[insert totally nifty topic here]

It’s weird watching your comments evolve. You don’t notice it as it happens but I bet if you read over your posts on here from like a year or 2 ago you’ll see a big difference.

1 Like

I regret things I said a week ago half the time

Me as an space foreigner.
@jFar920 is the stick person

1 Like

same here…lol
but Dude @jfar920 didn’t knew this, share ( but you surley did, give me a link, mb even to the interview? Would be awesome…:blush:)

Haven’t flew kite for a long time (Good clear windy skies to fly kites)

Now you reminded me why: all the kites were lost into the sky

1 Like

This is why I didn’t like my 15 yr old self. How stupid!

2 Likes

Wow, you weren’t joking :joy: If your username wasn’t there I never would have guessed it to be you. Also what’s OMLP?

On My Little Pony
Order My Large Pizza
Only Men Like Potatoes
Obese Murderers Lick Pistachios

:laughing:

OMLP is like OMG, another stupid thing I used to say.

Yeap, I’m not proud of the stuff I used to say and post. Glad I grew out of that phase.

Oh my Linkin Park

Duh.
Duh!
DUH!
DUHHHHHH!
** inhales deeply and loudly **
DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHJDJSKFJCMDNDMSMCMSLELDNF

JK IDK

2 Likes

Nevermind, that’s the past!

I was an annoying fan as well, I wrote a weblog about my very important life but fortunately the webhost has ceased so all my very important stuff disappeared years ago.

@the_termin8r This should be your next Lego project!

1 Like

I think I might know how that’s done, but I’m not sure if those are standard bricks or if they’ve been modified. Also, one on this scale would cost easily £500+

1 Like

I would think they are modified…unless they put two bricks together side by side to get the change in color. But when the camera angle is straight on the picture it doesn’t look like two bricks.

They are probably pyramid pieces where each side is a different colour.

yeah probably! I didn’t think of that. I saw a mosaic in Legoland Malaysia and it was made with one dot pieces. But that was not like this that changes every angle.

This?

3 Likes

Yes thx Jordan! :blush:

Note: PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS POST, IT IS ONLY A WIKI SO THAT THE EDIT TIME DOESN’T EXPIRE.

Lots of pics but not too much text ahead

Good news! I finally finished the car. The first thing you’ll notice is that it doesn’t look much like a car; that’s because, as I’ve said before, I wanted it to be a showcase of the mechanisms (and I was too lazy to make a body).

Info:
-Total parts: 1383
-Technic Parts: 1379
-Electronic parts: 4 (a battery box, 1 medium motor, 1 XL motor and a switch)
-Total price: ~£275 (inc electronics which were about £25 alone)
-Price per piece: ~£0.20 (20p)

Gear ratios (gearbox only):

1st gear: 2.25
2nd gear: 1.5
3rd gear: 1.25
4th gear: 1
5th gear: 0.75
6th gear: 0.5

Pics:

Different views:

Manual spoiler up:

Left active spoilers up (you can’t see the rear one from the front because of the gearbox):

Right active spoilers up:

Flat underbelly (the gap is there to stop the differential from catching on the plating):

A crudely labeled pic of where the power will go through the gearbox if it were in first:

A crudely labeled pic of where the power will go through the actuator system for the active aero:

Mini demos:

General functions:

Active aero (due to gearing, the front spoiler comes up faster and fully and the rear only gets to half way) :

1st gear:

6th gear (I couldn’t edit the 5th gear fail from the gif):

I only did the first and last gear because it takes 15 mins (quite literally) to render a single gif due to file size.

Build notes:

-I lost track of how long this build took.
-I’ve had to do more redesigns than I can count
-I recycled most parts from the 42039 LMP set I posted a while ago in the w/w thread.
-This was completely improvised
-Apart from the very basic part of the rear suspension, everything is my own design (I heavily modified the rear suspension I used)
-It has a 6 speed gearbox
-It could pull a reverse and a mechanical handbrake built into the gearbox but I didn’t account for scaling and couldn’t fit them in
-For some reason it grinds it’s gears in 5th
-It can only pull itself in 1st, the gears just grind for 2nd - 6th
-It has 4WD with 3 open differentials
-Has active and manual aero (I couldn’t find a good way to automate the manual one)
-Initially the active aero was meant to be connected to the steering but it proved too difficult and complex
-Inspiration for the active aero came from the Pagani Huayra which has a similar system
-Has independent suspension
-The front suspension has a lot less travel than the rear due to the steering linkage
-If Lego were to sell this as an official set it would cost half as much
-I had to order extra parts as well as using the recycled ones
-Because of Lego’s awkward gear sizes I ended up having to use around 40 gears as opposed to a dozen for the gearbox
-I would have used pneumatics if they weren’t so damn expensive.

3 Likes

I just have one word for it: Awesome. Just absolutely awesome.

1 Like