Bad atmosphere?

I’m just wondering is it just me or do you see that sometimes here it’s quite bad atmosphere between LPUers? I don’t say that everybody has but I have seen lot of negativity and bitching to other members and lpu system.

for me some LPUers are my second family and I have nothing to complain about!
I’m just wondering what’s wrong with everything? we should remember all the good things here!

True. Previous years wasn’t like this. LPU11 is…different. I hope things will change.

Depends…

Most of the time it’s only people who want more attention that begin to ‘‘bitch’’ on others.

Some LPUers (like me!!! :D) are always sympathetic with others, while some are just pure trolls. This is when you must classify every person and know who to ignore.

I agree!!
Now BEFORE some people whine that I started it (not true maybe some of it yes):

Seriously guys this is a very good thread please let’s just all be nice to another and ENJOY the site!
The reason we all paid for LPU is NOT to bitch in a forum but to feel closer and be nearer to the band we love LINKIN PARK
Let’s focus on this and try to make the Underground the best fan site ever (if it isnt already :))

Blame Stanley, me and few others! TROLOLOLOLO :F We seriously shouldn’t get to eachother throats, though bitching about LPU is not that bad. I mean there are some things that we shouldn’t be angry about (LPU bundle, guaranteed m&g - first come first served) but other things like FORUM ISSUES that still haven’t been solved? Hell yeah!

And btw Stanley, sorry if I offended You the other day.

[quote=michalangelo]Blame Stanley, me and few others! TROLOLOLOLO :F We seriously shouldn’t get to eachother throats, though bitching about LPU is not that bad. I mean there are some things that we shouldn’t be angry about (LPU bundle, guaranteed m&g - first come first served) but other things like FORUM ISSUES that still haven’t been solved? Hell yeah!

[/quote]

Mike? What did u do man?! :smiley:

[quote=michalangelo]Blame Stanley, me and few others! TROLOLOLOLO :F We seriously shouldn’t get to eachother throats, though bitching about LPU is not that bad. I mean there are some things that we shouldn’t be angry about (LPU bundle, guaranteed m&g - first come first served) but other things like FORUM ISSUES that still haven’t been solved? Hell yeah!

I really hope everything’s gonna be alright :slight_smile:

I hope too. Until now(but i am member only since last friday) i must not suffer under the bad atmosphere and i hope i will never do it.

I agree, Layra and my thread I made last week or so had my views on this. Very similar to yours.

This thread = complaining about complaining.
Practice what you preach and let the sleeping dogs lie. You’ve started a new thread after I’ve already seen an apology thread or two. By bringing it up again, you’re not solving the problem.

Also, this post = complaining about complaining about complaining, but a triple negative doesn’t cancel itself out, bahaha.

LPU has always been like this. Sometimes its warranted and sometimes it’s not. Sometimes it’s pointless complaining and sometimes it’s a good wholesome argument. Without em it’d be really boring anyway. The reality is that argument is a constant human state, so just take it in good humor. As soon as you take participants on a Linkin Park forum as serious business, you’ve lost the game. If you’ve gotten angry, it means you’ve been successfully trolled. Learn to laugh with trolls, not spite them.

Really, I’ve noticed the presence of hot debate to be a sign of a healthy forum. It means people are here and participating. Nobody wants to just sing kumbaya and do nothing else. You don’t learn anything from people who always agree with you. You learn from people who are different from you and are willing to call you out on your silliness.

Disagreement is the spice o life.

I’m ok with everyone :slight_smile:

[quote=KATHYxx]This thread = complaining about complaining.
Practice what you preach and let the sleeping dogs lie. You’ve started a new thread after I’ve already seen an apology thread or two. By bringing it up again, you’re not solving the problem.

Also, this post = complaining about complaining about complaining, but a triple negative doesn’t cancel itself out, bahaha.

LPU has always been like this. Sometimes its warranted and sometimes it’s not. Sometimes it’s pointless complaining and sometimes it’s a good wholesome argument. Without em it’d be really boring anyway. The reality is that argument is a constant human state, so just take it in good humor. As soon as you take participants on a Linkin Park forum as serious business, you’ve lost the game. If you’ve gotten angry, it means you’ve been successfully trolled. Learn to laugh with trolls, not spite them.

Really, I’ve noticed the presence of hot debate to be a sign of a healthy forum. It means people are here and participating. Nobody wants to just sing kumbaya and do nothing else. You don’t learn anything from people who always agree with you. You learn from people who are different from you and are willing to call you out on your silliness.

[/quote]

I’m not complaining, I see complaints :smiley:
Like Gonzalo just said I’m ok with everyone but it just feel so bad that people have some troubles. And I’m not saying that I should be a part of other people’s fight and I can’t (I don’t want to) not solving the problems. It’s not my business :slight_smile: i’m just wondering WHY here is quite bad atmosphere.
And sorry LPA Hybrid that I didin’t noticed that there is similar thread.
But thank you KATHYxx for telling me that the presence of hot debate to be a sign of a healthy forum. you gave me a new perspective to watch these things! :slight_smile:

I came here to say exactly this. People clearly weren’t around for the Reanimation drama (“A remix album already? LP have sold out!”). Or the Meteora drama (“This is exactly like Hybrid Theory! LP have sold out!”). Or the withholding of tracks from the Live In Texas DVD to put them on the LPU CD. Or the various trolls like Manson, Krwlng, Dragonfli, Moo3000, Jawknee etc. Or the “hacking” fall-out. Or when the ticket pre-release codes were leaked. Or even when the board was kept in the dark about the future of the LPUX. And when the prices for LPUX were announced.

This board has always had drama and it’s survived through various states of activity. It’s no different to any other.

[quote=KATHYxx]This thread = complaining about complaining.

Well, I’am quite new in the LPU and I don’t know, how was the atmosphere the years before.
But I feel, that most LPUer are polite and respectful. From time to time, there are some inappropriate posts. I guess this authors know itself, that they wrote nonsense. Sometimes feelings running high, for some reasons. And if they would read their own post a view days later, they would be sorry about it. Whatever.

I’am very thankful a) for Linkin Park to support such a great fan club, b) for LPHQ for doing their best to keep things rolling.

Since this is my first LPU year, I can’t compare the atmosphere right now to any other, but I think it’s not that bad. I never asked a question or wrote something that wasn’t answered afterwords, so I think the communication is working ^^
Sometimes, the language and the way the people are argueing are getting a little bit rough, but I think that’s also normal if it doesn’t happen too often. I think a little problematic is, that we all are fans who know a lot about Linkin Park and when it comes to the question who is right and who not, we often are all a little bit too proud to hold on.

The only thing I really didn’t like was all the fuss about the LPU restock, a few weeks ago. Some comments were really dumb and let all of us look very foolish. I hope this ain’t gonna happen again and we gonna have a nice time here.

[quote=Shoegaze4u]Well, I’am quite new in the LPU and I don’t know, how was the atmosphere the years before.
But I feel, that most LPUer are polite and respectful. From time to time, there are some inappropriate posts. I guess this authors know itself, that they wrote nonsense. Sometimes feelings running high, for some reasons. And if they would read their own post a view days later, they would be sorry about it. Whatever.

I’am very thankful a) for Linkin Park to support such a great fan club, b) for LPHQ for doing their best to keep things rolling.[/quote]

Extremly good post! :slight_smile:
You summed it up quite well :slight_smile: We should all be thankful for your a) and b) :smiley:

Oh yes i agree…so many times i have feelings like you. Thats a reason i´m not really in LP-communitys for a long time ago.[smile][lol]

I came here to say exactly this. People clearly weren’t around for the Reanimation drama (“A remix album already? LP have sold out!”). Or the Meteora drama (“This is exactly like Hybrid Theory! LP have sold out!”). Or the withholding of tracks from the Live In Texas DVD to put them on the LPU CD. Or the various trolls like Manson, Krwlng, Dragonfli, Moo3000, Jawknee etc. Or the “hacking” fall-out. Or when the ticket pre-release codes were leaked. Or even when the board was kept in the dark about the future of the LPUX. And when the prices for LPUX were announced.

This board has always had drama and it’s survived through various states of activity. It’s no different to any other.[/quote]

Yep, I remember the same, the Collision Course crap, the Fort Minor crap, the LP-on-hiatus crap… there’s always some sort of crap going on. I used to think ignoring it made it go away. Actually now I think the actual answer is to get used to it or roll with it. The periods where there was peace was when there was quiet: ie, nobody was posting anything. That’s worse.

Sometimes it does get really really bad. Go tell a mod about it then, since clearly by the time they’ve broken a rule by that point.

If there’s no rules broken then it’s fair game. You can participate in the discussion like a civil person, hopefully without being repetitive or annoying. Let there be heated debates. Of course, you participate at your own risk: If you have a opinion, then other people have a right to have an opinion on your opinion. Most people there will make up (and/or make out) later anyway.

If you think you’ve found a troll, go and ignore it or report them. Your participation isn’t mandatory on any particular thread here, you can go post on another one.

Or, realize that since somebody always goes to feed the trolls, sing TROLOLOLOLOL to yourself and countertroll with glee.

What not to do around a troll is get butthurt and get in a serious business argument with them. Then they’ve won and you’ve lost.