How is your country on the Olympic Games?

For me Brazil is awful. Only 2 gold medals (judo and artistic gymnastics).
I’m waiting for other gold medals on voleyball (women and men), beach volleyball and soccer.
And do you know what is worst? The next Games will be here in my city and I think that will be embarrassing if we win only 5 gold medals here.

And how is your country?

United States is in 2nd.

I don’t consider US and China. You guys are from another planet. haha [lol]

Mexico is not doing so well either.
So far I think we have a silver and
bronze medal in archery and 2 silver medals in
synchronized diving.
They say it’s better than the last games, but it’s
still kind of embarassing when you look at China and
the US

[quote=CAM1]Mexico is not doing so well either.
So far I think we have a silver and
bronze medal in archery and 2 silver medals in
synchronized diving.
They say it’s better than the last games, but it’s
still kind of embarassing when you look at China and
the US[/quote]

Man, don’t look to US and China. I try at least. But could be worse, right? Some important countries do not have any medal.

And do you know what is worst? The next Games will be here in my city and I think that will be embarrassing if we win only 5 gold medals here.

Portugal isn´t doing very well. we won a silver in k2 1000m at canoeing (:

1 gold (rowing), 3 silver (tennis - women’s double, rowing and canoe) and 2 bronze (shooting and hurdles).

But we still hope for at least one more gold.

Canada is doing pretty good for summer olympics.

1 Gold (Trampoline)
4 Silver (Rowing x2, Swimming & K1)
8 Bronze (Diving x2, Judo, Weightlifting, Swimming, Bike, High Jump & Canoe)

Brazil until now:

GOLD
Artistic Gymnastics (man) Arthur Nabarrete Zanettiveja
Judo (woman) - Sarah Menezesveja

SILVER
Swimming (man) - Thiago Pereiraveja

BRONZE
Boxing (woman) - Adriana Araujoveja
Judo (man)- Felipe Kitadaiveja
Judo (woman) - Mayra Aguiarveja
Judo (man) - Rafael Silva
Swimming (man) - Cesar Cieloveja
Sailboat (man) - Robert Scheidt/Bruno Pradaveja
Beach Volleyball (woman) - Juliana/Larissa

But Brazil has more three guaranteed medals in boxing (to be decided if they will be gold, silver or bronze) and one in men’s soccer (silver or gold).

United States. Doing pretty well. I’ve never paid attention to Olympics before, but now I sell electronics and our display TV’s have to stay on some sort of sports - Olympics happen to be it now. And I’ve gotten pretty interested in it while at work.

I am from Kazakhstan and very happy with our results.

I see on twitter that a lot of people thought about Kazakhstan just like we are “something Borat”. I am very thankful to our team for our medals. It’s kind of international PR, I hope people who knew nothing about KZ, will recognize us in future :wink:

I am proud of m country! (Even if there’s no Linkin Park performance)

I’m from the US but I agree about US & China. Both countries are beast in the Olympics. Russia is doing fairly well though.

This is Australia’s worst Olympics since 1972 apparently

I’m so sick of these Olympics… I can’t travel anywhere without being stuck in traffic for an hour, haha.

But Great Britain aren’t doing too bad…

Canada is meant for the Winter Olympics. We kick ASS in the Winter Olympics. Summer is just not that epic for us.

With that said, the reffing on the USA vs Canada game was bs and I demand a redo.

From the UK so I can’t complain, but after all the money we’ve spent it’s a good job we’re doing ok this year! (I especially can’t complain either as I don’t live in London so don’t have to worry about all of the traffic).

Still wish I was an Olympic athlete from the USA though ;-D

Portugal:

Silver Medal in K2 1000m (Men Final A)

[quote=Hillarie]Canada is meant for the Winter Olympics. We kick ASS in the Winter Olympics. Summer is just not that epic for us.

With that said, the reffing on the USA vs Canada game was bs and I demand a redo.