Anyone giving into the Leak?

I’ve never given into the leak for an artist i love and dont think i will. i want to give LP money for their hard work! pre orderd the album

im excited to hear the album and wish i had the physical copy in my hand today but i wont crumble ill stand strong and get the CD when it comes in the post!

when i pre-orderd ATS it came like 5 days before release date for me. That was an amazing supprize!

[smile][biggrin] nope im going to wait for my real download x its well worth the wait x yippee

of course there will be a leak. There was a leak when ats came out too (2-3 days prior the release)
Cannot avoid it

Well i think i just wait for my album to come (pre ordered it)
We will see :smiley:

[quote=LinkinParkForever275]of course there will be a leak. There was a leak when ats came out too (2-3 days prior the release)
Cannot avoid it

Well i think i just wait for my album to come (pre ordered it)
We will see :smiley:

There was a leak for ATS and for M2M, so I’m sure there wil be a leak for LT too :slight_smile:
I’m a very impatient person so i think I will listen to it :wink: Of course I will buy a CD too, I can’t imagine not doing this. The feeling when you hold this beautiful package and it feels like they recorded it only for you

I will download it soon as possible. I’d hate to die before I listen to it. Still will buy the cd though.

If you really think LP would struggle because we didnt pay for the album sales then your blinded by the light lol. There tours and merchandise, website, lpunderground members, thats where they make there money. Album sales are nice to have, and like I said I will still buy at least one and have preordered it, my point was for many albums, and if your like me, try out many bands, many genres, many albums. You dont know the album only has two good songs on it till after you buy it, so if you listen to the download and its good, you support the band and buy the album. Bands should make quality albums, this is more prevalent on the rap albums I listen too, but it happens on many of the rock albums as well, two good songs and the rest is crappy, especially radio play bands, and you dont know until after you pay 15 bux for the album. Now the preview options are really nice now, gives you an idea of the sound of the ablum before you buy it, which is nice, but I would spend millions of dollars if I bought every single album of bands I was interested in. Instead they benefit from spreading the word if its good, get my money from merchandise and going to concerts, everyone I tell about them goes to the shows, and they get exposure. LP doesnt need exposure, you expect LP to put out a good album, but theres plenty of bands, rappers, that benefit much more by getting there music out to a large audience online, create a buzz and go from there. Definitely some benefits, and yes theres itunes and amazon, but whats the benefit, it costs nothing to provide a download, songs should be more like 20 cents a song digital download. Linkin Park being who they are probably make about 2 dollars an album, and even with the whole digital age and downloading, add that up on there album sales, plenty of cash lol, they get plenty there, but most lower bands only get about a 1 dollar an album, merchandise or independant and concerts make them money. LP is a different breed they are more like the beetles lol. Its a grey area for sure, I will always follow the belief of download it, you like it, pay for it. And many websites and bands are going that route now, you can even donate what you think the album is worth, I think that is more towards the future of album sales.

nope. It feels so much better when you have the cd. play the cd on the computer. You connect it to the speakers and boom! its better that way.

Hybrid Theory sold more than 10 millions and still counting, i believe the money from there played a great part on earning the title “millionaires”, before all the sold out concerts and merch.

cost nothing? server costs, the staffs who needs to maintain it, the hardware… i’ll leave it at that for you to think about.

initially all bands/artists get the same of what LP gets from album/download, after that, then it will depends on the deal they made with the record company which those bands should have aware of the contents before they signed it. at the end it’s the quantity of download/album sales that makes the digits different.

my country just had a crisis in digital, that was where all the money came from for our local bands/artists, but when the government issued a regulations to reset/unsubscribe all music digital subscription, all the bands and artist are crying out loud. because that would mean there’ll be no income cos there’ll be no downloads, plus no good number on physical album sales due to piracy and illegal downloads.

anyway, i understand where are you going with this. but however it is, don’t think that it’s not hurting the band even a bit. there’s a reason why those websites and bands put up donate button of how much the album is worth, it’s a way to show how much you appreciate their works. them websites and bands can just say “comment if you like”, but no, they still needs a nominal. basically if the band wants it to be given out for free, they would already do it. if not, then please, telling everyone to not feel uncomfortable is the least thing that the band wants you to do as a fan.

if spreading the words of the bands is your biggest concern, then go and enlist yourself on their street teams, you’d get more of the insight from the artist that way before start paying the $15 or $2 or 99 cents, right? or check their youtube for the videos. after that, then tell your friends and everyone if you think they are good.

I’d probably give in if it leaked weeks beforehand, but if it’s just for the sake of hearing it a few days earlier, I’d rather wait for the CD copy to make the first listen just that little bit better. CDs sound better than downloaded stuff. :]

I have the CD preordered and normally get CD preorders through the post a couple days early anyway.

Yeah thats why I said its a little different with LP LOL, they are already millionaires or higher, so wouldnt kill them at this time if we didnt buy them, but we do because we love the band and support them. The downloading and spreading the word is for bands or rappers that are coming up, trying to make it, thats where its most beneficial. There has been so many albums I have downloaded, passed them on to friends and people are like wow these guys are awesome, then they go to shows, buy cds etc. LP of course doesnt need that anymore they have already made it lol.

I listened to BID and LGM but its really just to hold me over until the album comes out, and when it does i delete all the downloaded songs and replace them with the real ones

hehe… i’m giving in. I will support them day 1 always. they got my money for their concert in September, and going to target day 1 to get their new album :slight_smile:

I’ve always been of the mindset that as long as you pre-ordered, then the leak is legally yours. As such, I pre-ordered, I also ordered BID on iTunes. So, I’ll probably listen to the leak.

I never have and never will, I’m to excited for the cd to come, i feel like listening to the cd will be un-special if i listen to the leaks first. It kinda ruins things, i mean igeuss it wouldn’t make a difference for the people who don’t buy the album, or who wanna listen first before they buy it.

[quote=Nashaad]I never have and never will, I’m to excited for the cd to come, i feel like listening to the cd will be un-special if i listen to the leaks first. It kinda ruins things, i mean igeuss it wouldn’t make a difference for the people who don’t buy the album, or who wanna listen first before they buy it.

i want to, but im gonna behave and wait for the cd lol

I’m waiting for the tangible CD to be in my hands. Just something about it.

Meh. I could care less if it leaked already, I never pay attention to them

i don’t even have time to check into leaks lol