android for years in the hardware field, and I personally hate their software. All they have is the mainstream appeal of simplicity. Plus, they still don’t have a headphone jack, something Samsung has proven can still be implemented successfully and gracefully into a modern smartphone. Not to mention their failure to adopt USB type C for this generation, meaning iPhone users not using wireless charging still have to buy their proprietary lightning cables. Not a fan, Apple.

Same here (:laughing:)

And yeah, @the_termin8r I also saw the wrong counting in the threads, the new badges, the add, that we can see who is answering same time on a post… so we can assume, they are doing some improvements in the background, which means they are back at normal and step on at the @lpuhq right, guys? And this makes me just HAPPY !!! :sunny:

3 Likes

I need to get to Japan immediately. I need to experience 0-107 MPH in 1.8 secs.

1 Like

There isn’t any 360° turn…(thought there would be…) i went to imagica this yr feb… It was amazing… i enjoyed the 360 turn! And rollercoaster was the first ride we took…