Drawing (with tutorials)

soon - 18 april

Part 4
Looking at the night sky, we can see stars. We can draw them like this:

And this will also be a star .Detailing! The whole matter is about the detail. The most complex shape can be simplified to the most primitive. This is the basis of Everything - from drawing to quantum physics.
I can draw a man this way:

or that:

but in any case it will be a man. The first one is primitive, and the second one is also primitive, but with the addition of a large number of primitive components.
Knowing that everything is made up of simple shapes, we can build anything. It’s due to the separation of any figure on simple forms, we can easier understand how to give it some volume and how it can be built in general. Exactly the details determine originality of the picture.

And now it’s gonna be very interesting - we will create a tree of abstract doodles. Try to draw something like a cartoon cloud - a shape with soft edges. Do not draw symmetric - it’s boring. Now, focusing on the edge of your doodle, draw circles, ellipses or something amorphous
inside of it.Break this figure into several small pieces.
Creating line art, try to give it volume. We will hatch upwards only. Imagine a small hatching-border. Find the lower contour and begin to hatch - only from the bottom up! It’s clear, that we can not hatch vertical lines, because they are also vertical, the same as your hatching. Finished with doodles, draw its trunk - you got an abstract cartoon-tree. Also, in all forms, we can put the spring.

1 Like

Part 5
Now we will try to draw a Valentine’s Day greeting cards.The first one will be with a flamingo.

1. Take a sheet of paper and mark the required format with a rectangular area. Now’s the fun part - we need to divide this area into 6 equal squares (if you have a square card) or rectangles (if you have a rectangular card). How can this be done? With a ruler, you might say. Yes, that’s an option.But best do it by eye - you’re not going to use a ruler for drawing, are you?
    What is this grid? This is called a compositional grid. It responds for the drawing to be beautiful. If I locate the flamingo in the bottom right corner, it will be a lot of empty space on the card, and it will not look nice. It is considered that the most “interesting” part should be located at the crossing of the lines. We can arrange our flamingo like this or like that:

Or this way, but in this case there is a lot of empty space out there, and it will look ugly. Our goal is to position the flamingo so that the space was filled evenly. If not, then it is necessary to add something into the remaining space, some element. This may be either a part of the flamingo, that is, the foreground, or a part of the background.

I chose the composition, in which there will remain free space, which I’m gonna fill with something.
  2. Next, we have to put the necks of our flamingos so, as to have shapes with curves, without any angularity.
  3. Now draw a beak. It’s easy to remember, it is enough to look at the photo of aliving flamingos. But since we do a cartoon flamingo, we will move from reality and make the beak with a bend as if the bird is smiling.

4. Similarly, according to the reference (original photo of a flamingo), check where the eyes should be located, because all the birds have them set differently.
  5. Add a smooth transition from the form into the other form.
  6. Add the missing element of the composition, to create a balance in the image.

(colored ballpoint pens)
    Likewise, I created these pictures. Simple forms, a lot of simple forms, which are formed in a complex form.

Owls
Let’s consider an option of drawing owls. The bottom third is filled with wings and body. The upper third is for the head and face. Right owl occupies two-thirds of the picture, and the left one takes one-third. This is called the rule of thirds when the composition is constructed by the grid 3 on 3. Also in the photographing, if you shoot landscapes, with a composition based on the sky, then the sky should take 2/3 of the composition. And if your composition is based on an interesting landscape, the sky will occupy only 1/3 of the pic.
Everything is simple.

1 Like

Line-art

My versions of coloring

1 Like

Wow it has been ages since I drew anything decent but this thread sure is inspiring. Thanks for this.

1 Like

@coon: I´m on my knees, how love-full and inspiring are you? YOU´RE LIKE :heartbeat:

1 Like

I glad to hear it! Drawing from no age limit. If you want to draw, then you need to draw :pencil2::relaxed:

LPU inspires me :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Here’s a crappy drawing I made last year… Drew it by hand and then colored it on computer.

1 Like

Soooo sexy :smile: And you made composition is correct :+1:

Thank you :blush:

me too, lol, bu @gatsie can´t see ya pic, your drawing, theres onlya withe field :cry:, but we all agree: special art to speak to whomever, this drawing…lol, ahh ok I got the pic lol :joy: at gatsie, your TOYBOY? DOES HE SLEEP UNDER YOUR BED OR IN YA CUPBOARRD? LOL; but the artistic aspect: Great work my friend @gatsie

I indeed have a blue bear under my bed, how did you know?

2 Likes

Blue bear inspired to drawing? cool :smiley:

What Inspirates you @Coon

LPU (I wrote about it in the comments on this topic.). Linkin Park for me is a big strong bundle of energy. Mad energy. When I became LPU-member, I plunged into this energy)) is … some interchange. Endless.Now I understand why LP is so fond fans))
And if you mean personal work, this is my way of communicating with the world. I am a humble person, and in my head there are a lot of ideas and thoughts. Very ) I was always outside of society, I do not know why. I have great difficulty to communicate with people, because a lot of emotions in me that are fall out out. I do not know why I have so many emotions))) So my emotions appearing on paper. All my art`s is my seamy side.

a! I forgot to write- I f#cking love to help people. I scared when I think that I am “a useless person”. I can not sit back, I can not be lazy. It is the curse :smile:

I was hoping to see this in action, but this never came to fruition:

But this requires introductory theme. It remained the last - the laws of perspective.

1 Like

Hi @coon, are we supposed to practise on? I used the new “knowing” of mine to paint several pics, the last one for the Valentines day today, for my husband, lol, but the shadow tutorial even with the expl to the lines, harder pen or softer one, lol, thanx for thaat and a hopefully happy valenines day to ya…lol :relaxed:

1 Like