Bernuviel's Linkin Park Artworks

Hello dear LP family!

Like most people here, I’ve been a fan of the band since my teenage years. They helped me through the most difficult times in my life.
So I wanted to create a tribute artwork for them. And then I ended up drawing a few more… xD

You might have seen my big tribute artwork and the letter to them on social media before.
I drew it to express my grief, but also my gratitude for this fantastic band. When they announced the Hollywood Bowl show (last October), I was already working on the drawing and finished it just in time.
It was a challenge to draw, emotionally and artistically. It took me 120 hours of hard work and I’m quite happy how it turned out. Especially the instruments and Chester’s tattoos were a challenge.
It’s the most important artwork I’ve ever drawn. I hope, you like it! :blush:

https://img00.deviantart.net/4e3c/i/2018/038/3/6/leave_out_all_the_rest_by_bernuviel-dbrsaqw.jpg

"Dear Linkin Park

I was a shy little girl
I got bullied a lot in school and art was my only outlet
I felt different from everybody else
One day I saw a music video on TV
There was a girl who was just like me
The beautiful song gave me new hope
And suddenly I didn’t feel so alone anymore
You saved me

I grew older and my problems got worse
I developed anxiety and depression
But even in my darkest times I had your music
It picked me up whenever I was feeling down
Listening to your songs made me strong
You saved me

At long last I got to see you live in concert
There I was, the shy girl, amongst 60’000 people
Singing at the top of my lungs with tears in my eyes
And it was the happiest day of my life
You saved me

Chester, it broke my heart when you died
And I wasn’t the only one
It seemed like the world stopped turning
Because you weren’t just anybody, you were our hero
Your voice gave hope, strength and courage to millions
You saved us

Mike, Brad, Rob, Joe and Dave
Even in this tragedy you were there for us
Honoring Chester’s legacy of spreading love
You united people all over the world
This is so much more than just music, this is family

Thank you Linkin Park
We love you so much
And we are with you - now and forever!"

26 Likes

Beautiful

1 Like

Wow so so beautiful

1 Like

Nice work :grinning:

1 Like

I love it! :heart::heart:

1 Like

Hello
your drawn is very nice and I find myself in many things that you wrote.
Unfortunately, my heart and mind continue to be afflicted by the loss of Chester. Fortunately, dear and sweet Mike was able to compose so he keeps me company with his music and I feel less alone and abandoned.
Se you sono, ciao

2 Likes

Thank you all so much for the kind words! It means the world to me. :blush:

@StregaLis: I’m sorry that you feel like this and I completely understand you. There are times, when looking at old pictures or listening to LP songs that I tear up, because it still hurts so much. And I can absolutely not listen to One More Light & Looking For An Answer.
Post Traumatic is such a wonderful, healing album. I’m so grateful Mike shares this difficult journey with us!
Please know that you’re not alone. You’ve got the LP family and we are always there for each other. We owe that to Chester, right? #MakeChesterProud

2 Likes

That’s beautiful

1 Like

Ciao Bernuviel
Thanks for your words of comfort, you’re very dear and kind … I too can not hear One more light … it’s too excruciating!
LpFamily is warm but I’m not good at expressing my feelings … In fact it was the first time I could respond to a message. This is because what you had written had struck me particularly … I’m not very technological and social👵🏼
Thanks again and good continuation
Ciao

1 Like

Hey StregaLis, that’s absolutely okay. We all express our feelings differently and not everybody is super-social. To some people it’s helpful to just lurk and read other LP fan’s lovely comments!
I feel honored that you liked my message so much that you answered it. I’m sending you lots of strength and love. We’ll all get through this together! :pray:

1 Like

Amazing. You are very talented. Thank you for your words they echo my feelings completely. Staying strong is so hard but with our LP family we all work together. Take care.

1 Like

Thank you so much @charlieb8 ! :blush:
It’s amazing how millions of people feel similar about this band. They really are one of a kind. And so is their fandom. I’m so glad to be a part of the LP family!
Please take care too. You got this! :pray:

Amazing, way to go

1 Like

Thank you all for the lovely comments so far! I’m glad you like my art. :blush:
As mentioned before, I didn’t stop drawing after one tribute artwork.
I just had to make another one for a certain duo.

"A new band rose to success in the early 2000’s. They were a bunch of young guys with crazy hair and way too big clothes. Yet their sound was something I’ve never heard before – an amazing combination of rock, hip hop and electronica. I thought they were the coolest band ever!
Another unusual thing were the two lead singers: A heavy metal guy and a rapper! With a higher-pitched, passionate voice versus a deep, calm one. Despite being so different, these two voices were a perfect match. They guided so many teenagers like me through our most difficult times: Screaming out our anger, comforting our sadness, easing our pain.
These singers were also very thoughtful and committed people, using their platform to help others in need, spreading kindness, compassion and love. I couldn’t have wished for better role models. And those awesome guys also happened to be best friends.

I dedicate this artwork to the most iconic duo and voices of a whole generation:
Chester Bennington and Mike Shinoda, the vocalists of Linkin Park.
Thank you for sharing your impressive voices, your unique friendship and your hearts of gold with the world – you made it a better place."

7 Likes

I do t know why but the teeth at the front (the fangs) on Chester and Mike reminds me of vampires. Also, I love it! :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Thank you @raz7!
Haha yeah, I made the teeth quite pointy on purpose, to show their rebellious “rock’n’roll” side. :joy:

1 Like

It’s absolutely beautiful and came from your soul. What light you shine.

1 Like

In celebration of todays release of Post Traumatic!
I love this album so much. :two_hearts:

And my little message of gratitude for Mike.
There is something special about it. :wink:

9 Likes

that’s wonderful great job

2 Likes