For the petrolheads

:star_struck: sweeeeet! :joy::joy:

Over the holidays I saw a Ferrari and lambo Parker at the mall advertising a small company that lets you drive them on a track :thinking: I’m super tempted to do it just to have the opportunity to drive one but driving a rally car in mud/dirt is another of their options and it sounds like so much more fun :sweat_smile: and muuuch cheaper :joy::sweat_smile: the vid reminded me of that :grin:

1 Like

Try it!! I would do straight away! :star_struck: :grin:

1 Like

I want to! :sweat_smile::grin: it’s just expensive :face_with_hand_over_mouth: so it will be like for my birthday or something to validate the expense :joy::crazy_face:

1 Like

Your bday is in September… :frowning:

Yeah, there’s all kinds of track days available here. A rally car would be seriously hard if you have no experience with off-road driving, but it would be a serious blast. Rally cars have some savage acceleration because of their gearing, but pathetic top speeds.

1 Like

Aye but it would be loads more fun lol I’ve only had minor experience screwing around mudding like an idiot or pushing it on dirt roads :crazy_face: that feeling when the car slips out from under you is indescribable though :joy: it’s why I’d prefer the rally vs just going fast on a lambo or something

2 Likes

:scream: Be careful!!

Writing a longterm review of a small fun car for a Norwegian Car magazine atm. 15471087261898684968567346680731|375x500

Sweet, is auto industry journalism your speciality? :star_struck:
Maybe share if we can read it :thinking::joy: or you could always teach us Norwegian and have our final exam be reading your review :thinking: lol

3 Likes

haha! No not really, in my dayjob I sell computerequipment to larger companies around Europe.
I’ve been shooting pictures of cars for years and done a couple of reviews along the way, I’m a pretty fast learner on a track so that has opened a couple of doors along the way :slight_smile:

2019-01-10_10-33-35
Reviewed this at Nurburgring GP. 8 hours on the track.

2019-01-10_10-32-52
Bizarre day in Vegas

2019-01-10_10-32-23
Spa

LRM_EXPORT_45711853175835_20190110_103116602

LRM_EXPORT_45696068504483_20190110_103100818

LRM_EXPORT_45677431539903_20190110_103042181

3 Likes

Beautiful photos!! :heart_eyes:

Audi is one of my favourites :shushing_face: :grin:

1 Like

The R8 used to be my fav car for a long time. The Mk1 GT (the one in the pic) is when they started to get quick, before that they were fast, but didn’t break the 200.

2 Likes

My dreamcar! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’d say aim higher. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The R8 was a good drive, but it actually wasnt that exciting, it still sounds and drives like an Audi. Safe and composed.
i drove a Porsche Cayman and an old NSX around the Nordschleife the day after and they were both much more exciting. The R8 is nice, flashy car you can daily drive.

1 Like

If you’ve got serious money to burn and want to daily drive a supercar, go McLaren. They’re blisteringly fast, have space, are suprisingly comfortable (from what I’ve heard) and pretty reliable. The 720S is a destroyer of worlds, but I’m partial to the classic F1.

Pics of the 2020 Supra are out, not that there hadn’t been lol but clearer ones I suppose
Love the front, hate the back and have no clue on specs

Wow, so the rumours were true, the FT1 VGT really did become the new supra. Never been a fan of the Supra, especially in the looks department. This one looks like a GT86 that’s been in some horrific industrial accident.

The FT1 that they designed for Gran Turismo 6 looked bloody amazing. But it was only a concept and it drove like sh*t in the game. If the Supra looked identical to this and went like the super-tuned beasts that turners make, it would be epic.

EDIT: It’s the FT1 in the pics in case people are confused.

https://preview2.netcarshow.com/Toyota-FT-1_Concept-2014-ig.jpg

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification lol
The FT1 is sharper, the pics of the Supra online are much more rounded, less aggressive :frowning:
For a second, I thought the FT1 WAS the one that was in production :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The FT1 is longer, has a longer bonnet and a more elegant roof-line, especially at the back.

1 Like