Get Inspired! The LPU friends and support

I like Greece because it’s so lovely in there. I’ve been there last year and fell in love! Obviously not as much as with New Zealand but still. I just like places with all the culture and stuff to see.

@mish3lka yeah. I left the toxic environment at work and I’m so much better. I am happy and truly enjoy life. I am super happy now and can’t wait to meet all new people and see new stuff.

9 Likes

@rorybourdon
Seeing Turkey before Greece is a good call.
it will be a striking difference!

whatever you do… don’t break any laws over there!
and if someone grabs you and pulls you into his shop, don’t over react, you are not being kidnapped!
It’s just “shopping”!
you are chosen to buy, not the other way around :stuck_out_tongue:

Drop a line when you’re around Greece.
LPUs get a tourist advisor for free down here! :fist:

3 Likes

what better inspiration than the truth?
Ain’t it true that the amount of hammering of a sword is determined by the sharpness of the blade required and that only depends on what we are intending to cut?
s…words can get very very shinny u know… how are yours?
they look like hot bricks but something keeps hammering you down and then burns you up?
Trust the blacksmith and try not to panic even if it gets out of your control!
it’s not out of his! :wink:

(go full screen for “the full picture”)

:heart:

Good morning lp family. I jave going thou my depression and it seems is not getting better
Between my job and home… is not looking GOOD for me. I have been looking for a place and o found one but it a fixer upper it nice . My thing is. Home i come home form work and clean the house and and everyone that lives here. Do do anything. So this make me feel more depressed and very unhappy

2 Likes

@hilaryfol
For three years i was stuck with a relationship that didn’t love me and a job i couldn’t quit
but hated it more every day.
I woke up happy because i would have to leave the girl home
but then get sad because i had to go to this job.
Then, at the end of the day, i was happy it was over, though very sad to return home.
if only i could work all day!

At some point i couldn’t take it any more and realized my mental health is equally important
to my physical health.
Said goodbye to both and four years later i realized why the butterfly gets all the credit but the caterpillar does all the crawling.
All i can tell you that could help (and sign my name and experience with it, with the responsibility this statement requires):
nothing happening to you is random!
life is not a pair of dice that fell wrong even if some want us to believe that and go into
great lengths to do so.
There’s providence and a personal plan for you!
you have a brother’s promise on that!
all you need to do is be patient and not let the situation change you into a self you wouldn’t enjoy sleeping with and your light will shine through it when time is due!

PS. I hope you enjoy the video above because you’re its target audience!

i am so sorry for that. I wish other family member help out with the house work. It is their duty to do so. Stay strong. Sending good wishes. Try talking to them about sharing responsibilities :heart: :frowning:

1 Like

felt like dropping this here…

2 Likes

Hey! Where are you from? I am actually now going to Greece so it is nice to know someone there:)

1 Like

I’m in Athens and i’ll be honored to try my tour guide skills on a family member!
make sure you tell me where and when and i’ll be there to buy drinks!
(not much into alcohol but i have a thing for visitors! it’s a heritage thing…)

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::world_map:

3 Likes

Oh thanks but unfortunately I will be quite far from Athens. I will be in Kos so far far. But thank you!

1 Like

It been a week since i took my boyfriend to the bus station and i been home alone . I have been depressed more and more i don’t think is because he move out of state. I think because i have been depressed more often and really don’t like feeling this way sometime is show but i can hide my feelings very well.

1 Like

Stay strong :muscle:t2:- it’s inside of you, the strength- as the weakness is… try to find your resources and hang in there- you’re a fighter :muscle:t2::hugs::yellow_heart:

1 Like

Oh @anomalia a big hug for you! Strength to you! :hugs: :heart:

2 Likes

I know it’s hard. But try to see it not as a bad day, but as an opportunity to remember them and cherrish their memory. Light a candle in the evening, cry if you need to, but let it all out of yourself. That’s what I do when the date of my grandmother’s and Chester’s death or birthdate comes…
I know the repairs on your car will cost money, but it’s only a thing. Your memories are costless :slight_smile: Sending strength and hugs your way! :hugs: :hugs: :sunflower: :heart:

4 Likes

That is not true. You know what crazy dudes I see every day endangering everyone around them? Driving in the opposite direction in unclear turns, switching lanes in 130km/h without blinker and 1m in front of you, not giving priority, driving at high speeds, almost hitting crossing pedestrians and shitting on EVERY SINGLE traffic rule?

And you happen to make one single mistake and you say you should have never driven a car? No, you’re the responsive one! Don’t blame yourself for one moment of oversight.

4 Likes

In my opinion, there is no should not have. It’s happen. Let it go. Shouldn’t have chance nothing. Worse its hurting you.
I know, easier said then done. And an advise, were I try to give none. But please, don’t beat you up!
I like @mish3lkas advice.
Lots of :heart::heart::heart: for you!

4 Likes

This. Nowaday’s life is full of decisions. You need to decide what to wear today, what to eat, which product to buy, which bus to take, which road to go to… Million decisions every single day. It’s so exhausting! Don’t make it harder on yourself doubting them and the past.
In that single moment you did the best decision you could. Yes, after the moment has past and looking back, you see everything from different perspective, but you didn’t see it at the moment. And that’s okay. Because you did your best. Maybe you were distracted by something or your attention just wasn’t good enough. But you did your best. And that’s what counts.
So don’t regret anything. Not a single decision and not a single mistake. Decisions are the best you can do in the moment. And mistakes always teach you something, so next time you’ll be better. You’ll see how liberating that is :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes. It takes time and many many hours/weeks/months/years driven and many mistakes made till you’re good :slight_smile: And you have to have eyes on your butt too!!! And forsee things, it’s hard! Take it easy, nothing happens if you come to work 2 minutes later :slight_smile: Better later than never :smiley:

2 Likes

@anomalia maybe, if it is not to hard, you like to share a story of your brother and cousin with us. I would like to hear it.

2 Likes

@anomalia sending you strenght and lots of hugs!! :muscle: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :heart: :hugs:

As for the car accident, don’t be pessimistic…you’re a new driver and will get experience and confidence in time… :wink:

4 Likes