[insert totally nifty topic here]

Umm…ok…why do we need to know this?

That’s my friend, Amit.

That got awkward.

1 Like

The guy in back is @bigbadboz1984, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Yep! Really like olaf😂

No idea. Hearing his username first time…

Yeah, that’s Graham.

2 Likes

I have 14h in my job tomorrow.

That’s me yeah. Joe spotted me and Amit waving at him whilst they were doing One more light so he started by flinging Phoenix’s guitar plectrums at us then he took the photo

1 Like

Throwback to when I was still communicating with Pat:

Me explaining to her about accidentally sharing the phone number with a Syrian refugee at that time.

Shipping from the US is expensive. I was expecting way less.

Shipping from the US is always expensive, you have to pay a minimum customs fee of £15 if the item is over £15. On top of the seller’s delivery charges.

1 Like

Wait, W-H-A-T?! It doesn’t say that anywhere.

That is how the government earns money. Every goverment tries to earn money in different ways.

USPS especially. And unreasonable expensive (DHL works ways faster and costs ways less)

Mmm… dunno about here actually

Exactly! They say that there’ll be a new fee to the stuff bought from the web(additional 10% or so)

I’ve never paid fees before so this is new to me.

1 Like

Well, whenever I order anything from a non EU country (i.e. America in my case) and the item is over £15 when seller delivery is added, Royal Mail don’t deliver it, they leave it at the nearest office and drop you a note saying you have to pay a customs and handling fee (mine have been around £15). UNLESS The seller explicitly states that they will handle customs charges.

Here’s how import charges work in the UK.

Here are examples:

If I were to buy these tyres I would have to pay a fee.

But with these I wouldn’t because it says that customs fees are included in the delivery price.

Jeez… I literally have never paid any fees and I get stuff all the time. I’ll have to wait and see when my order arrives I guess.

Maybe all the places you’ve bought from cover the costs? I just know that with ebay and other sites that are either small or a tad shady you have to usually pay the fee if you’re past the limit and ordering from outside the EU.

Dunno, it’s always Amazon, I don’t do eBay.

Oh, then you’re fine with amazon.