First Meet and Greet

No just one meet and greet per person! I have that problem with me and my husband if you read up in the thread… I would feel bad if one of us got one and not the other =o(

Im new to the LPU membership and exactly how do you get to be in the meet n greet? Selected, signed up…?

thanks, rob

I’m sure everyone is nervous to meet the guys for the first time. I met Mike twice before I even got a M&G through LPU. It was at his art shows in LA, he was really sweet though, so it’s easy to calm down once you actually get to be around the guys.

I didn’t really get to talk to them much at my first M&G, they pretty much hurried us along in the line because we were already running late, but I did get to shake Chester’s hand before i had to move on :).

[quote=Robster27]Im new to the LPU membership and exactly how do you get to be in the meet n greet? Selected, signed up…?

thanks, rob[/quote]

From what I hear it’s like the lottery! It’s random because I know people that have been more than once. It’s all luck of the draw. You go to events on the bottom of any LPU page and then look for your concert venue and then select “MEET AND GREET” instead of buy tickets and then you click sign up and cross your fingers! And may the odds be ever in your favor.

[quote=Cassandra Davenport]I’m sure everyone is nervous to meet the guys for the first time. I met Mike twice before I even got a M&G through LPU. It was at his art shows in LA, he was really sweet though, so it’s easy to calm down once you actually get to be around the guys.

I didn’t really get to talk to them much at my first M&G, they pretty much hurried us along in the line because we were already running late, but I did get to shake Chester’s hand before i had to move on :).
[/quote]

I’m pretty sure I will be fine. I’m sitting here a little more calm after hearing everyone’s comments =o)

I am thinking about what I wanna ask the guys but I hope that it doesn’t get rushed cuz that would be sucky. Yeah he seems the most genuine about meeting people.

I have a question. I signed my family up for LPU and have 4 people under the one email address so when I sign up for the meet and greet will it be for one person? Should I have bought the 4 LPU passes under each of their email addresses? It would be a bummer if I only get a pass for one of us. I would have to be like sorry kids mom is going in!!! LOL

[quote=Irene_K]So I know I didn’t win a meet and greet yet but this is my first year in LPU but I’ve been a fan forever and I can’t believe I didn’t join til now…

Just the thought of meeting the guys and shaking their hand… I am nervous at the thought!

When I was a tween/teenager, the only thing I was really into was Debbie Gibson and Beverly Hills 90210 but I was too young to be into meeting celebrities and going for autograph signings!

Then in High School, I went through some really hard times and didn’t have much interest in much. I wish Linkin Park was around when I was in high school… so what I’m trying to say is that I feel silly for being so nervous about meeting the people who have had a huge impact on my life! I feel like a teeny bopper at a justin bieber concert or something. Not that I’m gonna shriek when I meet them, but I feel kinda weird at my age to be so nervous about meeting such a close group of friends that were lucky enough to have a successful band!

I am really hoping that I get to meet the guys once in my life. I wish I didn’t hold out on joining LPU because I could’ve at least had a guaranteed meet and greet but what can you do right?

SO EXCITED I had to write about it!!![/quote]

I was the same way with my first m&g. When I got the email, I squealed like a little teeny bopper, lol. Then, I could barely sleep all week long. Especially the night before the concert! When I got to the show and it was time for the m&g, I was standing in line with a bunch of LPU members just talking and stuff, and when they let us back to meet the guys, I couldn’t stop giggling. Like in between talking to them about how awesome it was to meet them I couldn’t quit giggling. I didn’t get much time to talk with them, but Joe, Mike, and Chester were the ones I talked the most with. Joe was funny, I asked Mike if he could sign “happy birthday Chasidy!” on a CD for my friend since it was her birthday and she didn’t get a m&g, and he spelled her name wrong haha. And Chester said I was rad. I don’t think I’ll ever forget that, lol.

Yeah, if you win a M&G it’s only good for one person (unless they’re under 13, then a parent can go with them) and they are non-transferable so it has to be the person of the account that won. You can sign up your whole family for their own LPU accounts but you won’t necessarily all win a M&G.

meeting LP was the most amazing and scariest moment in my life! I wanted to turn back but luckily two random LPUers asked me to stay! But when I was standing in front of the table I forget those bad things and I was in heaven! I remember that Mike and I had a good conversation and they all were very nice! they looked into my eyes and smiled me back :slight_smile:
and the handshake was strong and long :slight_smile:

[quote=LinkinLayra]meeting LP was the most amazing and scariest moment in my life! I wanted to turn back but luckily two random LPUers asked me to stay! But when I was standing in front of the table I forget those bad things and I was in heaven! I remember that Mike and I had a good conversation and they all were very nice! they looked into my eyes and smiled me back :slight_smile:
and the handshake was strong and long :)[/quote]

I hope I am lucky to meet the guys one day. I am a fan for life so I can’t wait! Thanks to everyone for all your feedback and support!

I was still nervous at the thought of buying tickets for their LA show. I was actually willing to shell out money for the vip, but it’s just not my time to meet them!

Hi,
I was just wandering if you know… I signed up for meet and greet in Chula Vista. When will I know if I’m selected or not? How much in advance do the notify us? I read somewhere that they notify you 3 hours prior to the event where to go if you’re selected, is that it? Only three hours, or they tell you prior?
I would really like to know. I can’t wait to see if I’m selected or not!!!
Thank you.

[quote=Tatjana]Hi,
I was just wandering if you know… I signed up for meet and greet in Chula Vista. When will I know if I’m selected or not? How much in advance do the notify us? I read somewhere that they notify you 3 hours prior to the event where to go if you’re selected, is that it? Only three hours, or they tell you prior?
Thank you.
[/quote]

You get an email one week up to three days before the event letting you know you have been selected. From what I have heard they let you know about the exact details such as where and time up to three hours before the show.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Yup, they tell you exactly where to meet (“under the stairs in the lobby”) and at exactly what time.

Don’t be nervous! They are the most mellow, down-to-earth people you will meet. In my opinion, Phoenix is the best at easing nervousness but they are all very cool. I’ve talked to Chester a few times at non-LP events and he is very gracious and personable even in those settings (when he doesn’t have to be). Basically, I think their realness is actually legit and not a put-on. So…don’t be nervous!

I’ve never done a full band meet & greet. I’ve met Mike 3 separate times, at all 3 of his art show openings. I met Mr. Hahn at Mike’s first art show as well. Mike was really cool, really nice. I’d love to meet the other band members someday.

[quote=James]Yup, they tell you exactly where to meet (“under the stairs in the lobby”) and at exactly what time.

Don’t be nervous! They are the most mellow, down-to-earth people you will meet. In my opinion, Phoenix is the best at easing nervousness but they are all very cool. I’ve talked to Chester a few times at non-LP events and he is very gracious and personable even in those settings (when he doesn’t have to be). Basically, I think their realness is actually legit and not a put-on. So…don’t be nervous![/quote]

Thanks James! Everyone has been so nice on my forum post and I hope I get to meet them soon…

A lot of your M&G questions can be answered here → http://lpunderground.com/users/adam/blogs/2382233

I’m signed up for the Chicago M&G for the upcoming tour so I hope I get in! Erika and Irene_ you both commented that you were signed up as well. Hopefully I’ll see you there :slight_smile:

[quote=jlmccle]A lot of your M&G questions can be answered here → http://lpunderground.com/users/adam/blogs/2382233

I’m signed up for the Chicago M&G for the upcoming tour so I hope I get in! Erika and Irene_ you both commented that you were signed up as well. Hopefully I’ll see you there :)[/quote]

Sounds good! Can’t wait! I hope we get picked!

[quote=Irene_][quote=Tatjana]Hi,
Thank you.

So… I got to meet members of Linkin Park on Friday May 18, 2012 at the private concert at House of Blues in West Hollywood, California.

Originally I only had General Admission tickets and with that I knew I should already be grateful considering how fast the show sold out. Days later, I was able to get VIP tickets which included a preshow with members of Linkin Park. Coming from Chicago, I wanted to make the most of my time there and it seemed like the opportunity of a lifetime!

Once we got to the VIP room, Joe and Phoenix entered the room. Phoenix took some pics with the people from “We care for solar” in the Power the World initiative. He took some pics with some people and then I greeted him and said “Hey Phoenix.” He said “Hi, how are you?” I said “GREAT!” then i proceeded to make conversation with him. i told him " I wanted to thank you for your random tweets. Because one day you asked people what they were doing and a girl said debating what colors to paint her nails. and he told her “linkin park after dark” so I said “because of you I found out about linkin park after dark nail polish which I’m wearing.” I also happen to love the color. He then said in a funny way like a friend would say “but that color’s been around a long time!” and then I said “yeah but because of you I found out about it! so thanks!” Then I asked him if he preferred Dave or Phoenix. Then he said “what do you prefer” . I said with a big smile “PHOENIX!” then i asked if he could take a picture and sign my VIP lanyard…

meet_phoenix

ahhh! he was so nice to talk with me for a couple minutes… =o)

Joe also went around the room giving giving high fives. Here he’s giving me a high five but I’m not in the pic. My husband Jason is on the right smiling and looking back at me get my high five. someone asked him if he could get an autograph and then he said “Not right now, high fives first!” He made sure to go around the room to everyone.

hahn_five

Meet Joe Hahn

My husband and I talked with him for a few minutes but he wanted to get around the room since the time was so limited. I was just fortunate to meet both of them and one of my band crushes Phoenix!!!

I also met ROB in the VIP room after the show but forgot to take a pic with him. I approached him and shook his hand. I introduced myself and told him what a big fan I was. He was very quiet and shy just like I heard he was. Apparently he still isn’t used to being a rock star that he is!

Thanks to everyone for calming my nerves and letting me know not to worry. I hope I get to meet everyone again and Chester, Mike, and Brad at the Summit in Jersey. Although, I know we don’t get photo opportunites at meet and greets so I consider myself very lucky. It’s a day I will never forget. I just wanted to share my experience with all of you.