Dead By Sunrise or Fort Minor?

Which band do you prefer guys?
I have to pick Dead By Sunrise, they’re just awesome, i totally love their lyrics, my favourite one is absolutely Fire

for me it’s dead by sunrise, it’s my favourite band [heart], when i heard OOA, it was like i found something that i was always searching for, espacially the song INTO YOU

both.
I was on a fort minor trip a long time - then dbs … and now it depends on what i want to listen to and what my mind says

Can’t choose between the two. Maybe I find myself listening to FM a little bit more since I’m a hip hop fan but both are awesome.

1 Like

I prefer Fort Minor, because I like almost every song by them and DBS just doesn’t fit into my music style. FM songs also don’t all sound identically … DBS songs are so similar to each other, but every FM recording rocks so much, that you could almost say they are a rock band [lol]

I’m used to like rock more than hip hop/rap, but somehow I like FM more … can’t really explain.

[quote=Jats]I prefer Fort Minor, because I like almost every song by them and DBS just doesn’t fit into my music style. FM songs also don’t all sound identically … DBS songs are so similar to each other, but every FM recording rocks so much, that you could almost say they are a rock band [lol]

I’m used to like rock more than hip hop/rap, but somehow I like FM more … can’t really explain.[/quote]

i think you might think so because its nearly all chester emotions about his divorce … so you cannot make a happy super duper song out of sad memories xD

Well, that’s almost my point.
I think it’s more about that I don’t feel anything, Chester is singing or trying to show with the songs. It’s like he just sings some stuff and that’s it. It doesn’t get me into it … FM songs are more intense.

[quote=Jats][quote=LinkinParkForever275]
i think you might think so because its nearly all chester emotions about his divorce … so you cannot make a happy super duper song out of sad memories xD
[/quote]

Well, that’s almost my point.
I think it’s more about that I don’t feel anything, Chester is singing or trying to show with the songs. It’s like he just sings some stuff and that’s it. It doesn’t get me into it … FM songs are more intense.[/quote]

Maybe you don’t have that much experience than he does :wink: No offensive! I really really can get into that Songs! Especially when he sings " i’m a man whos tradegies have been replaced with memories tattoed upon my soul

i saw both in live, FM is good but hip hop music is not really what i usually listen; DBS is my favourite, i do love their songs ( and Ryan and Elias are just great guys!! really nice with fans)

From Spain, FORT MINOR without any doubt…

[quote=LinkinParkForever275][
Maybe you don’t have that much experience than he does :wink: No offensive! I really really can get into that Songs! Especially when he sings " i’m a man whos tradegies have been replaced with memories tattoed upon my soul
[/quote]

hmm … I didn’t really phrase it the right way.
Of course I understand the lyrics, his feelings and everything he want’s to express with that, but I … I just don’t really like the implementation of the whole thing, you know ? Good lyrics is just one part … but to create a nice melody and music to that is a different thing and I find that FM did this better.
For example … My Suffering … Chester kind of screams the shit out of him, but the songs starts so happy sounding, that I can’t even imagine it addresses a bad topic. I miss this even darker sound that I’m used to know by Chester … maybe that’s my point … I stillt don’t really know ^^

I personally prefer Fort Minor. That CD is still on repeat in my car and i bought it years ago.
The song “Kenji” still gives me the chills and listening to “Remember the name” never fails to put me in a good mood.

[quote=Mitchel]I personally prefer Fort Minor. That CD is still on repeat in my car and i bought it years ago.
The song “Kenji” still gives me the chills and listening to “Remember the name” never fails to put me in a good mood.[/quote]

Kenji is my absolut favourite song of the album!!

[quote=Jats][quote=LinkinParkForever275][
[/quote]

hmm … I didn’t really phrase it the right way.
Of course I understand the lyrics, his feelings and everything he want’s to express with that, but I … I just don’t really like the implementation of the whole thing, you know ? Good lyrics is just one part … but to create a nice melody and music to that is a different thing and I find that FM did this better.
For example … My Suffering … Chester kind of screams the shit out of him, but the songs starts so happy sounding, that I can’t even imagine it addresses a bad topic. I miss this even darker sound that I’m used to know by Chester … maybe that’s my point … I stillt don’t really know ^^[/quote]

yeah because his suffering got bigger and bigger - thats why the scream :smiley:
well okay :slight_smile: but for me there are some dark sounds on the album. like walking in circles

Fort Minor by a long way for me, I just think the music is better. Im not a fan of Julien-K either.

[quote=Zara]Fort Minor by a long way for me, I just think the music is better. Im not a fan of Julien-K either.

Fort Minor all the way!

I downloaded DBS album off of itunes earlier this year but I prefer FM. Maybe its because I’ve listened to the album longer but I just like it. I do like some songs off DBS “Let Down” is my fave.

I like DBD, because of the music.
But I like FM for its complexity, e.g. how the cellos are recorded on “remember the name”

[quote=Christian]I like DBD, because of the music.
But I like FM for its complexity, e.g. how the cellos are recorded on “remember the name”

I like both. When TRT came out i became a big fan of that and when OOA came out i became a big fan of that, too [smile]
It depends on my mood which one i hear.
I really like all songs but if i have to pick a favorite… Fort Minor wise i love Right now and Kenji, Dead by Sunrise wise i love Into you and Walking in Circles.