General Movies & Series Discussion

I don’t know about where you live, but here in the states, ET was the “classic” family movie by Steven Spielberg…Also, when we took the kids to Disneyland a few years ago, they have the “ET” ride, where you sit in a “bike” and ride through the sky with the full moon behind you…
Disney is one place, in my opinion, every kids should go at least once in their life.
Yes it’s VERY expensive which is why most people do it only once or twice, again only in my opinion…

1 Like

I have seen the first three and parts of 4. Mostly, I like them because of the music (they have some artists that I like) and yes, the second one is the best out of all of them.

I would like to watch the rest of them to see how bad they become, especially on the last one, The Final Chapter.

1 Like

YES…!!..lol…Worlds End…!!..Yes, I not only are we LP Soldiers, BUT ALSO movie people…!!..I watch so many movies, I literally live on Amazon Prime & Netflix, along with a few internet sites for movies…
Oh, can you explain what you meant by the different colors of the movies…??..the packaging…??

1 Like

Liked the Cornetto triolgy too and hot fuzz the most.
At least I think so, watched them when the kids were small. Small kids mum and brain cells, no link there.
But I remember the beginning from shaun of the dead. Loved that. As he walked around and just didn’t realise that every one else was a zombie.
I can so relate to that!!!

But I like zombie movies anyway.
Love TWD, 28 days later, world war Z
Liked zombieland, warm bodies
Really loved Cargo with the great Martin Freeman
Also liked bird box, just the ending sucks.

1 Like

This, the first 3 or 4 had good music, the last few moved away from the hard rock and for more traditional orchestral pieces. Still decent though. I thought I’d seen all of them, but it turns out I watched the first and last ones for the first time.

Amazon Prime is pure shit. All the good stuff is still paid. I check the availability of all the films I watch on AP, they’re usually all paid, so I have to resort to semi-legal streaming sites. I only have AP for The Grand Tour.

Cornetto ice creams make an appearance in three of the films, that’s why it’s called the Cornetto trilogy. In Shaun Of The Dead, characters eat strawberry cornettos because the red represents the blood in the film. In Hot Fuzz they eat regular chocolate Cornettos which come in blue wrappers, the blue represents the police. In World’s End, the mint Cornetto makes an appearance, which is green, the green represents the aliens.

SOTD:

HF:

WE:
https://medias.spotern.com/spots/w640/12891-1532336916.jpg

3 Likes

OMG…see, live and learn. And I thought I was a big movie buff…that’s so frkn interesting. Would never even thought about the diff movies with diff colors, Holy shitbombs Batman…!!!..lol…

3 Likes

planning to watch :smiley:

2 Likes

Paul is good flick…Personally, I really dig every movie those 2 are in. I’m mean, how can you NOT like them…???..I was always also a big fan of “Into the Badlands” from the start. But when Nick Frost joined the cast, that was it…!!..OMG he’s sooooo good on the show, my man
“ Bajie “…!!!..If any of my fellow LP Soldiers haven’t watched the series yet, you really have to start from season 1 or you’ll be totally lost…adios for now, mi amigos…

Decided to rewatch the Mummy trilogy over the past three days. The first two are as great as I remember them, the last is as terrible as I remember it.

3 Likes

First two are childhood treasures lol

They suck for not having the chick in the third for starters

1 Like

The first two didn’t take themselves seriously and all the characters were great. In the third, everything was hollow.

Agreed

1 Like

I watched the newest mummy movie. I’ll never watch another mummy movie again!! It was so stupid, I even forgot the movie title (displaced it I guess, for my brain’s safety reasons lol).

I LOVE the first two Mummy movies. I haven’t seen the third one and the new one with Tom Cruise

2 Likes

Big mistake, that film was god awful. If you haven’t seen the original 1999 one, I highly recommend it, it’s NOTHING like the new one.

It’s not great, I wouldn’t recommend it, though I wouldn’t blame you if you want to watch it for completion’s sake.

Do yourself a favour and stay the hell away.

Agreed, last Mummy Movie was sooooo bad, my opinion only…Agreed also that the 1st two with Brendan Frasier was very good…!!..cheers and many thank to all for my Birthday Wishes…!!!..luv u guys…Peace…

4 Likes

I’m hyped for the Star Wars Episode 9 trailer, coming out later today!

Edit: here it is!

2 Likes

Did you watch ET? Thoughts?

Not yet, I’ll put it on my to watch list :smile:

1 Like

IiiiiTS OUUUUUUUUUUT!!! :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

1 Like