General Movies & Series Discussion

This is the bit that made no sense to me, they jump to that out of nowhere.

This bit also made no sense, I don’t see how it was a success.

I might re-watch the film at some point, but it was just badly written. Not much happening for most of the film and then everything happens out of nowhere. Like the weather people on the news saying there will be rain later in the day, but instead of it raining, a tsunami hits.

You’re right, it was much happening and I agree I had to focus to understand what was happening (thanks to your warning). But I don’t think it’s such a badly written movie, I think it was on purpose.
We’re so spoiled by watching brainwasher movies of type Jurassic Park and Pacific Rim that we expect everything to be clear right away. It is a movie that requires quite a lot of thinking, remembering and noticing little details. No brainwasher lol :smiley: My kind of a movie :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh by the way, I watched Jurassic Park 2 and it’s a brainwasher :laughing:

And if anyone here’s a good sci-fi lover and didn’t see the series Altered Carbon yet, I really recommend it, it’s really good :slight_smile: Good characters, good story, perfect main character! The end is a little bit overreacted but it’s one of the best sci-fi series I’ve seen in the last couple of years.

1 Like

If you want other good, well-written, sci-fi thrillers, watch Moon, Ex-Machina and Arrival. All great films.

2 Likes

Thank you @mish3lka for the alert! I still have to watch the movie… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll definitely watch them! :slight_smile: I think I saw Arrival, I liked it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Moon is probably my fav film. Excellent OST too.

1 Like

Oh now I google and I see that I also watched Ex-Machina, it was also a very good movie :slight_smile: I didn’t see Moon :slight_smile:

@the_termin8r maybe you’ll like 12 Monkeys and Contact :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m yet to watch 12 Monkeys, never heard of Contact, will look into it.

It’s an old movie, but it’s quite good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just seen the trailers for:

X Men Dark Phoenix,
The New Mutants,
Glass,
Avengers: Endgame,
JOHN WICK 3!!!
Shazam,
Captain Marvel,
Hellboy,
Edit - Men In Black International

And a short teaser of Ghostbusters with the Original group!!!
THese are the movies I’m looking to seeing this year!! :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Will never understand the hype behind those films.

1 Like

Keanu Reeves’ career lifeline :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the list! I want to watch these, too!!! :))

@the_termin8r but John Wick movies are funny!!! :smiley: You cannot take such movies seriously :smiley: And yes, Keanu Reeves :)))))

3 Likes

This. The first one was alright, but it seems it’s becoming just one big killing show after the other.

They’re too generic and boring and the plots are stupid, even by action movie standards. The first one was him going on a killing spree because his car was stolen and dog killed. The second was hin going on a spree because he didn’t hold up his end of a deal. The third will probably be about him going on a spree because a cafe gave him a latte instead of an espresso.

Ohhhh but that’s IMPORTANT!! :crazy_face: :joy: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah anyone would commit a massacre because of that

1 Like

I’m looking forward to this year for movies. :+1::+1::metal::metal:

1 Like

I wouldn’t, as I’ve said before, to me coffee is just a hot brown liquid you put in your mouth.