Bad atmosphere?

Layra, I wasn’t getting mad that you made another thread, I just wanted to let you know that I completely agree. :slight_smile:

I came here to say exactly this. People clearly weren’t around for the Reanimation drama (“A remix album already? LP have sold out!”). Or the Meteora drama (“This is exactly like Hybrid Theory! LP have sold out!”). Or the withholding of tracks from the Live In Texas DVD to put them on the LPU CD. Or the various trolls like Manson, Krwlng, Dragonfli, Moo3000, Jawknee etc. Or the “hacking” fall-out. Or when the ticket pre-release codes were leaked. Or even when the board was kept in the dark about the future of the LPUX. And when the prices for LPUX were announced.

This board has always had drama and it’s survived through various states of activity. It’s no different to any other.[/quote]

Yep, I remember the same, the Collision Course crap, the Fort Minor crap, the LP-on-hiatus crap… there’s always some sort of crap going on. I used to think ignoring it made it go away. Actually now I think the actual answer is to get used to it or roll with it. The periods where there was peace was when there was quiet: ie, nobody was posting anything. That’s worse.

Sometimes it does get really really bad. Go tell a mod about it then, since clearly by the time they’ve broken a rule by that point.

If there’s no rules broken then it’s fair game. You can participate in the discussion like a civil person, hopefully without being repetitive or annoying. Let there be heated debates. Of course, you participate at your own risk: If you have a opinion, then other people have a right to have an opinion on your opinion. Most people there will make up (and/or make out) later anyway.

If you think you’ve found a troll, go and ignore it or report them. Your participation isn’t mandatory on any particular thread here, you can go post on another one.

Or, realize that since somebody always goes to feed the trolls, sing TROLOLOLOLOL to yourself and countertroll with glee.

What not to do around a troll is get butthurt and get in a serious business argument with them. Then they’ve won and you’ve lost.

Hahaha,you know this is what one would refer to as a democracy.Personaly I agree with most of these coments,i understand what lauta is saying,a lot of threads have become quite nrgative,but most not in a bad way.Its the nature of the beast that there will be disapointment with things out of our control,but if you cant voice yr disapointment wats the point in the forums to start with??We shouldnt be soquick to pass judgement on others.Lauras rite that we all share one pasion & are lucky to belong to the linkinpark family.W;-)

I think there’s really a bad atmosphere between a lot of Linkin Park fans, maybe because some are btching about the ‘new sound’ and some about those who’re btching about the ‘new sound’.
But I don’t really care about that, I’m not here because of the fans :wink:

I came here to say exactly this. People clearly weren’t around for the Reanimation drama (“A remix album already? LP have sold out!”). Or the Meteora drama (“This is exactly like Hybrid Theory! LP have sold out!”). Or the withholding of tracks from the Live In Texas DVD to put them on the LPU CD. Or the various trolls like Manson, Krwlng, Dragonfli, Moo3000, Jawknee etc. Or the “hacking” fall-out. Or when the ticket pre-release codes were leaked. Or even when the board was kept in the dark about the future of the LPUX. And when the prices for LPUX were announced.

This board has always had drama and it’s survived through various states of activity. It’s no different to any other.[/quote]

Gee… apparently I’ve missed a lot of fun all these years. Should I have known the forums have always been that… spicy, I would have joined since year one. [wink]

[quote=Denise]I think there’s really a bad atmosphere between a lot of Linkin Park fans, maybe because some are btching about the ‘new sound’ and some about those who’re btching about the ‘new sound’.
But I don’t really care about that, I’m not here because of the fans :wink:

You missed some good times, and some bad. But I’ve got friends like Kathy and Michalangelo for all the trouble it’s caused me. :slight_smile:

I don’t really log on the site very often, so I haven’t noticed things like that. Well, I hope that those people will change.

You missed some good times, and some bad. But I’ve got friends like Kathy and Michalangelo for all the trouble it’s caused me. :)[/quote]

That’s not much of a compensation, there.

Mmm Manson. Loved that kid. Sure do miss’em

Sometimes i think that when some have a go at others for attention grabbing posts but other then that everyone seems sympathetic and friendly :smiley:

agreed we have an amazing community here where basically everyone is friendly :slight_smile:

You missed some good times, and some bad. But I’ve got friends like Kathy and Michalangelo for all the trouble it’s caused me. :)[/quote]

I really should have gone for bank robbing to get the membership money at the time, shouldn’t I? [wink]
I’m really glad to hear that you got good friends at LPU. [smile]
If each of us get at least one such a friend, I guess it’s worth all the discussion and petty fights. [smile]